• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer in school

F

figsfiggyfigs

This isn't 2000; the "that's racist" argument doesn't work anymore. The values of Arabic culture are far inferior to those of the West. There are plenty of Arabs who move to the first world and embrace freedom of expression, rationality, science, and so on, but most don't and cling to their barbaric medieval superstitions. These people should immediately be deported from all western nation states.

LOL. Wait, are you actually saying racism doesn't exist?

There is nowhere to deport them to. Forced sterilization is enough, I think.

So you're arguing for forced sterilization of foreigners who hold beliefs you see as medieval superstition( or anything 'unacceptable' for how you BELIEVE today's society should be)? Wouldn't it be the same as sterilization of anyone of religious or supernatural/superstitious belief?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is nowhere to deport them to. Forced sterilization is enough, I think.
HmmHmmmmHmmmm :shrug: Where do the foundations of your beliefs come from perch?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
No, I'm arguing for the deportation of foreigners with barbaric value systems. Domestic citizens with barbaric value systems should be sterilized.

Lark

"Radical Christianity"? What bullshit. What has Christianity done in the past few hundred years that even remotely rivals the atrocities committed in the name of Islam?

Good point thanks, if you're a radical Christian you dont work on a sunday but if you're a radical muslim you're preparing for a suicidal bombing, there is an objective difference but I think that both need to get to grips with the idea that its about living for rather than dying for their vision or conviction which is important.

I dont really like the radical to moderation axis which a lot of liberal or secular sources because in some causes radicalism and extremism are no vice, including I believe religious devotions, although it shouldnt ever involve the direct coercion of others or control freakery, God does not behave like that, hasnt for a long time so those who do are usurpers, they dont want God they want Godlike power.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think so, bro. Radical Christians bomb abortion clinics and beat gay people to death. Maybe it's because you're not American, but trust me when I say radical Christians are equally dangerous.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
I don't think so, bro. Radical Christians bomb abortion clinics and beat gay people to death. Maybe it's because you're not American, but trust me when I say radical Christians are equally dangerous.

Nauseatingly cretinous tripe.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I'm arguing for the deportation of foreigners with barbaric value systems. Domestic citizens with barbaric value systems should be sterilized.
And if the foreigners were born and raised in the western secular society and have most of their values in parallel to that?

Lark

Would that sterilisation would sort that out, its more difficult to prevent the reproduction of terrible creeds than terrible individuals.

The whole deportation thing, I dont know if it'll work, you're just concentrating the nuts some place were they'll mass like the goblins in LOTR or something.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
And if the foreigners were born and raised in the western secular society and have most of their values in parallel to that?

Then they don't have barbaric value systems and should neither be deported nor sterilized.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then they don't have barbaric value systems and should neither be deported nor sterilized.
Ah so this is not a race issue for you. I was just clarifying.
So what if they were born with the values of their area but adhere to the western secular value system while they are making their stay there?

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP

:rolli:

In modern times, they are not even remotely as dangerous as radical Muslims; hell, there have been more murders of abortion doctors on Law&Order than there has ever been in real-life America.

Edit: here are some statistics from a quick internet search (obviously, these are both heavily biased sources).

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abortion/violence/history_extreme.asp

http://www.danielpipes.org/5723/which-has-more-islamist-terrorism-europe-or-america

OmarFW

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mandatory prayer in schools is a blatant forcing of morals onto others.

Unless it's a religiously based school, then I see no problem with it.

rav3n

As a possible compromise, how about 10 minutes every morning of "thankfulness time"? Everyone would give non-verbal thanks, whether in prayer or not, to who or what they're thankful to or for and the good things in their lives, whether it's simply being thankful for experiencing beautiful bird song on the way to school or the hug received from a friend.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
As a possible compromise, how about 10 minutes every morning of "thankfulness time"? Everyone would give non-verbal thanks, whether in prayer or not, to who or what they're thankful to or for and the good things in their lives, whether it's simply being thankful for experiencing beautiful bird song on the way to school or the hug received from a friend.

how about giving the nut cases who force people to pray 30 sec time to run before we start shooting at them?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
i knew you would be down with that :D

:wacko:

When I was in school, we had "moments of silence". It was one minute of silence, where no one was allowed to say anything. The problem with it was kids didn't have any respect for this time.. so while some where genuinely trying to pray or be quiet and appreciate the silence in the school, others were talking anyways, and being rowdy and not-giving-a-fuck.

The easiest thing, to me, would be to give 30 minutes or so of 'study time' where students can catch up on homework, go down to designated prayer areas if they wish, seniors could have theirs at the end of the day so they could leave school earlier if they chose.. It just seems to make more sense to me.