User Tag List

First 7151617

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Can of worms, YW. Should there also be a navel-gazing room? Or an imagination room? How about a drop your pants room?
    Why? Do you mind elaborating?

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Why? Do you mind elaborating?
    Beliefs vary throughout the populace. Imagine a prayer room where different denominations want to enact different practices of which some require worship out loud and others, in silence. Also, in order not to offend others if you believe in dropping your pants, it's best to have a separate room.

MBTI
    ENTP

Im going to make a real good impression on this forum by replying to a thread without reading it!

I dont think prayer should be banned(nor am I aware of anyone trying to do so) but mandatory and encouraged prayer should be a no-no. I dont even see what the big deal is, if you want your kids to be religious you can just have them pray before school or if theres no time Im sure there is no reason they couldnt pray prior to class or at recess or something.

So really, as long as there isnt a rule that says "DONT PRAY AT ANY TIME AT ALL OR ELSE" then this really is a non-issue. Its not the governments job to instill spirituality in your kids.

figsfiggyfigs

.... in order not to offend others if you believe in dropping your pants, it's best to have a separate room.
    But that's what washrooms are for...

figsfiggyfigs

Beliefs vary throughout the populace. Imagine a prayer room where different denominations want to enact different practices of which some require worship out loud and others, in silence. Also, in order not to offend others if you believe in dropping your pants, it's best to have a separate room.
    Alright, I'll answer seriously.

I agree with you fully. What you say makes perfect sense, but at the same time, the idea of a "spiritual Sanctuary" for those that seek it doesn't bother me at all, in fact, I like the idea of it being available for those who want to meditate/pray, however you're right, you start there, it leads to an infinite line of trouble likely lead by people seeking sanctuaries that meet other personal desires/beliefs. If we stir the pot, and dump everyone in there, it will also lead to too many issues.

Ginkgo

You could probably get away with streaking through the halls and field as long as you declare "FOR SCIENCE!".