User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I also question how the hijab brings you closer to Allah. Bear in mind, I'm no expert on Islam so please explain.

Sniffles

It mostly reflects the importance of modesty in religious observance. You see this in Judaism and Christianity too, and for that matter many other religious traditions.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have grown up with turkish woman wearing a hijab in my neighbourhood. See them in supermarkets and everywhere in my daily life. It's pretty normal for me and I respect it, if they really want to do it.

My inner self tho finds it awful, like my innerself finds everything awful ny kind of religion has come up with
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    It mostly reflects the importance of modesty in religious observance. You see this in Judaism and Christianity too, and for that matter many other religious traditions.
    No offense Peguy but I'd like to hear YWs reasons for wanting to don the hijab. Hopefully she can provide some rational reasons for believing that women must be modest and men not, pertaining to physical cover rather than the ideology of modesty in general which can be addressed in other ways.

Sniffles

What makes you think modesty only pertains to women?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    What makes you think modesty only pertains to women?
    Because men aren't required to cover thier faces or bodies for modesty.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Because men aren't required to cover thier faces or bodies for modesty.
    Tho that would be really nice with some specimen
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I also question how the hijab brings you closer to Allah. Bear in mind, I'm no expert on Islam so please explain.
    Not so strictly, only referring to being more connected with the words of the religion, which in turn makes one feel closer to God.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No offense Peguy but I'd like to hear YWs reasons for wanting to don the hijab. Hopefully she can provide some rational reasons for believing that women must be modest and men not, pertaining to physical cover rather than the ideology of modesty in general which can be addressed in other ways.
    Lets take religion out of the equation.

In regards to covering ones hair; It does seem that a females hair is a lot more attractive to a man, than a man's hair is to a female. More men are likely to be found attractive with hair, or a completely bold head, where as, its not the same for females.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    In regards to covering ones hair; It does seem that a females hair is a lot more attractive to a man, than a man's hair is to a female. More men are likely to be found attractive with hair, or a completely bold head, where as, its not the same for females.
    So could it be argued then that by the female covering her hair, men will not see how attractive she is so not tempted to make moves on her .. I know this is ignorance on my part but then why not get men to stop hitting on women is they are married.

Which then could come full circle to the oppression of women because men can't keep their dicks in their pants.

(it's one of those subjects where i want to speak up but due to faith, i find it a tricky situation as i don't want to offend and also, you shouldn't have to explain your actions)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Not so strictly, only referring to being more connected with the words of my religion, which in turn makes me feel closer to god.
    This is a personal experience and one that I'd like to challenge but choose not to, avoiding touching on any reader's sensitivities.

Lets take religion out of the equation.

Not sure if this is accurate. Take two men with identical positive traits somewhere between 20 - 40 years old. Now, give one a receding hairline that embraces the crown of his head and the other, a full head of hair. Which one would more women prefer?
    Last edited by bechimo; 05-02-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Amended to depersonalise.