Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in regards to your original question: economics is the distribution of power and utility. a business is designed to distribute value in the most effective and efficient means possible and sometimes to create entirely new value, and they have a very strong incentive to do this: PROFIT. however, there are a few rules in any lawful society.
    1) no stealing
    2) no violence
    3) no controlling of other people through force or intimidation
    4) respect people's right to go after their own goals, their own ambitions, their own desires and their own self interests, as long as they don't stray from the first 3 rules. that's where a legal system comes in

"my right to swing my arms stops where my neighbor's nose begins" so to speak.
    5) man is entitled to the fruits of his own labor, and to no one elses. there is no such things as entitlement.
    this is pure and unadulterated economics as allowed it's true existance by capitalism. under such conditions, value will be continuously redistributed efficiently and new value will be created, allowing for a cyclical trend of rapid economic growth as long as this system remains undisturbed.
    corporatism is a corruption of real capitalism because of the interaction between government and economics which leads to lower productivity, higher taxes for the productive and lower taxes for the unproductive, lobbyists, cronies and corrupt businessmen who are the puppetteers or politicians.
    Wha....? to the bolded
    Sorry, do you believe this is how capitalism actually works in practise? Or are you just talking about it in an idealistic way?
    These things don't actually happen irl for the majority...
    Can you tell me one multinational that adheres to these rules? name it.
    As for point 5 i'm confused by this as it seems like you are talking about individuals and not organisations/corps/etc
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENTP

2) no violence
    Yeah right I know this guy he rented a small space to sell sandwiches and got beaten up by the competition. Literally.

Now...if one get's his ass kicked for selling sandwiches...imagine the big picture.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Yeah right I know this guy he rented a small space to sell sandwiches and got beaten up by the competition. Literally.

Now...if one get's his ass kicked for selling sandwiches...imagine the big picture.
    must be some good sandwiches

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    must be some good sandwiches
    well they weren't exactly sandwiches.
    It's called shaorma.

And that guy who's 21 got beaten up by a 50 year old mogul hillarious

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    Wha....? to the bolded
    Sorry, do you believe this is how capitalism actually works in practise? Or are you just talking about it in an idealistic way?
    These things don't actually happen irl for the majority...
    Can you tell me one multinational that adheres to these rules? name it.
    As for point 5 i'm confused by this as it seems like you are talking about individuals and not organisations/corps/etc
    Singapore, at least that's what several international investors say on their forums
    PS: capitalism doesn't work like this because the legal system does not support it. you do have to make the bolded list illegal after all (which is more complicated than it sounds, but 1/100th as complicated as our own legal system in america.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

um.... my point exactly. the fact that those guys who beat him up didn't get arrested and got away from that scot free shows that there are HUGE problems with out legal system.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah that's it exactly - plus these corps drive small business out, and they use cheap third world labor in an attempt to keep their prices competitive with businesses that might run in a more ethical manner.

It's a complex form of theivery itself, which is why I take no issue with people shop lifting from major corporations.

I do not do so because I am a grown up, but I did when I was like fifteen/sixteen, before I'd become a bit more reasonable.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh I could also talk about how global intellectual property laws favor big business rather than the poor people in third world countries they employ.

It's all set up to work in their favor. It's incredibly heinous.

It doesn't just happen overseas, either.

Happens here too. I had a history prof in college who was actually a full-time corporate lawyer for one of the big coal companies in WV, and he knows what they're up to. When I confronted him about it, his only defense was "it's a job" and he looked kind of guilty and frightened.

Because he knows. He knows how laws work to protect the coal companies, even as they destroy land and people's homes, like literally put cracks in the foundations of the earth and people's houses start falling down.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    um.... my point exactly. the fact that those guys who beat him up didn't get arrested and got away from that scot free shows that there are HUGE problems with out legal system.
    ha! arrested? They own the fucking cops.