User Tag List

123 Last

Default Spiritual Practice 101

I have enrolled in Spiritual Practice 101.

This semester we will be practising Waving.

Our teacher told us that this is not external waving but inner waving.

But first she said, we need to establish inner waving at will.

This is quite easy, she said, all you need to do is turn on the radio and dance for five minutes. Then you sit down for five minutes.

You do this five times, she said, and it takes about fifty minutes.

Victor.

Default But What is Waving

As you can imagine, I was not going to take this at face value, so I asked her, what is Waving.

Well, she said, first it is inner waving.

You need to learn to set up in your body and mind a set of waves flowing over fifty minutes.

Imagine, she said, you are hooked up to your computer with a heart monitor, an oxygen monitor, a brain wave monitor, a salt monitor, a temperature monitor, a muscle contraction monitor, a hormone monitor. And you could see a read out on your screen in front of you of each of these monitors.

What you would be looking at would be a read outs of your metabolic rates.

And you will see that they come in waves - a bit like sine waves.

And this, she said, is the important point - if you have full amplitude in your waves, if they are big waves, this is a sign you are healthy. But if your waves are small, it is a sign you are unwell. And if your monitors flatline, it means you are no longer alive.

So, in short, the bigger the waves, the more alive you are.

And so the purpose of the exercise is to increase the size of your waves.

Victor.

Default But What Has This To Do With Spiritualit?

So I was ready in my next class to ask, what had this to do with sprirituality?

Well, she said, it is simple - as you dance for five minutes, your metabolic rate goes up - you are riding up the wave - you start to feel euphoric.

But then you sit down and automatically your Relaxation Response starts to kick in. Your metabolic rate starts to come down - you are surfing down the front of the wave.

As your heart slows down, as your breathing slows down, you progressively start to relax. And after five minutes, you are quite deeply relaxed.

And so you get up again and dance for another five minutes. And this time, you become even more euphoric.

Until you sit down for another five minutes and become even more deeply relaxed.

And as you do this five times over fifty minutes, you set up a beautiful wave within yourself of euphoria and relaxation.

Victor.

Default Homework

I am just about to do my spiritual homework. I have set aside an hour without distractions. I have the radio tuned to dance music and a big mirror to watch myself dancing. (The teacher didn't mention the mirror, but I like to watch myself dancing).

I feel quite nervous. But I usually feel nervous when I am doing something new. I think it is a bit like stage fright.

Perhaps I will have a cup of tea first, then I will dance.

I wonder how it wil go. Will I feel the euphoria and the relaxation the first time or will it take more practice?

I feel like I am going out on my first date and I don't know what will happen.

Victor.

Default Resistance To Doing My Homework

I am meeting enormous resistance to doing my homework.

At first I thought I was procrastinating like Captain Chick. I said I would do my homework after a cup of tea, then I thought it was too late in the day and I would do it the next morning. Then I thought I would do it after a big breakfast but then I thought I was too full to dance. And so I have kept putting it off.

So I have come to realise my resistance is too important to ignore. Particularly as I am having dreams about it.

My dreams involve people stopping me doing my homework.

So I think my resistance it telling me something.

I think my resistance is telling me my homework is very important and it will have ramifications for me.

I think my resistance is telling me my homework will take me deep into myself.

And my resistance is telling me to pause and prepare myself for going deep.

And my resistance is telling me my homework will change me and such a change may not be welcome by other people.

So I think I should allow my resistance to prepare me for going deep.

And I should not expect others to understand or accept my depth.

On the other hand I am very excited about my homework. I am very excited because I have created my homework myself - it has not been given to me by someone else.

I expect my homework to enliven me, to enable me to do what I really want to do.

Victor.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Victoire, my love!!!

Helllo!!

I have a presentation for my plant ecology class at 8:00am tomorrow morning, but alas, I have yet to begin to start preparing for it!!!

Yes, I too resist homework, yuck!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTx

Sounds like a rather "out there" type of class.

Default What We Don't Know

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Helllo!!

I have a presentation for my plant ecology class at 8:00am tomorrow morning, but alas, I have yet to begin to start preparing for it!!!

Yes, I too resist homework, yuck!!!
    Hello, dear Capitaine,

I hope your presentation for your plant ecology class goes well.

But I was wondering - would you like to explore what your resistance is telling you?

Of course you may not wish to explore your resistance and I quite understand.

But rather than seeing my resistance outside of myself, I see it as strongly, very strongly, telling myself something - something I don't yet know about myself.

Perhaps I am being importune, but I was wondering what you don't know about yourself - but only if you want to share.

Victoire.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default "Beautiful Movement out of the Mysterious Void"

^an English translation/interpretation for the Chinese ideogram that represents dance!

I love music, and I love to dance!!!

When we dance, we communicate with the music, using our bodies as our instrument.

Victoire, I envy your assignment, want to switch?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Messing with your brain chemistry != spirituality.

I don't see how this involves any, you know, spirits.