User Tag List

First 234

Anew Leaf

I am only afraid of what happens to me right before I die. Which I have read means that I am afraid of life, and not death. And this is very true for me.

After I die I want to explore the universe. It would take an eternity to learn about everything, to see every sun, every world, every creature.

Death is a certainty and I can handle that. Life is all uncertainty and I don't like that very much.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

One of the things I have always wondered about is how our perspective on life would change if accidents, murder or suicide was the only possible way to die.
    I still think that our fears are linked to uncertainty. But we fear both the idea of eternal life as well as death due to uncertainty.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Experiencing perceptual reality from the mind replaces perceptual realities of the heart. Much of reality is constructed around the premise consciousness is of the mind rather than of the heart.

I think the concept of Eternal Life goes hand in hand with the concept of...umm.. having a soul or spirit that is touched in a way that can even concieve or find joy in it. Maybe even someone who already has tapped into their Eternal self, so to speak. So there wouldn't be all this discontentment about it when they get there. They already are there. Be it a Buddhist paradigm or a Christian one.. or if you're Conan and found the riddle of steel, and Crom is pleased. I mean, you can't reach Nirvana unless you already did in your mortal life. And you can't appreciate hanging out with Jesus or saints unless you already strove for their friendship in the first place.

Whether any of it is true or not is anyone's guess, but that's not my point. I'm just saying you're approaching it from the perspective of someone who doesn't care about the philosophies, worldviews, and all the trappings contained within these various concepts of eternity. Of course, you wouldn't like it.

For others, it'd be different. There's a quote in the NT from Christ (Luke 17:21), that sort of illustrates what I'm saying. Jesus was asked about the Kingdom of God, and he responds: "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." The point being, he was trying to get people to look within first, changing their hearts.. to see if they have even the capacity for it, making them ask themselves if they're capable of embodying it first. The same would apply to Buddhism, albeit with some differences.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think the concept of Eternal Life goes hand in hand with the concept of...umm.. having a soul or spirit that is touched in a way that can even conceive or find joy in it. Maybe even someone who already has tapped into their Eternal self, so to speak. So there wouldn't be all this discontentment about it when they get there. They already are there. Be it a Buddhist paradigm or a Christian one.. or if you're Conan and found the riddle of steel, and Crom is pleased. I mean, you can't reach Nirvana unless you already did in your mortal life. And you can't appreciate hanging out with Jesus or saints unless you already strove for their friendship in the first place.
    This is an excellent point.

Ginkgo

I wouldn't want to occupy an afterlife if I was still ruled by my self-awareness there.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Experiencing perceptual reality from the mind replaces perceptual realities of the heart. Much of reality is constructed around the premise consciousness is of the mind rather than of the heart.
    Now let me bring more emphasis on this idea in relation to eternal consciousness or life as people wish to view it.

What does eternal life, an afterlife even mean, I feel the entire premise of perception in many ways is blurred.

Article

Recently, Neurophysicists have been astonished to discover that the Heart is more an organ of intelligence, than (merely) the bodies' main pumping station. More than half of the Heart is actually composed of neurons of the very same nature as those that make up the cerebral system. Joseph Chilton-Pearce, author of The Biology of Transcendence, calls it "the major biological apparatus within us and the seat of our greatest intelligence."

The Heart is also the source of the body's strongest electromagnetic field. Each heart cell is unique in that it not only pulsates in synchrony with all the other heart cells, but also produces an electromagnetic signal that radiates out beyond the cell. An EEG that measures brain waves shows that the electromagnetic signals from the heart are so much stronger than brain waves, that a reading of the heart's frequency spectrum can be taken from three feet away from the body...without placing electrodes on it!

The Heart's electromagnetic frequency arcs out from the Heart and back in the form of a torus field. The axis of this Heart torus extends from the pelvic floor to the top of the skull, and the whole field is holographic, meaning that information about it can be read from each and every point in the torus.

The Hearts' torus electromagnetic field is not the only source that emits this type of electromagnetic field. Every atom emits the same torus field. The Earth is also at the center of a torus, so is the solar system and even our galaxy...and all are holographic. Scientists believe there is a good possibility that there is only one universal torus encompassing an infinite number of interacting, holographic tori within its spectrum. Because electromagnetic torus fields are holographic, it is more than likely that the sum total of our Universe is present within the frequency spectrum of a single torus.

This means that each one of us is connected to the entire Universe and as such, can access all the information within it at any given moment. When we get quiet and access what we hold in our Hearts, we are literally connecting to the limitless supply and Wisdom of the Universe, thereby enabling what we perceive as "miracles" to enter into our lives.

When we disconnect and shut down the Heart's innate wisdom of Love-based thinking, the ego-based intellect takes over and operates independently of the Heart, and we revert to a survival mentality based on fear, greed, power, and control. In this way, we come to believe that we are separate, our perception of life shifts into one of limitation and scarcity, and one in which we must fight in order to survive. This amazing organ, that we often time ignore, neglect and build walls around, is where we can find our strength, our faith, our courage and our compassion, enabling our higher emotional intelligence that can, if we allow it, guide us through our lives.

We must now switch the gears out of the fear-based mental state that we have been taught to believe in, and move into Heart Centered living. For this transformation to take place, one must learn to meditate, "go into your Heart" and access the inner wisdom of the Universe. It is the only way, it is THE WAY. As each one of us begins this quiet revolution of living from the Heart, we will begin to see it reflected in our lives and in our World. This is how each one of us will create change in the world, create Peace, create Harmony and Balance, and in this way, will we all create the New World Paradigm of Heaven on Earth.
    Which is interesting you mention eternity, would time feel limited in the mind and timeless in the heart?