User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: OUIJA!

MBTI
    ISTx

Default OUIJA!

Who's done it? Who has weird/scary/cool stories to share? I'm reading a book right now that I mentioned in the "Whacha reading thread," about a UK journalist who decided to do some investigating in the paranormal. I'm over half way done with the book. It comes up several times that the Ouija board is considered a dangerous tool by just about any paranormal "expert" and I've heard/read that from many sources before this book.

When I was probably 16 me and my close friend bought one. We got it out once and started to mess with it but it didn't do anything and we got bored and put it away. I wanted to take it back out on another visit to his house but he was against the idea. He's real laid back and I'm curious as to why he didn't want to do it that time. After the first try he mentioned that he'd probably try to do it on his own sometime. I wonder if he did... I also wonder what the results were. My friend is a good guy and personality wise I don't think I ever got along with anyone better than him but he has a somewhat dark and sad past. Family problems, depression, suicide attempt. Around the time when we got the board he was kind of curious about the occult and stuff (which I think was just a phase that has since passed) but he told me of weird dreams he'd had as well as the door knob on his door shaking one night. I think this was stuff before the Ouija board though. I don't really believe in demons I don't think but there always seemed to be a sad oppressive feeling with my friend and his house. I don't know what it was, if anything at all.

That's not much of an Ouija board story but I want to hear some if you got em. Do you have skepticisms about it?

MBTI
    ISTx

Bahh, I'm an idiot. This should have gone in "Philosophy & Spirituality."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Moved.

I tried Ouija. Nothing cool ever happened. It's one of those things where something really freaky always happened to "someone's friend's friend."

MBTI
    ISTx

Wait, how did you gain moderator status?

But yeah, it does seem that way. It's always someone else.

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Word. Still doesn't explain why though. lol

Anyways, OUIJA!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Did/Watched Ouija once. Didn't do it again. Watched a friend do it with someone else.

He's an ISFP. He's also incredibly honest and not prone to making things up... or at least not without laughing and spilling the beans right afterwards.

He seemed to channel some boy killed in a race riot in Africa. I was skeptical, but I was also sitting there with him watching him as he did it. he went white as a sheet and was sweating profusely.

It drained him. Afterwards he just fell over and lay there like one dead for a while.

Not sure if it was a real experience... or whether he just THOUGHT it was and was in a self-imposed trance state. But... freaky.

And he has refused to Ouija ever since. That was 20 years ago.

of course I am skeptical. But I still can't tell what IS going on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Moved.

I tried Ouija. Nothing cool ever happened. It's one of those things where something really freaky always happened to "someone's friend's friend."
    I did it... won't again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I did it... won't again.
    Oh, now that is TOO juicy to post and not follow up!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I did it... won't again.
    Seriously. If you think I'm gonna let that fly in MY THREAD, then you're wrong.

d33tz n0w or GTFO.