• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

prophecy in the pentecostal community

Mole

Permabanned
The Oracle of Delphi

I'm told poets create religion, prophets abuse religion and priests do it to death.

Nonetheless I am still fond of the Oracle of Delphi and her gnomic utterances. None of us knows the future so we look for signs and prophecies. Sometimes it is better to act than not to act, and the oracular utterances from Delphi can give us a reason and confidence to act.

KDude

I'm told poets create religion, prophets abuse religion and priests do it to death.

Nonetheless I am still fond of the Oracle of Delphi and her gnomic utterances. None of us knows the future so we look for signs and prophecies. Sometimes it is better to act than not to act, and the oracular utterances from Delphi can give us a reason and confidence to act.

It's been proposed that the Oracle at Delphi was affected by vapors emerging from the fault lines beneath the temple area (methane, carbon dioxide, and hydrogen sulphide). It's possible that this could have at least produced a subtle (and consistent) euphoric state. Which doesn't necessarily rule out anything.. it's just begs the question on whether methane and carbon dioxide have the side effect of "prophecy". :)

Pentecostals bother me. I've been invited to a church where an entire congregation of seemingly "down to earth" people went into a trance (this was during the musical section of the service.. when the singers started singing something in unison.. they also subtly dimmed the lights at the same time. I wonder if it was meant to produce hypnotic effects. For a split second, even I zoned out.. but I recognized it). I actually snuck out and left the people I went with. No one even noticed.. they were all mumbling and waving their hands in the air. It was creepy.

Mole

Permabanned
Pentecostals bother me. I've been invited to a church where an entire congregation of seemingly "down to earth" people went into a trance (this was during the musical section of the service.. when the singers started singing something in unison.. they also subtly dimmed the lights at the same time. I wonder if it was meant to produce hypnotic effects. For a split second, even I zoned out.. but I recognized it). I actually snuck out and left the people I went with. No one even noticed.. they were all mumbling and waving their hands in the air. It was creepy.

Yes, we all long to share our trances, particularly our sexual trances.

However some trances are mutually exclusive, such as the trance of the Mass and the trance of a Protestant Service.

And because we so long to share our trances, we fought and died for them, Protestant against Catholic.

Today we have reached a settlement where we practise our Protestant and Catholic trances privately.

Unfortunately Islam wants to practise their Islamic trance in public and want to share their Islamic trance with us all.

And so they have decalared war on us (Jihad) using violence, terror, propaganda and migration to ensure we all share the Islamic trance.