• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Transcending Myers and Briggs

Mole

Permabanned
Less lines, more links.

It seems to me that this is more like a conversation than a peer review journal so it seems inappropriate for me to be quoting others or giving links.

And it does seem appropriate to say what is on my mind and listen to what is on your mind.

It's like, in a conversation it is rude to talk about a third person who isn't there.

Or I wonder, is it my style you don't like?

Victor.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hon, I don't mind your style.

I think you are quite interesting actually, but I too would appreciate if you were to provide links to support your claims.

Your style is very P-ish, or is it N-ish, or S-ish, lol, to me, in that you don't seem to be overly offensive or defensive, which I like :D.

But if you don't like the MBTI, why are you here?

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
It seems to me that this is more like a conversation than a peer review journal so it seems inappropriate for me to be quoting others or giving links.

And it does seem appropriate to say what is on my mind and listen to what is on your mind.

It's like, in a conversation it is rude to talk about a third person who isn't there.

Or I wonder, is it my style you don't like?

Victor.

Why would it be inappropriate for you to be quoting others? Even more puzzling is that you find it inappropriate to provide links. Why so for that as well?

Aren't you trying to give insight into your POV? However can people follow you if you merely point out what you "know" and then give reference to a site/s yet not offer to give it due to some propriety YOU feel? Your info is fine alone, without reference. But if you mention it and people have kindly asked to read it to better understand you as they've clearly tried but are either failing or are beginning to dismiss you, wouldn't it be rude of you to decline them by refusing to give it? Heh. No one else, well mostly no one else, minds. So, do share'em! :D You do have them, right? Heeeh. I hope so!

People offer links all the time here, sometimes to validate what they are trying to explain as a point of courtesy (or really, also, an ego boost. "Told ya so"). As for quoting others...that is pretty typical as well.

It isn't rude to talk about a third person who isn't there so long as you remain respectful of them. If that's your aim, anyway. You may be here chatting to Edahn or CC but I've been lurking about and now I've brought myself into your discussion. Countless others are lurking as well and most will never comment. Might that not be considered rude as well? Not unless you think soooo. I don't~ I doubt most here would either or they wouldn't bother posting to begin with. Or stay in lurker mode with nary a post to their name!

You may have a "style" but by not trying to compromise a bit to accommodate others is rather self-defeating for your aim. I wonder that you're bothering to try then.

Jen, he just might be BW's son! :cry:

typo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Victor, you tell us not to take your word for it and to check Wikipedia, but Wikipedia certainly does NOT support your claim that Carl Jung was "an enthusiastic and active supporter of the Nazis." There is an entire section at Wikipedia called "Jung and Nazism." which readers can visit here: Carl Jung - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'll just paraphrase the facts, as they are currently stated at Wikipedia:

1) Yes, Jung was editor of the Zentralblatt für Psychotherapie, a publication that eventually endorsed Mein Kampf as required reading for all psychoanalysts.

However, Jung claims he accepted the position with the support of his Jewish friends and colleagues in an effort to save the practice of psychoanalysis, which he believed the Nazis would abolish as a "Jewish science."

2) Yes, Jung served as president of the Nazi-dominated International General Medical Society for Psychotherapy.

However, one of Jung's first acts as president was to modify the constitution so that German Jewish doctors could maintain their membership as individual members even though they were excluded from all German medical societies. Jung later resigned from the position during the war.

3) In 1943 Jung aided the Office of Strategic Services by analyzing Nazi leaders for the United States.

4) In an interview with Carol Baumann in 1948, published in the Bulletin of Analytical Psychology Club of New York, December 1949, Jung explicitly denies rumors regarding any sympathy for the Nazi movement, saying, "It must be clear to anyone who has read any of my books that I have never have been a Nazi sympathizer and I never have been anti-Semitic, and no amount of misquotation, mistranslation, or rearrangement of what I have written can alter the record of my true point of view."

This does not sound to me like "enthusiastic and active" support for the Nazis, and it comes from the very source Victor tells us to rely on.

Mole

Permabanned
Two Minds Are Better Than One

But if you don't like the MBTI, why are you here?

This is an interesting question.

I understand Geoff is in charge here and he has been reading my posts on SENG for some time and he invited me to join his group.

I have some unresolved questions about myself that can only be answered by others.

So your eyes are even more valuable than my own; and your ears are more valuable than my own two ears.

In short two minds are better than one - yours and mine.

Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
Good Taste

Ouch, now that's gotta hurt.

It's true that Carl Jung was not a member of the Nazi Party while Martin Heidegger was a member. But because the Shoah was close to absolute evil, both sought to whitewash their involvement and distance themselves from their pasts.

Jung was spectacularly successful and become a Guru of the New Age Movement.

While Heidegger was slightly less successful but remained the Father of Existentialism.

Frankly, my good taste forbids me from being a disciple of Jung or Heidegger.

Victor.

Postscript - Mrs Briggs and her daughter were disciples of Jung, just as those who follow MBTI are disciples of Mrs Briggs and her daughter.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I have some unresolved questions about myself that can only be answered by others.

I don't think it's so much the answers of others which will help resolve those questions you have but rather your perception of those answers, regardless of how close you are to understanding them or misunderstanding them.

In short two minds are better than one - yours and mine.

Only two?! =/

Q: I wonder why people take an instant dislike to me?

A: It saves time.

Is this my cue to stop interacting with you? I didn't take an instant disliking to you, but then what you say negates any help you might gleam (however gleaned) from myself or from others or it contradicts what you've said of two minds being better than your single one (CC's mind is sacred! Mine to play with! :steam: ), especially if you're searching for answers outside of yourself which can only be answered by others :D Unless, of course, the answer is in what you perceive to be instant rejection? :cry:

Less self-deprecation, more explanations!

And I highly doubt that everyone here is a strict follower of MBTI-- People adapt and create new ideas, altering the original understanding as years pass. If you've read or followed any of the new MBTI Practitioners, you'll find that they've enhanced MBTI beyond Myers and Briggs. :sleeping:

Mole

Permabanned
Annoyance

Victor said -
"In short two minds are better than one - yours and mine."
Only two?! =/

And yours too - so I guess I will have say, "Three minds ...................".

But you are annoyed with me and I think that is the most important thing.

I know you are probably too annoyed with me to analyse your annoyance or tell me how I have annoyed you. But you could continue to express your annoyance and we might be able to work it out.

Victor.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
You are definitely an F, and a strange one at that.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have the urge/inclination to embrace you again.

HUGS!!!!!!

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
And yours too - so I guess I will have say, "Three minds ...................".

Only three? =//

But you are annoyed with me and I think that is the most important thing.

I know you are probably too annoyed with me to analyse your annoyance or tell me how I have annoyed you. But you could continue to express your annoyance and we might be able to work it out.

I said I didn't take an instant disliking to you. I'm not annoyed. Why don't you ask me first instead of assuming so? If nothing else, you amuse me! Kekeke = ;)

Have I annoyed you? I don't think so but it'd be good if you told me since I'm *asking* you. :D

DD.
CC! said:

An F, you think, CC? Don't Frighten him away just yet! F can mean any number of thingies....such as Failure or Fart or First etc.

Victor, have you studied MBTI at all?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Or Victor is a really anthropomorphic robot, either way, for reasons unknown to me, he/you/it pulls at my heartstrings.

Mole

Permabanned
Sense of Humour

Only three? =//

I said I didn't take an instant disliking to you. I'm not annoyed. Why don't you ask me first instead of assuming so? If nothing else, you amuse me! Kekeke = ;)

Have I annoyed you? I don't think so but it'd be good if you told me since I'm *asking* you. :D

DD.

An F, you think, CC? Don't Frighten him away just yet! F can mean any number of thingies....such as Failure or Fart or First etc.

Yes, you are right - and you have a wonderful sense of humour.

Victor.

Mole

Permabanned

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have the urge/inclination to embrace you again.

HUGS!!!!!!

I love hugs. I remember we once produced a hug currency. Each note promised the holder a hug. And we all went around spending up big.

But lately, there has been a bloke, you've probably seen him handing out hugs for free on the street. You can see him on Youtube.

We tried to prosecute him for counterfeiting but the Judge set him free.

"Hugs", he told the jury, "want to be free".

And the jury believed him.

Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
An MBTI Consultant

As you see on my profile, I don't have an MBTI yet and as I know next to nothing about it, I am looking for an MBTI Consultant.

I want someone who will closely study my personality and assign me my proper place.

I am looking for someone with a sense of humour and a kindly disposition.

Someone who will guide me through the pitfalls and someone who might point me in the direction of someone compatible.

Can you, will you, introduce me to an excellent MBTI Consultant?

Victor.