User Tag List

First 3456 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Strange, you are quite strange.

I can't really tell if you are joking or not, are you?

and what's a "splincter"?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Default A Surprise Party

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Strange, you are quite strange.

I can't really tell if you are joking or not, are you?
    You know, there is that moment - when a story, a poem or a movie becomes completely real and we forget it is a work of art. And there is that moment between seriousness and laughter when we no longer know, we know longer know, what it is.

It is that moment of complete deliciousness when we forget who we are - when the possibility exists of almost anything but turns out to be our true self.

We flee from ourselves for a moment - and turning a corner - find no one but our truest and dearest self - what a surprise!

For that brief moment, life becomes a surprise party.

Victor.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I might mention that the MBTI has the same truth value as Astrology but when they ask my star sign, I know they are trying to pick me up.

Victor.
    This opinion is almost invariably held by those who've not studied type-theory in depth, and those who have carefully examined both see the enormous canyon between the two.

You haven't put a lot of care in learning the essence of type-theory have you?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    infp

So wait... you find MBTI unreliable yet you havn't studied it?

I'm sorry, Victor, but this whole thread is absurd. I was releived to see you lighten up and to see everyone kind of come together at the end here, because it felt like there was a lot of tension. I was actually kind of worried... you seemed bitter and full of contempt, or as Captain Chick said, misanthropic, although you are now showing a brighter side of you, which is nice to see.

So about transcending MBTI. MBTI is basic when compared to true human personality and spirit. It is the difference between a fuzzy old black and white photograph and the clear vision of the human eye. I don't think anyone believes it is absolute in any sense, but just theory, just a tool to discuss the people around us and ourselves. Using the functions, Se, Si, Fe, Fi, Te, Ti, Ne, Ni, we can explain all kinds of thinking and behaviour and get to know and understand and communicate better. I don't think anyone here believes it is at all perfect or without flaw or even close to that, but that it is a tool. Therefor, it is easily and naturally transcended in every thought of every moment.

Five bucks says Victor ends up being an INFP

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm putting my money on IN_J.

The type of opinion he's expressed doesn't seem to have a personal or rational twist.
    we fukin won boys

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I agree with noc's assessment... Ni dominant if you will.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Strange things about this thread:

• Not-so-subtle overtones of paranoia
    • "Debunking" MBTI and then asking for a consultant
    • INXJ humor
    • Signing your name to ever post
    • Nazi references

Default Teenagers and Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I'm sorry, Victor, but this whole thread is absurd. I was releived to see you lighten up and to see everyone kind of come together at the end here, because it felt like there was a lot of tension. I was actually kind of worried... you seemed bitter and full of contempt, or as Captain Chick said, misanthropic, although you are now showing a brighter side of you, which is nice to see.
    Consider the structure of the thread.

Just as there is no release without tension, there is no courage without fear and no monsoon without the build up.

So in the beginning there is maximum tension in this thread between the believers in MBTI and Astrology and the non-believer - the infidel.

And the important point of the tension is not that it will be released in humour, but that we don't know what will happen.

Let me say that again - so that we don't know what will happen.

This is the pregnant dramatic moment.

This is the magic moment when anything can happen.

It took Socrates a lifetime to realise he didn't know but we can only realise it for a moment.

Not knowing is the spark of learning - we can't learn anything if we already know.

And while Socrates finally knew he didn't know, teenagers know everything.

So there is a maximum tension between teenagers and Socrates.

And so maximum possibilities.

So, you see, I have done my best to seduce you away from MBTI so that you will fall in love with Socrates.

Of course I am only human so I hope you will fall in love with me too but I will settle for your attention.

Victor.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, Ni dominant - INXJ probably.

As you see on my profile, I don't have an MBTI yet and as I know next to nothing about it, I am looking for an MBTI Consultant.

I want someone who will closely study my personality and assign me my proper place.

I am looking for someone with a sense of humour and a kindly disposition.

Someone who will guide me through the pitfalls and someone who might point me in the direction of someone compatible.

Can you, will you, introduce me to an excellent MBTI Consultant?

Victor.
    You got unsubtle here, Victor. lol

Consider the structure of the thread.

Just as there is no release without tension, there is no courage without fear and no monsoon without the build up.

So in the beginning there is maximum tension in this thread between the believers in MBTI and Astrology and the non-believer - the infidel.
    Aww. You spoiled it. It was way fun up to here.

Anyways, hi Victor.

Default Enchantment and Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Yeah, Ni dominant - INXJ probably.

You got unsubtle here, Victor. lol

Aww. You spoiled it. It was way fun up to here.

Anyways, hi Victor.
    Hi Bluebell,

Yes, it is a fine line and I did just for a moment tip unsubtley.

I am sorry I spoiled it for you.

And again it is a fine line between telling the story and explaining how the story is told.

The story depends on illusion and the explaination depends on disillusion.

But if I may console you, dear Bluebell, illusion and disillusion follow each other in a circle. So although I have managed sadly to disillusion you at the moment, the circle is coming round again.

So I trust you are better prepared this time to be entranced and enchanted by me, knowing that it will inevitably be followed by disenchantment.

And as you follow me through enchantment and disenchantment, you will start to pick up the rhythm. And before long, you will be dancing yourself.

And most important, you will start to lead me. You will enchant and entrance me and then disenchant me with an analysis - an explaination.

I must confess I love both. I love enchantment and analysis. I hope you do too.

Then we can enchant and analyse one another to our heart's content.

Victor.