ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    BlueWing? Is that you ...just terse?
    hahahahahahahahaaaa
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

FranG! Long time no see!

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    This is about where I called BS.
    Any psychometrician will tell you MBTI is Invalid and Unreliable, entirely separate from its evil origins.

And any Astronomer will tell you that Astrology contains no truth value.

Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Little interesting facts that I did not know before. Thank you.

Are you assuming to read the minds of Myers and Briggs? Just because the link can be made doesn't mean it is for real. Random relationships do happen by chance. I'm saying here that I allow the possibility of both, but the origins of MBTI doesn't matter much to me. A related example... modern psychology is based on Freud's work... if you ask most psychologist, they'll tell you that most of his theories are BS, but they've taken from him the concept of talk therapy. Same deal here. I believe that MBTI is nothing more than theories, used to describe general tedencies and nothing more. As long as your intent is to use it as a tool and not a crutch, there's no problems with it. It's the same as with any other tools really... calculators, automated devices what have you.

It's a thought stimulating argument...
    Mrs Briggs and her daughter had no education is psychometrics at all so no wonder they created a taxonomy that is Invalid and Unreliable.

The Shoah is about as close as Western Society has come to absolute evil and Mrs Briggs and her daughter copied from the book, "Personality Types", that was written to prosecute the Shoah.

"Personality Types", was written for an evil purpose and MBTI is a copy.

Victor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

What the hell is going on here? What's all this talk about evil? Sorry, but it sounds really strange to label a theory as evil, even with the "justification" you provided.

Prosecute the Shoah? Explain please?

Also, can we have some references to all this Jung-Antisemitic talk? It sounds wrong on its face, considering how Jung was fond of his teacher Freud, a Jew whose books were burned by the Nazis. This sounds like a ton of BS, Victor. Not to mention all the Nazi references are really just ad hominems.

Edahn.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    What the hell is going on here? What's all this talk about evil? Sorry, but it sounds really strange to label a theory as evil, even with the "justification" you provided.

Prosecute the Shoah? Explain please?

Also, can we have some references to all this Jung-Antisemitic talk? It sounds wrong on its face, considering how Jung was fond of his teacher Freud, a Jew whose books were burned by the Nazis. This sounds like a ton of BS, Victor. Not to mention all the Nazi references are really just ad hominems.

Edahn.
    Don't take my word for it - you can check the facts in Wikipedia.

I do understand that Jung is a popular guru and my pointing out that he was an enthusiastic and active supporter of the Nazis goes against the grain.

And I do understand that the flag you fly under here is MBTI and my pointing out that not only is it Invalid and Unreliable but copied from a Nazi supporter, goes against the grain.

But let the chips fall where they may.

Victor.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Don't take my word for it - you can check the facts in Wikipedia.

I do understand that Jung is a popular guru and my pointing out that he was an enthusiastic and active supporter of the Nazis goes against the grain.

And I do understand that the flag you fly under here is MBTI and my pointing out that not only is it Invalid and Unreliable but copied from a Nazi supporter, goes against the grain.

But let the chips fall where they may.

Victor.
    Actually, I criticize MBTI all the time on similar, but other grounds. But my reaction wasn't aimed at your choice to criticism a psychological theory, but rather the way you seem to be going about it.

If you have Wikipedia links, it'd be nice if you provided them, since this is "your" thread. Either way, tho.

Edit: Edahn.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why do you care so much, do you feel personally deceived/hurt by the MBTI?
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Actually, I criticize MBTI all the time on similar, but other grounds. But my reaction wasn't aimed at your choice to criticism a psychological theory, but rather the way you seem to be going about it.

If you have Wikipedia links, it'd be nice if you provided them, since this is "your" thread. Either way, tho.

Edit: Edahn.
    I am primarily interested in thinking perhaps not unlike yourself. So I am primarily interested, on my first day, in thinking about the meaning of the site.

I might say I am not interested in winning an argument.

And I do take seriously your comment that your reaction is aimed at my way of going about it. (I would call it, my style).

Style is a good measure of the man because style is unconscious. Style reveals our disposition - style reveals our character - and while content is under our control, style is not under our direct control - so is a far better measure of our true self.

And with some perspicacy, you are reacting to my style.

So your reaction is very valuable to me as I cannot directly see my own style - I can only see my style through your eyes - and you seem to be discomforted with my style - you may not like my style.

This leaves me at somewhat at a loose end as I can only see my style through your eyes and I am not sure what your reaction means.

Victor.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Less lines, more links.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles