• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Forfeit Your Ability to Analyze a Situation in Exchange for Group-Think?

Would you forfeit your ability to analyze a situation in exchange for group-think?

• Total voters

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who's really going to vote "Yes" even if they would in reality fall victim to "group think" in certain situations?? No one. That's the thing, seldom is "group think" voluntary or done through one's own consciousness.

nail%2Bon%2Bthe%2Bhead.jpg

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Zombify me NOW!!!

;)

Well, zombies at least get to have more brains than this one...

So my vote is I would like to keep my own but also capture those of others. The whole group thing works best when all our powers to analyze are combined.

*cue cheesy superhero team music*

Ingrid in grids

:huh: Who the heck would?

Unless by group-think, what you see, others automatically see too and agree with... but even so, where's the fun in that?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is this poll in the philosophy section? It should be in the fluff zone. It is quite possibly the most pointless thread I've ever seen.

No one is going to answer "yes." In fact, I think the people who even bothered to vote "no" either like to clicky clicky polls, or are paranoid about zombies.

Oh wait - now somebody will vote "yes" because I said they wouldn't.

I smell paradox here. If you choose the second option to the poll, you're just going along with the group. :devil:

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Believe it or not, your participation on the internet is one of increased group cohesiveness. Would you prefer to go without the internet and books to increase the independence of your analysis?

To completely avoid the influence of group think, one must be completely isolated from all other human beings - no language. I'm not saying this would be all bad, but it would certainly be challenging.