• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Three ways of knowing

Mole

Permabanned
^ Win :laugh:

Oh, and the answer is that when we know things it is through knowing them inside and out. The back of hands and insides of pockets can be very unfamiliar things.

Each language has its own expression for, "I know it like ..........".

And the expression shows how that group knows things through their senses.

So it is important to say that I am not talking about individual perception, but rather I am talking about group perception. I am not talking about 'I' , rather I am talking about 'we' at the national level.

Of course is we belong to a 'we' based on extreme individualism, then all of this will pass us by.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
What do Australians say? "I know from experience"?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aside from the fact that how we 'know' is a great philosophical and interesting concept.

We best not forget that comparing the various saying in various cultures don't say a single thing about our perception of knowledge, but rather our ability to learn our cultures sayings.

Which ironically makes us arrive at a funny notion. As a large, probably the largest, part of our knowledge, is taught to us through subjection of others. The teachers. And although the method in which we take in that knowledge is largely of our own choosing. The method in which that knowledge is presented to us, is mostly out of our control. And we go full circle.

Our way of knowing is our cultural prosperity.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The Russians say, "I know it like the palm of my hand"

And the French say, "I know it in depth".

So the Russians are tactile and the French are aural.

And yet the Russians made such great music, as did the French. Both cultures have great literary traditions too.
Stereotypes don't get you very far.