• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Worship A Vain Creator?

Would you worship a vain creator?

• Total voters

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
In our quest for perfection, we had an insatiable lust to validate the righteousness within. To become perfect, we must purge ourselves of the flaw that is vanity. And this is a difficult position, because we can't be not human. So, consequently, a large number of divine beings permeating a vast collection of cultures over the years have been vain. And then, we worship one or more of them, instead.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then explain to me which god you refer and all things associated with said god.

I refer to Jehovah. The qualities associated with Jehovah are truth, justice, mercy, wisdom, love, knowledge, power, life, holiness and righteousness, among others.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
All hail the almighty vein creator.

dnastructure.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
No, I wouldn't.... Hence the reason that I don't subscribe to any religion/deity.

JediVulcanisim

MBTI Type
INTJ
I refer to Jehovah. The qualities associated with Jehovah are truth, justice, mercy, wisdom, love, knowledge, power, life, holiness and righteousness, among others.

Among others? Answering the question in part does not answer the question.

Besides, IHVH/YHWH/GD/Allah (Actual names of your "God") encompasses all forms of existence including the ones that are socially unacceptable practices.

You obviously do not wish to spend the time to communicate the deity that you wish to commit your existence to.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You obviously do not wish to spend the time to communicate the deity that you wish to commit your existence to.

On what basis do you associate other qualities with Jehovah? (btw, Allah is not YHWH, and muslims will tell you that too. If you're going to call me ignorant, you should probably know what you're saying)

JediVulcanisim

MBTI Type
INTJ
On what basis do you associate other qualities with Jehovah? (btw, Allah is not YHWH, and muslims will tell you that too. If you're going to call me ignorant, you should probably know what you're saying)

:jesus: On the basis that most Abrahamic Monotheistic religions affirm that the One True God is everything all at the same time. :jew:

Lol, Allah is YHWH/IHVH/GD All of them originated out of an Abrahamic Monotheistic understanding.
Therefore, they are the same thing!:doh:
And just because Muslims affirm that their god is different than the other understandings of the One True God, does not mean that are not ignorant to the understanding that the One True God they speak of is the same origin and the same god.

rav3n

Voted "no" but to expand on that, I won't worship anyone or anything since it requires some form of blind obedience. It's for the identical reason why "group-think" is so distasteful for me. I NEED to be able to freely think and act which includes the evaluation of past, present and future.

Faith is so not for me since the only reliable constant in my life is me.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:jesus: On the basis that most Abrahamic Monotheistic religions affirm that the One True God is everything all at the same time. :jew:

Lol, Allah is YHWH/IHVH/GD All of them originated out of an Abrahamic Monotheistic understanding.
Therefore, they are the same thing!:doh:
And just because Muslims affirm that their god is different than the other understandings of the One True God, does not mean that are not ignorant to the understanding that the One True God they speak of is the same origin and the same god.

Unless you believe this god actually exists, and that this god is knowable, claiming that others are ignorant doesn't make much sense.

And I really fail to see how having the same historic basis means that they all worship the same god.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
It's a cost-benefit issue. Worship takes time and energy, but being tortured for eternity doesn't sound that great. So in short, in some circumstances, I would be willing to worship something that was pure evil; in others, no I wouldn't worship even a vain creator.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Yes.

I would expect others to worship me. I'm vain as shiz.

On the more serious note.

Are we referring to physical characteristics? more qualitative ones? or Both?

Lark

Voted "no" but to expand on that, I won't worship anyone or anything since it requires some form of blind obedience. It's for the identical reason why "group-think" is so distasteful for me. I NEED to be able to freely think and act which includes the evaluation of past, present and future.

Faith is so not for me since the only reliable constant in my life is me.

I'm beginning to think you're younger than what I'd at first suspected you to be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yaya, heavy burden of life wisdom and intelligence weighs heavily. If indians would track my steps, they'ld wonder what a strange animal I am. I am always lugging the head thru the sand due to its heaviness.

(So sad btw if you're forced to make that joke with your head and not as usual with the pness ! :dont:)

T

ThatGirl

Lol what?

Sorry I have been on a roll today guessing numbers. Didn't mean to offend your heavy headed Pness.

32?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
27, looks like I have to improve my appear-as-a-12-year-old-image :D