User Tag List

First 12

Oberon

This premise probes at the limits of theist cosmology.

But Hux, as you may have noticed, this board is profoundly unfriendly to theists.

I know that Victor's just waiting for the day when we all come to our senses and worship Victor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    But Hux, as you may have noticed, this board is profoundly unfriendly to theists.
    Why do you think this is so? I disagree.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Smile The Warp and Weft of Worship (WWW.)

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I know that Victor's just waiting for the day when we all come to our senses and worship Victor.
    Come the day when you love me unconditionally, you will become me.

And just as unconditional love and becoming are the warp and weft of worship, so coming to our senses weaves the cloth of worship.

Smile Special Pleading

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Why do you think this is so?
    Theism requires us to enter a deep, shared trance where our disbelief is suspended.

Whereas atheism requires us to be fully awake and deeply sceptical.

So the problem is that they are mutually inhibitory. We can't have both at the same time. If we have one, we can't have the other; and if we have the other, we can't have the one. So they fight like cat and dog. The atheists don't see the needs of trance, and the theists have no appreciation of scepticism.

And while art, religion and the imagination depend on trance, science and discovery depend on scepticism.

So we have the perfect storm between theism and atheism, endlessly repeated, endlessly new.

Both the theists and the atheists claim they are put upon, and this is called special pleading.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

According to string theorist Brian Greene, spacetime itself is made up of strings, and these strings are embedded in a medium that is neither space nor time. He likens this "primeval ream" to "commutative geometry". I'm not familiar with that, but it seems that would be God's realm.

I also proposed a notion that space and time themselves are but special cases of what I call "chance".
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...continuum.html
    The spacetime we see before us is just an array of events that we as sentient beings actualize (experience). Space is the three dimensions of free movement between events, and time is the dimension we are dragged along where events are connected through the sequence of "causation".
    The primeval realm, from which God would operate, would have a totally different means of causation than the time dimension that lies in the created order as we know it; being that the relative location of events would have a totally different definition.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

I'm not going to be addressing this in as complex terms as some of the other posters, I read the article and it made my head hurt but I could follow it alright.

There ought to be a little more in the way of definition of terms, space, time for instance, although I do think its very helpful that instead of arguing the minutia of detail from scriptural sources or other theist material that it addresses premises existing thereof, I've heard it said before that the points in creation stories which are most frequently over looked or misunderstood even (sometimes most often) by believers are to do with a priori existence of God, time and space etc.

Whether you believe that it was the act of divine intervention or randomity or dont even accept that dichotomy objectively until the sun, solar systems, day and night, possibly even cognizant life forms existed, how would time exist in any meaningful or measureable form?

MBTI
    ENTP

Seriously? I thought he was in Vegas partying with hookers.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFj

See the bigger picture. An unimaginably infinitely powerful and Holy God who created the heavens and the earth and set them into motion (time) and that in Him all things (down to the least particle that we have yet to imagine) hold together. We just cannot understand these things so I for one take Him at His Word.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

"Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Existing outside of space and time pretty much doesn't make sense. How does it exist at all?

Creating the things is a whole other issue. God's representation as being the creator of all while also being a part of everything always ends up being very circular.
    Go to sleep, iguana.