• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You're plummeting to your death. Last thoughts?

F

figsfiggyfigs

Imagine you're in a plane, and with no warning, the engine suddenly stops.

You're unprepared for death, you're plummeting to your guaranteed demise, and the realization that these are last few seconds of your life, the last experience you will have, and the last sensations you will feel, just hit you.

What do you think will occupy your mind( thoughts, feelings, memories, people, scents, images, etc)?

This isn't about "whats next", this is about "what now", and even, "what if... "

Please answer as honestly as possible. Mentally put yourself in the scenario, if you can.

I understand this is probably a difficult question to answer. It isn't about logic.

I don't know why I started this thread, 2 days before my flight -__-

Last edited:

Curator

Another awesome member.
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
what if I told her I not only love her, but that she is the only woman ive truly wanted to make love to in 6 years... what if I hadnt been such a coward...

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Terror + Anger

The terror doesn't need to be explained ;p.
The anger would be at chance, for not giving me the time to achieve my ambitions.

Concern for family members left behind.
Amused recognition I wasn't much help to them anyway.

Maybe annoyance, frustration at knowing how I'll be remembered.

But all of this could and probably would be replaced by mute terror in the true reality of such an event ;p.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I would probably just be hysterical : screaming, crying, cursing, craving orgasms and cigarettes (hoping to have time for at least one of the two, and not caring who the h- was watching) -
Not at all difficult to imagine; I'm not very happy around planes to begin with, and I always think that it may be my last flight... :(
If I was sane enough to even have thoughts or feelings; I would think about all the people I love, my family, and all the things I would have wanted to do in life :(

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously, stop trying to kill us and giving us no escape, except for potentially one that makes you w anna wish you were dead the rest of your life :laugh:

gromit

likes this
I don't want to die. But I'm going to. I'll miss my friends/family and also will miss life. :( God, if you exist, take our souls, make it not hurt too much.

Hold my hand, stranger in the seat next to me?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
when you're convinced you're going to die, at least with my experience has always been acceptance. Like SHIT! Oh well.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd spend my last few seconds trying to figure out a way to live :laugh: (maybe if I hit the ground at THIS angle I'll be ok! :holy:)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
"well this is how it's going to happen" and then i'd wait a bit and wouldn't be alive.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"well this is how it's going to happen" and then i'd wait a bit and wouldn't be alive.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnM64N-JH7M"]Bamboo[/YOUTUBE]

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd frantically try to think of ways to reduce the impact or save myself, most likely, even though it was hopeless.

I might even try to jump out of the plane, hoping somehow that would save me, and I could grab onto something as I was falling. Even if I didn't live, getting to feel the breeze as I fell would be more exhilarating than just dying in a plane crash. In any case, it would buy me a few more seconds, since I wouldn't fall quite as fast as the plane due to air pressure.

I might consider using a cell phone to record my last thoughts to my own answering machine.

Ooh! But wait! I sometimes carry a parachute in my carry-on luggage! If I had that with me, I could potentially put it on and jump out. But how I would keep it away from other people who would fight me for it? Maybe I could take my luggage, jump out of the plane with it, strap on the parachute as I was falling, and deploy it.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd be like OMG! Floatation device! (Frantically looking around for it) when I couldn't find it or get it out(because I would probably be too frantic to do anything) I would squish my eyes shut, screaming at the top of my lungs thinking, "I hope I die instantly, God have mercy on my soul." If I could find it I would try to get it ready, while crying and shaking, and thinking the same thoughts as above. I may try to jump out of the plane, especially if on an exit seat. I may say random phrases from the Hail Mary prayer.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
besides attempting like hell to live, i'd probably be thinking about the people i love (maybe try to send a text to them, write a note, leave a message, anything i could) and probably say some kind of prayer.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
1st: Maybe we'll go back in time like in Lost...
2nd: No no. This is reality.
3rd: Fuck. I really ought to have planned my mental good-byes ahead of time so they'd be ready.

... I honestly think these might run through my head, in any order.