User Tag List

Default What sort of philosopher is House MD?

If House MD were a philosopher what sort would he be, which philosopher does he resemble do you think?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd say Friedrich Nietzsche in terms of personal philosophy, but wasn't Nietzsche incredibly polite and willing to endure his physical pain where as House MD is not?

Its curious because I do believe that his character/personality is narcissistic, I dont know if Nietzsche was but he appeared that way, his motives are selfish, even were they appear to be altruistic and he is envious of a psychopath when he meets one because they dont have a conscience to deal with and he does.

Moral nihilist?

Perhaps, although he doesnt go out of his way to defeat or undermine morality, perhaps a passive nihilist but besides being athiest, considering religion superstition and no consolation his attitudes toward selfishness is more "It is" than "It is good".

In another discussion elsewhere someone has made a good case for the idea that he is a rational hedonist but a damaged individual.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Lark
    Its curious because I do believe that his character/personality is narcissistic, I dont know if Nietzsche was but he appeared that way, his motives are selfish, even were they appear to be altruistic and he is envious of a psychopath when he meets one because they dont have a conscience to deal with and he does.
    Yeah Nietzsche seemed to reserved his selfish and individualistic philosophy for his books mostly I think, House on the other hand tends to be far more abrasive and blatently rude, so I think there's only a little comparison in personality.

As for personal philosophy, I beleive that some comparisons could be made between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Yeah Nietzsche seemed to reserved his selfish and individualistic philosophy for his books mostly I think, House on the other hand tends to be far more abrasive and blatently rude, so I think there's only a little comparison in personality.

As for personal philosophy, I beleive that some comparisons could be made between them.
    I'd agree with that, Personally, House seems more like a Schopenhauer than a Nietzsche to me

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Voltaire, with a dose of Frege and a smidge of Schopenhauer.

I win.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by The World As Will
    I'd agree with that, Personally, House seems more like a Schopenhauer than a Nietzsche to me
    I suppose that is true, although I don't really know enough about Schopenhauer to say for sure if I can agree.