User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's something that I've weaned myself off doing as I've gotten older, as with every passing year it loses that edgy sort of defiant appeal it once held and simply comes off as childish and ignorant. I don't plan on being one of those people who substitutes swear words in with cringe-worthy euphemisms, I'd ideally just like to be able to express myself better than that in general.

Smile Good Taste and Vulgarity

Vulgarity I think is very important.

A work of art can be vulgar, clothing can be vulgar and even a person can be vulgar.

I think vulgarity is important because it is a reflection of character.

Vulgarity is more important than right or wrong because it goes to the very heart of the person.

I notice that a great deal of television is vulgar and so vulgarity is cool.

But vulgarity is always in bad taste, while good taste is always delicious.

Smile Vulgarity and Originality

On the other hand the Latin Bible is called the Vulgate. And it is the Bible for the vulgar people. By the same token we could say democracy is government by the vulgar people. The ordinary people are vulgar. We are vulgar. And the Vulgate was translated from the Ancient Greek into Latin, just for us, the vulgar ones.

And so by the same token the original Bible, written in Ancient Greek, is certainly not vulgar. It was the Ancient Romans who spoke Latin who were vulgar. The Ancient Greeks gave us our original bible. So the Greeks were original whereas the Romans were mere vulgar copies.

So this tells us what 'vulgar' is. It is a copy of the original.

So if we don't want to be vulgar, dear readers, we need to be original.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Yeah, I swear a bit but I can string a sentence together without doing so. Also I try to keep it relative to the audience.

What I really want to eliminate from my general vocabulary is the frequent misuse of the word 'like'. I hate that it makes me sound like a vacuous valley girl - its embarrassing but unfortunately involuntary
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I never swear.

I don't really notice when I swear or not, I swear so much. Words don't really phase me, and when I say bad ones, it doesn't phase anyone else either. Around adults and children, I watch myself, just because I'll get dirty looks if I don't, but around peers, I'll usually swear if I'm really pissed, upset, or I'm just being silly.

Smile Me and My Swearing

Probably the most important thing is to remember it is all about me - whether I swear or don't swear; when I swear and who I swear around.

There is nothing more important then me and my swearing.

So don't be misled by those who try to broaden the thread because in fact what they are doing is derailing the thread under the quise of looking at the big picture.

And don't be misled by those who abandon the use of 'I' and replace it with 'we'. These are the people who hang around Trade Unions and are never found on Oprah.

Remember the only legitimate person we can speak for is me, speaking for others is verbotem and not a bit cool. And we know this is true because we believe in individual Salvation and individual choice.

So how natural and how good and how rewarding and relaxing to know it is all about me and my swearing.

MBTI
    NiTi
    Enneagram
    5w1

There's nothing wrong with cursing. If you think there is, you're unintelligent and lack critical thinking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Perch420 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with cursing. If you think there is, you're unintelligent and lack critical thinking skills.
    Swearing is for the inarticulate.

And most Anglo-saxon swearing is limited in scope and is scatological.

Ginkgo

I would rather swear on occasion, with precision, and with the utmost consciousness than swear on a whim, spewing mindlessly.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    What are people's fav curse words when they get injured? I yell, "Fuck me!" Lol.
    Cum receptacle, I do declare.