First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Some pleasures transcend pure hedonism, especially if it's dark chocolate.
    (As elfie says, chocolate + a sweet bouquet is blissfully and heavenly gay.)

...Now, if it were cheap fake chocolate, sure... that's hedonism... sorta like drinking Maddog out of a paper bag on the street.
    Hey! Some of us like the simple pleasures. *comforts and reassures collection of Reece's, Almond Joys, Hersey's with Almonds, Peanut M&Ms, and Twix bars*
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Hey! Some of us like the simple pleasures. *comforts and reassures collection of Reece's, Almond Joys, Hersey's with Almonds, Peanut M&Ms, and Twix bars*
    Snickers bars and a big bucket of movie popcorn drenched in butter.... plus a really good movie!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Seanan View Post
    I don't mean to sound trite and truly mean this... the answers are in "Its a Wonderful World"... the best one is the old one with Jimmy Stewart. I don't think any of us really realizes how many and in how many ways we touch the lives of others. I don't know if you're spiritual or not but I am and I also strongly believe in nature. If the answer does not lie in our impact on others, there would only be one of us here.
    I love it! excellent point!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    istp

i dont think life has an especially deep or meaningful purpose, and i do not think it is necessarily pointless. it is human nature to cling to resolute black and white answers, regardless of their accuracy.

i think that life is about the last thing anyone would guess... something simple. that is, the point of life is to live.

MBTI
    ISTx

"when life is known to be pointless" <---- I don't think anyone can come to that resolution absolutely, and I think that is what keeps people going.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    "when life is known to be pointless" <---- I don't think anyone can come to that resolution absolutely, and I think that is what keeps people going.
    Unless they kill themselves (?).

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Unless they kill themselves (?).
    Hard to say what goes through a person's mind when they've decided to kill them self and what led to it. I would think life frustrations, feelings of hopelessness and clinical depression would be the biggest factors and they can still exist even if you don't think life is "pointless." I'm referring to pointless as meaning no God, no possibilities of things we don't understand that would be of significance to giving more meaning and explaining a purpose to human life.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Hard to say what goes through a person's mind when they've decided to kill them self and what led to it. I would think life frustrations, feelings of hopelessness and clinical depression would be the biggest factors and they can still exist even if you don't think life is "pointless." I'm referring to pointless as meaning no God, no possibilities of things we don't understand that would be of significance to giving more meaning and explaining a purpose to human life.
    Well, I was teasing you. I wrote on what I think of it in an earlier post.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Well, I was teasing you. I wrote on what I think of it in an earlier post.
    Teasing or not, it was a good refute. hah

MBTI
    Zzzz

Teasing or not, it was a good refute. hah
    Well, I agree, teasing or not, so your refute is pointless!