User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know, I guess a long time will have to pass to find out how our universe came to existence, as we can only explore a small part of it's inside. If we will ever know.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have a kinda split opinion on religion and science. I dont believe in the existance of a God and I dont believe in an afterlife aswell. I think Dante's inferno lacked the level where people have to go who hurted other people because they said they believe in the wrong God. I see the world in a fundamental mathematical way and when I look at clouds, I can either see faces or figures in them or I see the density of molecules advancing to create harmonious states and by that creating wind. And I see how colder air gets overfed with water molecules until steam saturation is reached and it starts to rain. I see the world for all it's marvells and mysteries and it's a neverending riddle and intresting adventure for me to find out how things are working and how the world's real face looks the one I cant see with only my eyes, but for which I need to see with the mind aswell.

Well this is that, the other thing is I believe in a lot of things. I believe in love, I believe in doing good, I am even convinced I'll never be rich cause I dont have the killer instinct in me to step over others rather than letting them go first. I live by religious standards a very religious life. Yet I dont want to be compared to those people, nor do I want to be part of the group dynamics religion presents; I think if you are in a group you are always in danger to become dumber than you are alone. Plus I am convinced I'ld be thrown out of the group.

So my conclusion is, I dont think you need to believe in God or an afterlife to be able to believe. I believe in the existance of belief and in the power of imagination. This the strongest power on Earth and there is no stronger power than to have faith. So I respect every faith there is on the world and that wont ever change.

But it leaves a very bad feeling in my stomach when I see the cruelties and lies many people spread in the name of religion, especially the lies about the real world are devastating and hard to swallow. The belief in an afterlife is the classical example of opium for the people to make them only do good and prevent them from killing themselves.

I hope that mankind will be one day wise enough to understand that for a successful society we need to do good and that we dont need a cause for it like 'otherwise you'll go to hell'.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post

Because we would get to measure if there is a considerable change in religious beliefs.
    But can't we safely say that there are considerable changes in religious beliefs, right now, at this very moment? Beliefs are perfectly malleable.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't understand what you mean. There is religious variety, but it's not random. Measuring would provide better insight. (treating religion as a social phenomenon)