• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientology

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
MBTI was not founded to separate people into 16 personality "subdivisions" and scold them for venturing outside of their narrow cul de sacs, but some fanatical adherents seem to live in that reality box. I didn't limit fanatical adherents to MBTI, I only said that some people are fanatical adherents to a certain cult-like derivative of MBTI. I wouldn't MBTI psychology any more than I'd call a measuring cup cooking.

The cat meows, the cow moos. the cat meows, the cow moos.

But the existence of such extremists is not the fault of or central to MBTI itself. So there's not enough justification to call MBTI a cult. Same deal for cults and America.

My original point is that comparing Scientology with MBTI, and then with America, as all being cultic, is unacceptable and innaccurate comparison.

LEGERdeMAIN

But the existence of such extremists is not the fault of or central to MBTI itself. So there's not enough justification to call MBTI a cult. Same deal for cults and America.

My original point is that comparing Scientology with MBTI, and then with America, as all being cultic, is unacceptable and innaccurate comparison.

I don't think anyone called MBTI a cult. Sociologists have attempted to divide spiritual organizations into groups: cult, denominations, etc. Scientology is considered by some to be a cult or a sect and, by others, to be a religion. Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and all of the apostate variations of these religions, were at one time considered cults or sects by older more established religions. I think that if some people were to research cult they may be surprised that most cults are not full of blood-thirsty vampire, baby-sacrificing brain washers. I would say, oversimplificatedly(just made it up, not necessarily incorrect), that most cults and religions have only the brainwashing part in common.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^Victor called MBTI an American cult. He then proceeded to label America as the land of cults as wealthy businesses.

I agree that the cult/religion issue is not that simple; however, I don't think brainwashing is a common element between cult and religion. It is more exclusive to cults.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just want to go on record here and say that if any of you said anything disparaging about Myers Briggs to me in person... I would throw acid in your face.

Mole

Permabanned
Welcome Home

We should make Australia a 51st state, so we can shake people using false prophets.

My father used to say Australia should become the 51st State, so I took it seriously until I looked at our respective histories.

And although we were both founded by the explosion of literacy, we were founded more than 200 years apart under very different ascendancies - yours the Royal and religious ascendancy, and us under the Aristocratic and Enlightenment ascendancy. And considering we are both New World, we have taken surprisingly different paths.

And although we were founded by the explosion of literacy on the opposite sites of the Earth, we are now being drawn together by the implosion of the electronic media such as the one we are using now.

The dynamite of literacy exploded us apart, about as far as we could be physically apart. And now the electronic internet is imploding us together. And from being as far apart as possible we are as close as our bedroom computer.

Literacy dispersed us to the four corners of the world, and the electronic internet returns us to our bedrooms.

So let me introduce you to my teddy bear. His name is Paddy O'Flaherty. He is a wise old bear. And as he looked up from his Facebook, "Oh", he said, "You've been off reading books, have you? And now you've come home with the internet? Welcome home".

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
I just want to go on record here and say that if any of you said anything disparaging about Myers Briggs to me in person... I would throw acid in your face.

Edgar: Friend of hippies, wrecker of faces.

LEGERdeMAIN

^Victor called MBTI an American cult. He then proceeded to label America as the land of cults as wealthy businesses.

I agree that the cult/religion issue is not that simple; however, I don't think brainwashing is a common element between cult and religion. It is more exclusive to cults.

well....how do victor's comments make you feel?

LEGERdeMAIN

My father used to say Australia should become the 51st State, so I took it seriously until I looked at our respective histories.

And although we were both founded by the explosion of literacy, we were founded more than 200 years apart under very different ascendancies - yours the Royal and religious ascendancy, and us under the Aristocratic and Enlightenment ascendancy. And considering we are both New World, we have taken surprisingly different paths.

And although we were founded by the explosion of literacy on the opposite sites of the Earth, we are now being drawn together by the implosion of the electronic media such as the one we are using now.

The dynamite of literacy exploded us apart, about as far as we could be physically apart. And now the electronic internet is imploding us together. And from being as far apart as possible we are as close as our bedroom computer.

Literacy dispersed us to the four corners of the world, and the electronic internet returns us to our bedrooms.

So let me introduce you to my teddy bear. His name is Paddy O'Flaherty. He is a wise old bear. And as he looked up from his Facebook, "Oh", he said, "You've been off reading books, have you? And now you've come home with the internet? Welcome home".

Your verbs are exploding in my ear.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
well....how do victor's comments make you feel?

I'm not sure whether you are serious about that question.

I didn't really have an emotional reaction to it, I just think it is clearly incorrect. It's bad comparison that may have led others astray.

Mole

Permabanned
I didn't really have an emotional reaction to it, I just think it is clearly incorrect. It's bad comparison that may have led others astray.

Do you think you are hiding your feelings under a concern for others?

After all it is socially acceptable to be concerned for others, but not so socially acceptable to hide your feelings.

And are your feelings so socially unacceptable that you need to hide them?

Or are you concerned others will be led astray, or are you trying to lead us astray by hiding your feelings?

Mole

Permabanned
You are fucking mentally ill. Quote me on that.

I'd like to quote you so could you be a little more specific with the type of mental illness I suffer from.

But I suspect you don't think I have a mental illness at all. Rather you just want to insult me personally.

But rather than joining the mob that are allowed to regularly insult me by the moderators, why don't you tell us how you feel.

Of course it would take a little courage to tell us how you feel. And telling us how you feel would require a little self respect.

And if you start to respect yourself, you might start to respect others.

Mole

Permabanned
As I write to you Scientology is being fought in the Australian Senate.

A bold Senator has accused Scientology of being a criminal organisation and has lodged information with the Australian Federal Police.

And there have been calls for a Royal Commission to investigate Scientology. But the Scientologists still keep on bringing their bogus E-meter out into Garema Place to seduce the vulnerable. Just as MBTI still keep on bringing out their bogus personality test to seduce the same vulnerable people.

The Germans are familiar with movements like Scientology and so tried to ban it. But America, the home of cults just like Scientology, forbade the Germans from protecting their own people.

So can we expect the Americans to heavy the Australians to protect the criminal profits of an American cult?

Certainly the Americans here regularly insult me personally in order to protect the American cult and business of MBTI.

But will they be prepared to take on the Australian Senate to protect the criminal profits of Scientology?

We notice the Americans are always telling us they are in favour of democracy, but not if it gets in the way of profits, criminal or otherwise.

But here we are watching democracy in action by our elected representatives in the Senate. How long before the Americans strike back?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate to compare Scientology with any other form of organized religions. It's a cult. Not a religion. Just because people have similar outlooks and reactions to Scientology as they do Christianity doesn't make each of their core teachings anything alike.