• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scientology

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
^^
Thanks for the post -- if you didn't already have so many posts, I'd have almost thought you were an anti-Scientologist 'spammer' (or just part of another cult sabotaging the competition)

I invite you, my child, to join the Cult of Me and schedule regular payments to my personal fund while bowing three times a day in the direction of my fleet of Rolls Royces.

You realized I don't have an agenda past expressing how I feel about this cult, and I appreciate your acceptance of my candor.

I'm amazed and delighted by what has happened and keeps happening with this anti-Scientology movement that started out as a lark by some 20-somethings who otherwise entertain themselves by making cat macros or poking fun at furries.

Case in point, a woman named Susan Lentsch who signed her daughter over to Sea Org, the elite Scientology organization that enlists members for a billion years to account for all reincarnations of their enlistees, has taken encouragement from the recent protests to speak out against Scientology at the next scheduled protest on March 15, 2008. She has seen her daughter, Kate, for only six days during the past 15 years. She says that Scientology members prevent Kate from leaving, even though her contract should allow her three weeks holiday annually. Sea Org officials monitor all of her infrequent telephone conversations with Kate. Ms. Lentsch was afraid to be open about her personal disassociation from Scientology for fear that Scientology officials would declare her a suppressive person and no longer give her even the briefest contact with her daughter.

Because of the current movement against Scientology, Ms. Lentsch will break her silence and publicly declare her complaints against the cult that has separated her from her daughter. I hope that she is one of the first of many, many more who will find the courage to stand up against such an insidious cult.

Here is the link to the enturbulation.org forum thread that discusses Ms. Lentsch and her fight. Enturbulation.org – View topic - Press release of Susan Lentsch about her daughter in Sea Org

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Scientology 'a criminal organisation': Nick Xenophon

I thought this was interesting. A lot of people have thought this, but I was yet to see someone in parliament here put the idea forward and try to provide evidence. Hopefully they get a proper government investigation into them and uncover any corruption in the organisation. They should've known that screwing with tax was a dangerous thing. Seems like there is a global movement against them appearing also.

p.s. I saw the anonymous thing last year too. I think they made a big impact in terms of awareness of this stuff.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
At first glance I honestly thought they were made up as a joke of sorts to mock religion while profitting from the legal loopholes.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Mayhap I'm being a bit literal here.. but this religion doesn't seem very scientific at all. I think the name should be changed a bit, it's misleading...

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
I had a friend work as a receptionist in one of their offices, she explained to me that (paraphrasing:) "They were rather cliquish, and consistently had disingenuous traits(something about be rather falsly pleasant face to face and gossipy behind ones back). She got bad vibes off a lot of them."

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The funny thing with Scientology is that they HATE psychologists -- and no wonder because psychology as a profession probably debunks the helll out of Scientology.

I don't think debunking bothers them as much as competition for clients posed by psychology. Scientology uses similar techniques to psychoanalysis, involving repressed memories, etc, only incorporates mysticism and church fees.

They also detest any sort of drugs, just like other mainstream religions, because if you take a pill that soothes your mental anguish, chances are you'll skip a confession/auditing/other emotionally healing ritual offered by the church.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
When you look closer into it, the more you see that Scientology is full of scumbags.

The term Fair Game is used to describe various aggressive policies and practices carried out by the Church of Scientology towards people and groups it perceives as its enemies. Founder L. Ron Hubbard developed the strategy in the 1950s and established the policy in 1965. Three years later, he canceled use of the term because of negative public relations it caused. The policy remained in effect and has been defended by the Church of Scientology as a core religious practice.

Fair Game (Scientology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They'll do harassment, hire private detectives to follow you, lawsuits, human rights abuse, extortion, fraud, involuntary servitude.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ I'm sure that in and of itself would be enough to deter me from even trying to read about it from an objective stance. Anyone who takes THAT much interest in others instead of focusing on the self is a no-go in my book.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm against organised religion in general, but there simply are no words in any known language to describe how much I am disgusted by Scientology[/S/ dickhead-church. So here's a truly scientifical way to describe how much it is: (((47,3*10^756)!)^2)*(1*unit of disgust).

They also detest any sort of drugs, just like other mainstream religions, because if you take a pill that soothes your mental anguish, chances are you'll skip a confession/auditing/other emotionally healing ritual offered by the church.

Let alone people who take Ayahuasca and discover god on their own! :huh:

Mole

Permabanned
Scientology is an American cult started by a science fiction writer. It is not unlike MBTI which is also an American cult based not on science but fiction.

It is important to remember that America is the land of cults run as wealthy businesses. And MBTI is as American as apple pie.

Indeed MBTI is an American cult run as a business. In America MBTI is a registered business trademark. And if you in anyway use their business trademark, they will take you to Court and seek monetary damages.

The reason this site is not called MBTI Central is because the MBTI business threatened to take us to Court and claim monetary damages.

MBTI is not a benign personality test it is a threatening business cult, not unlike Scientology.

Scientology, for instance, has its bogus E-meter while MBTI has its bogus personality test.

And the purpose of the E-meter and the personality test is to distract your mind and put you in a trance where you are susceptible to suggestion.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I can tell you from direct experience that MBTI is not as American as apple pie. Most Americans don't even know what MBTI is. Nor is it a cult. That America is the land of cults run as wealthy businesses is a rather dubious and unsubstantiated claim. And scientology is actually very unlike MBTI. And I really doubt MBTI is a threatening business cult, whatever the hell that is supposed to be.

Is this the objective view of America?

Mole

Permabanned
Mayhap I'm being a bit literal here.. but this religion doesn't seem very scientific at all. I think the name should be changed a bit, it's misleading...

The cult of Christian Science started by Mary Baker Eddy and the cult of Scientology started by a science fiction writer both use the word science in their name.

Science has vast and permanent status in our society so Mary and Ron borrowed the name of science to give their cult a bogus status.

And it worked.

America is the land of bogus wealthy cults. Everyone is entitled to their dream. But all these dreams ever boil down to is wealth.

And it is a wonderful system because wealth, they tell us, is proof of God's grace.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
^Surely you don't think that picture is a true and accurate representation of American society.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The US was founded as a place for the religious undesirables to flee to. Australia was founded as a place for the social undesirables to be stored.

So while we are praying to false prophets, you are shaking people.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
The US was founded as a place for the religious undesirables to flee to. Australia was founded as a place for the social undesirables to be stored.

So while we are praying to false prophets, you are shaking people.

We should make Australia a 51st state, so we can shake people using false prophets.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a great deal I'd like to say about Scientology, but I'm afraid I won't be able to, as they'd sue me for copyright infringement or something.

I'll say a little bit, anyway.

The thing that strikes me the most about Scientology is that while they're extremely capable propagandists over their own members, they don't have the slightest clue when it comes to public relations. They take interview after interview, and whenever they're asked an uncomfortable question, they either beat around the bush, which is a tacit admission that they're hiding something, or they outright lie. I don't understand it. Why can't they just say that they're not willing to answer the question? It's the difference between coming off as truthful and secure, and dishonest and afraid.

LEGERdeMAIN

Nor is it a cult. That America is the land of cults run as wealthy businesses is a rather dubious and unsubstantiated claim.

MBTI is somewhat cult/religion-like. There's the overzealous followers, the pop-psychology books, the dogma, etc. Anyone who questions the MBTI is treated like a 15th century heretic.

America is definitely A land of cults/new religions/fake religions and is the birthplace of "Mormonism", "Scientology", "Christian Science", "Jehovah's Witnesses", various pagan, occult, new age synthetic and neo-hermetic orders were founded and/or flourished here for the first half of the last two centuries, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ,etc lalkdfj;df;adf.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
MBTI is somewhat cult/religion-like. There's the overzealous followers, the pop-psychology books, the dogma, etc. Anyone who questions the MBTI is treated like a 15th century heretic.

America is definitely A land of cults/new religions/fake religions and is the birthplace of "Mormonism", "Scientology", "Christian Science", "Jehovah's Witnesses", various pagan, occult, new age synthetic and neo-hermetic orders were founded and/or flourished here for the first half of the last two centuries, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc ,etc lalkdfj;df;adf.

MBTI was not founded to be authoritarian and exploitive of people, nor is it. So while there may be fanatical adherents to MBTI psychology, there are also fanatics for just about anything else. Look at fans for local sports teams.

America was attractive to religious undesirables and was (and is) conducive to founding new religions because of its religious toleration. Moreover, all of those groups combined would still be a small minority of Americans. So any presence of cults and pagans or whatever is an effect of what America really is, not a priority or raison d'etre.

LEGERdeMAIN

MBTI was not founded to be authoritarian and exploitive of people, nor is it. So while there may be fanatical adherents to MBTI psychology, there are also fanatics for just about anything else. Look at fans for local sports teams.

MBTI was not founded to separate people into 16 personality "subdivisions" and scold them for venturing outside of their narrow cul de sacs, but some fanatical adherents seem to live in that reality box. I didn't limit fanatical adherents to MBTI, I only said that some people are fanatical adherents to a certain cult-like derivative of MBTI. I wouldn't MBTI psychology any more than I'd call a measuring cup cooking.

America was attractive to religious undesirables and was (and is) conducive to founding new religions because of its religious toleration. Moreover, all of those groups combined would still be a small minority of Americans. So any presence of cults and pagans or whatever is an effect of what America really is, not a priority or raison d'etre.

The cat meows, the cow moos. the cat meows, the cow moos.