Thread: Scientology

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Tell us about your anger.
    Yees... yeeees. You want this? Take it!

Power! UNLIMITED power!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Anyone involved/formerly involved? One of my closest friends is really getting into it (like, not drinking for "auditing," giving them small amounts of money for things). Most things online are propaganda one way or the other.

P.S. We need a one-word nickname for posters here, the way FreeRepublic has "freepers." "Meebers" doesn't sound good to me. "Typos?"
    I was reading Readers' Digest in the park.
    There was an ad in the magazine. By a certain Hubbard.

He had written a book about how to overcome shyness.
    I am sure Hubbard pocketed millions by his little book.

I have a minor objection to note. A little trifle.
    There is no way to overcome shyness.

Do not read Hubbard.
    Read Readers' Digest.
    But leave out the ads.

I've got a copy of the book. I got it and a shirt from some Scientologists one day when I was drunk. The shirt is great for parties .

Haven't read the book yet though...
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Yees... yeeees. You want this? Take it!

Power! UNLIMITED power!
    Yes, anger is interesting. Normally if you express your anger in a safe setting to someone who can empathise with you, that is to listen to your anger without becoming angry themselves, it can lead you to a calm spot where you can start to understand your anger.

So anger, like any emotion, can be self limiting. However I have known two people for whom their anger was not self limiting. And their anger was unlimited and relentless. And I felt in the face of their anger, sadness.

In the larger sphere, liberal democracy is devoted to the limitation of power. And so, I would say, the limitation of anger is a project of liberal democracy.

Today we can see what happens with unlimited anger and unlimited power in a theocracy in Iran where the people are being tortured, raped and killed for simply wanting to limit the power of the theocrats by democratic means.

And these same theocrats are building nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them to express their unlimited anger against the liberal democratic world.

And very soon we are going to have to decide what to do about this.

And perhaps we can make a start on the personal level by deciding what to do about our own unlimited anger.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I was reading Readers' Digest in the park.
    There was an ad in the magazine. By a certain Hubbard.

He had written a book about how to overcome shyness.
    I am sure Hubbard pocketed millions by his little book.

I have a minor objection to note. A little trifle.
    There is no way to overcome shyness.

Do not read Hubbard.
    Read Readers' Digest.
    But leave out the ads.
    Yes, I am rather shy myself and think there is a lot to be said for shyness.

I think shyness is a way of protecting what is beautiful in oneself.

One shies away from the ugly and the vulgar and makes room for the beautiful.

Unfortunately many of us are surrounded by ugly architecture, ugly music and ugly manners so we start to think it is normal and cool to be ugly.

So perhaps it is time to get back to the true and the beautiful.

After all, the poets tell us truth is beauty and beauty is truth. And even the mathematicians tell us they look for beautiful equations.

And if the poets and the mathematicians agree, perhaps they are on the right track.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, I am rather shy myself and think there is a lot to be said for shyness.

I think shyness is a way of protecting what is beautiful in oneself.

One shies away from the ugly and the vulgar and makes room for the beautiful.

Unfortunately many of us are surrounded by ugly architecture, ugly music and ugly manners so we start to think it is normal and cool to be ugly.

So perhaps it is time to get back to the true and the beautiful.

After all, the poets tell us truth is beauty and beauty is truth. And even the mathematicians tell us they look for beautiful equations.

And if the poets and the mathematicians agree, perhaps they are on the right track.
    Fi!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Do you think you are hiding your feelings under a concern for others?

After all it is socially acceptable to be concerned for others, but not so socially acceptable to hide your feelings.

And are your feelings so socially unacceptable that you need to hide them?

Or are you concerned others will be led astray, or are you trying to lead us astray by hiding your feelings?
    No Victor. It's not about me, it's about the blatantly false posts that you contributed. I have to say that I don't appreciate the false accusations of dishonesty against me personally now. You have taken this down from a rational discussion, and only defend your ill-conceived arguments with ad hominem attacks.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli