User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Scientology

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ^^
    Thanks for the post -- if you didn't already have so many posts, I'd have almost thought you were an anti-Scientologist 'spammer' (or just part of another cult sabotaging the competition)
    I invite you, my child, to join the Cult of Me and schedule regular payments to my personal fund while bowing three times a day in the direction of my fleet of Rolls Royces.

You realized I don't have an agenda past expressing how I feel about this cult, and I appreciate your acceptance of my candor.

I'm amazed and delighted by what has happened and keeps happening with this anti-Scientology movement that started out as a lark by some 20-somethings who otherwise entertain themselves by making cat macros or poking fun at furries.

Case in point, a woman named Susan Lentsch who signed her daughter over to Sea Org, the elite Scientology organization that enlists members for a billion years to account for all reincarnations of their enlistees, has taken encouragement from the recent protests to speak out against Scientology at the next scheduled protest on March 15, 2008. She has seen her daughter, Kate, for only six days during the past 15 years. She says that Scientology members prevent Kate from leaving, even though her contract should allow her three weeks holiday annually. Sea Org officials monitor all of her infrequent telephone conversations with Kate. Ms. Lentsch was afraid to be open about her personal disassociation from Scientology for fear that Scientology officials would declare her a suppressive person and no longer give her even the briefest contact with her daughter.

Because of the current movement against Scientology, Ms. Lentsch will break her silence and publicly declare her complaints against the cult that has separated her from her daughter. I hope that she is one of the first of many, many more who will find the courage to stand up against such an insidious cult.

Here is the link to the enturbulation.org forum thread that discusses Ms. Lentsch and her fight. Enturbulation.org – View topic - Press release of Susan Lentsch about her daughter in Sea Org

Scientology 'a criminal organisation': Nick Xenophon

I thought this was interesting. A lot of people have thought this, but I was yet to see someone in parliament here put the idea forward and try to provide evidence. Hopefully they get a proper government investigation into them and uncover any corruption in the organisation. They should've known that screwing with tax was a dangerous thing. Seems like there is a global movement against them appearing also.

p.s. I saw the anonymous thing last year too. I think they made a big impact in terms of awareness of this stuff.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTx

At first glance I honestly thought they were made up as a joke of sorts to mock religion while profitting from the legal loopholes.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Mayhap I'm being a bit literal here.. but this religion doesn't seem very scientific at all. I think the name should be changed a bit, it's misleading...
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

I had a friend work as a receptionist in one of their offices, she explained to me that (paraphrasing:) "They were rather cliquish, and consistently had disingenuous traits(something about be rather falsly pleasant face to face and gossipy behind ones back). She got bad vibes off a lot of them."
    Everyone is a case study.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The funny thing with Scientology is that they HATE psychologists -- and no wonder because psychology as a profession probably debunks the helll out of Scientology.
    I don't think debunking bothers them as much as competition for clients posed by psychology. Scientology uses similar techniques to psychoanalysis, involving repressed memories, etc, only incorporates mysticism and church fees.

They also detest any sort of drugs, just like other mainstream religions, because if you take a pill that soothes your mental anguish, chances are you'll skip a confession/auditing/other emotionally healing ritual offered by the church.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

When you look closer into it, the more you see that Scientology is full of scumbags.

The term Fair Game is used to describe various aggressive policies and practices carried out by the Church of Scientology towards people and groups it perceives as its enemies. Founder L. Ron Hubbard developed the strategy in the 1950s and established the policy in 1965. Three years later, he canceled use of the term because of negative public relations it caused. The policy remained in effect and has been defended by the Church of Scientology as a core religious practice.
    Fair Game (Scientology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They'll do harassment, hire private detectives to follow you, lawsuits, human rights abuse, extortion, fraud, involuntary servitude.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I'm sure that in and of itself would be enough to deter me from even trying to read about it from an objective stance. Anyone who takes THAT much interest in others instead of focusing on the self is a no-go in my book.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    SEXY

I'm against organised religion in general, but there simply are no words in any known language to describe how much I am disgusted by [S]Scientology[/S/ dickhead-church. So here's a truly scientifical way to describe how much it is: (((47,3*10^756)!)^2)*(1*unit of disgust).

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    They also detest any sort of drugs, just like other mainstream religions, because if you take a pill that soothes your mental anguish, chances are you'll skip a confession/auditing/other emotionally healing ritual offered by the church.
    Let alone people who take Ayahuasca and discover god on their own!
    (removed)