• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Practicing spirituality or philosophy?

Lark

How do you practice your particular spirituality or philosophy or are they just talking points? Is it obvious to all or private and personal to you? Do you believe it would be a good thing if others practiced likewise? Why?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I practice my spirituality primarily in the following ways (not in any particular order):

1. prayer and meditation (though not as often as I would like)
2. meeting with similarly inclined friends for group prayer and reflection
3. reading about spritual matters, relating to my own faith and to others
4. implementing important spiritual themes in my life; for instance, respect and care for the earth is important in my spiritual path, so I make it a point to reuse and recycle, compost food and yard waste, conserve energy, avoid using disposable items or plastic store bags, etc.

The details and depth are apparent only to those close to me, including my spiritual circle. Some things are obvious to all, though, as when I show up at the grocery store with canvas bags for my purchases.

I would consider it good for everyone to follow some spiritual or philosophical practice, though not necessarily my own. There are many paths up the mountain. I do wish more people would take some of the environmental measures I listed in (4) above, though, out of whatever motivation. We have just one earth (so far), and need to share and preserve it.

KDude

It's personal. I have a lot of thoughts, but for some reason, I can't sustain a serious discussion on spirituality. Kind of like Yoda. I can't help from annoying Luke.

Lark

The details and depth are apparent only to those close to me, including my spiritual circle. Some things are obvious to all, though, as when I show up at the grocery store with canvas bags for my purchases.

I would consider it good for everyone to follow some spiritual or philosophical practice, though not necessarily my own. There are many paths up the mountain. I do wish more people would take some of the environmental measures I listed in (4) above, though, out of whatever motivation. We have just one earth (so far), and need to share and preserve it.

I like these two points, I think perhaps I feel the same way. I think everyone has to breath after their own fashion and cant or shouldnt be compelled, its impossible, even if it where desirable (and I dont think it is) for all believers to be unified in a single mind, body and spirit.

I dont meditate but I've got a couple of books on my TBR about it, I read a lot about spirituality and it makes me think, in some ways this is part of my practice and I try to learn too, from books and people about how they practice too. I try to let my spirituality influence all my actions and consciously or deliberately integrate it but I admit to falling short, its an imperfect world and I'm probably at best reflective of that too. I'd like people to be more conscientious too, of others and the planet.