User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What do you mean by the internet? Would you say TV has had its day? Or radio? Its not the same as an orthodoxy, like I say, each age or generation has a trip rejecting orthodoxy, I'll bet that science's day will come.
    I just don't see how science's day will come. The medical field will always demand it.... transportation will always demand science to improve... manufacturing.... ergonomics.... alternative energy... food... entertainment...space travel...

Since when have humans ever stopped demanding new technologies? That will be the day science dies.... e.g. never.

Ohhh, maybe ur talking about those hippie anti-technology back-to-the-earth off-the-grid movements. That's come and passed. Science and tech won.

For myself, I dont know, I've not particularly noticed your posts and I'm surprised at the interest you've taken in me and mine.
    I'm a mod, and you get complaints. So I notice it.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You resorted to playing the mod card to win this discussion? I'm astonished!

...well, actually, I'm not...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

Doesn't make me win the convo. Just explains how I get to reading lark.... thru the Reported Posts section, lol.

I still don't like people picking on Lark tho, unless I'm doing it, because at least he has some intellectual firepower and is interested in politics when there are so few true politcos on this site. I know it's not a politics forum, but still.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think we all need to get back to the topic of this thread... which is not Lark.

Thanks mucho.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I still don't like people picking on Lark tho, unless I'm doing it.
    Oh, please.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

He made a reference but gave no details. This doesn't violate any site rules.

So, what's your take on women and possibly men using a hair of the dog methodology to offset body image issues, potentially body dysmorph?

I just don't see how science's day will come. The medical field will always demand it.... transportation will always demand science to improve... manufacturing.... ergonomics.... alternative energy... food... entertainment...space travel...

Since when have humans ever stopped demanding new technologies? That will be the day science dies.... e.g. never.

Ohhh, maybe ur talking about those hippie anti-technology back-to-the-earth off-the-grid movements. That's come and passed. Science and tech won.
    I think you're confusing and conflating technology and science, you reckon there wasnt any technology before the enlightenment or science took up its present predominance, how you figure the pyramids got built? Stone henge? Wait, was it magic? You know the way that was way back in the Dark Ages.

You got the Lark Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post

So, what's your take on women and possibly men using a hair of the dog methodology to offset body image issues, potentially body dysmorph?
    Bets its not "It were tha church wot did it"

MBTI
    INTP

I think you're confusing and conflating technology and science, you reckon there wasnt any technology before the enlightenment or science took up its present predominance, how you figure the pyramids got built? Stone henge? Wait, was it magic? You know the way that was way back in the Dark Ages.
    It's hard to separate tech from science, and both have been around since humanity, we just formalized the scientific method more recently. I don't know where you get the idea that I think tech and scientific application hasn't always been here. Back when the wheel was invented, that was a scientific application; there was experimentation, logic was implemented, and it was applied. The pyramids, same deal. Stone hedge, same deal.

Why would I reckon there wasn't tech before the Enlightenment? Science, even before it became a more formalized systematic study, and tech has been around forever.... even back with apes figuring out how to use tools for food collecting.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    No, it doesn't break any rules. I just thought it was a cheap shot.