• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who are you?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you compressed my 4 dimesional form into a 3 dimensional space for visualization purposes, I'm a X year long extruded star shaped flesh worm creature. What's interesting and gross is that branch out of other fleshworm things, and then I have several branching out of me.. and we all kinda wriggle around and get wet and stuff.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some days I'm Savage Idealist, an odd-ish guy who possibly dreams to big. Some days I'm a young man with an uncertain future who is still growing. Some days I don't even know. My identity, so integral to me it is, yet I feel as though I have not grapsed it by the throat yet, I have not reached the level where I can craft who I will to be. No, I am still a slave to my instincts now, such existential pain they bring. I dull the pain with the opiate of romanticism and fantasy, for here, can I be the individual that I desire. But this is only temporary I swear, for I shall grow from this slothful idealism to implementing my ideas in the real world, or so I wish. My goals of imroving the world, and leaving my mark, I wonder will they ever come? Will I one day see my dreams manifest into reality, or burden with the regret of never taking those steps to greatness?

Noon

Impossible to truly know.
The simplest answer is probably a bundle of general traits, many derived from all of the experiences leading up to now (as experiences change, so too might these traits).
But I'm certainly not my body. Maybe perception = identity?

Mole

Permabanned
The questions is deliberately vague. Just answer however you see fit. :yes:

My worldly identity is Australian which means I am defined by a polity. And this polity is liberal democratic based on the limitation of power.

Whereas my psyche is identified by high excitability. My liveliness is lovely when I give it free rein, but constricting when I limit myself to the less lively.

So who am I? I am a lively Australian.

P

Phantonym

Who are you?

Who wants to know? :thelook:

To answer it, I have no idea and I expect it to continue to be like that for ever. Every single thing discovered reveals a whole bunch of other things and then some other things, so yeah, that's the way it is. :shrug:

Lark

I cant really think of a way of answering this which wouldnt simply be a repeat of my post in the introduction thread. Although I'm more preoccupied with spirituality and philosophy than politics these days, I've begun to give up on the world.

Less sure than ever as to what I want to do with the time which remains to me, dont really remember when the last time was I did something for the first time. This may sound despondent or despairing but its more a case of feeling comfortable or contented, I dont know if a more expansive or interesting life would be better.

Mole

Permabanned
ID

"Who are you?", goes to the question of our identity.

And our identity is our heritage. We inherit our identity from our family, our religion, our social class, our psycho-class, our education, our country and our civilization.

For those of us who have inherited a prosperous, Western civilization, the question of identity is, which psycho-class have we inherited?

And psycho-class is determined by child rearing practices, of which there are four. The sacrificial mode, the abusive mode, the authoritarian mode and the helping mode.

As I write, our civilization is transitioning from the authoritarian mode of child rearing to the helping mode of child rearing.

So for most of us here the answer to the question, "Who am I", lies in our inheritance of the remains of the authoritarian mode of child rearing and the birth of the helping mode of child rearing.

So we might answer, "Who am I", by saying we are moving from conformity and obedience to empathy and creativity.

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
To know that we'd need to dance, to interact, to walk, you'd need to see me in action over time. Even if only in text.

converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-who-logo.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Universe.

"The molecules of your body are the same molecules that make this station and the nebula outside, that burn inside the stars themselves. We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out. And, as we have both learned, sometimes the Universe needs a change of perspective."
A Distant Star -Delenn (babylon 5)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am exquisite, ubiquitous, and fleeting like all of you.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm a proud Minnesotan. I'm an introvert. I love dogs. Daffodils are my favorite flowers. I am no longer sure if God exists. I lived in France for a semester. I drink whiskey straight. My hair is long. I'm a Rennie. I am allergic to caramel. My heritage is Irish and German. I hate being cold but usually am. I need a lot of sleep. I speak French. I love coffee. I am married. Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book. My family and I are close. I am in touch with my inner cowgirl. Blue is my favorite color. I like Star Trek, but not the original series. I am afraid of disease. I have been to Russia. Kindness is important to me. I like ships.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm a proud Minnesotan. I'm an introvert. I love dogs. Daffodils are my favorite flowers. I am no longer sure if God exists. I lived in France for a semester. I drink whiskey straight. My hair is long. I'm a Rennie. I am allergic to caramel. My heritage is Irish and German. I hate being cold but usually am. I need a lot of sleep. I speak French. I love coffee. I am married. Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book. My family and I are close. I am in touch with my inner cowgirl. Blue is my favorite color. I like Star Trek, but not the original series. I am afraid of disease. I have been to Russia. Kindness is important to me. I like ships.
Wow! What an introvert. A Minnesotan who dogs love but is a little unsure of God. A real Minnesotan who drinks her whiskey straight and Catcher in the Rye is her favourite book. And how nice you are in touch with your inner cowgirl and how exotic, while blue and daffodils are your favourites. I wonder what a Rennie is while it is reassuring that kindness is important to you. And as well you like ships.

T

ThatGirl

I am the essence of all love manifested. The ultimate emotionally nurturing sanctuary for all things cognitive. With my feeler love tentacles adhering to every sensitive portion of your mind. Holding it like a baby, and sheltering it, until, it is ready to grow and love!

I am Venus!

...What? It could happen.

Haters.