User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Who are you?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If you compressed my 4 dimesional form into a 3 dimensional space for visualization purposes, I'm a X year long extruded star shaped flesh worm creature. What's interesting and gross is that branch out of other fleshworm things, and then I have several branching out of me.. and we all kinda wriggle around and get wet and stuff.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Some days I'm Savage Idealist, an odd-ish guy who possibly dreams to big. Some days I'm a young man with an uncertain future who is still growing. Some days I don't even know. My identity, so integral to me it is, yet I feel as though I have not grapsed it by the throat yet, I have not reached the level where I can craft who I will to be. No, I am still a slave to my instincts now, such existential pain they bring. I dull the pain with the opiate of romanticism and fantasy, for here, can I be the individual that I desire. But this is only temporary I swear, for I shall grow from this slothful idealism to implementing my ideas in the real world, or so I wish. My goals of imroving the world, and leaving my mark, I wonder will they ever come? Will I one day see my dreams manifest into reality, or burden with the regret of never taking those steps to greatness?

Impossible to truly know.
    The simplest answer is probably a bundle of general traits, many derived from all of the experiences leading up to now (as experiences change, so too might these traits).
    But I'm certainly not my body. Maybe perception = identity?

MBTI
    INTP

If only you knew everything, you wouldn't even have to ask

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    The questions is deliberately vague. Just answer however you see fit.
    My worldly identity is Australian which means I am defined by a polity. And this polity is liberal democratic based on the limitation of power.

Whereas my psyche is identified by high excitability. My liveliness is lovely when I give it free rein, but constricting when I limit myself to the less lively.

So who am I? I am a lively Australian.

ThatGirl

I'm Rick James......bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I'm Rick James......bitch!
    I really should have just went there instead of copping ICE-T.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Who are you?
    Who wants to know?

To answer it, I have no idea and I expect it to continue to be like that for ever. Every single thing discovered reveals a whole bunch of other things and then some other things, so yeah, that's the way it is.

I cant really think of a way of answering this which wouldnt simply be a repeat of my post in the introduction thread. Although I'm more preoccupied with spirituality and philosophy than politics these days, I've begun to give up on the world.

Less sure than ever as to what I want to do with the time which remains to me, dont really remember when the last time was I did something for the first time. This may sound despondent or despairing but its more a case of feeling comfortable or contented, I dont know if a more expansive or interesting life would be better.

Smile ID

"Who are you?", goes to the question of our identity.

And our identity is our heritage. We inherit our identity from our family, our religion, our social class, our psycho-class, our education, our country and our civilization.

For those of us who have inherited a prosperous, Western civilization, the question of identity is, which psycho-class have we inherited?

And psycho-class is determined by child rearing practices, of which there are four. The sacrificial mode, the abusive mode, the authoritarian mode and the helping mode.

As I write, our civilization is transitioning from the authoritarian mode of child rearing to the helping mode of child rearing.

So for most of us here the answer to the question, "Who am I", lies in our inheritance of the remains of the authoritarian mode of child rearing and the birth of the helping mode of child rearing.

So we might answer, "Who am I", by saying we are moving from conformity and obedience to empathy and creativity.
    Last edited by Mole; 02-16-2011 at 08:50 PM.