User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would YOU kill the baby?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd kill it/get someone else to kill it

32 48.48%
  • I would not kill it and risk the possibility of being heard

34 51.52%
First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I really don't know what I'd do. I'd try to suppress the baby's crying as much as I could. If that didn't work, I'd try to temporarily move away from the baby and pray that I didn't get caught and that I'd be able to reunite with the baby. I don't think I'd have the heart to kill it.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

There is no rational answer to this question.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

sorry, but my will to survive is greater than my love of babies (which isn't all that great in the first place)... if it's down to everyone or the baby, the baby is dying... it'd die if the Nazis discovered it anyways, so the kid is doomed
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Yes, I will kill the baby, but only because Nazi-occupied France is no place for children.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I'd kill the baby. Seeing as I have a disability, if the Nazis found me, I'd go straight to my death.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    You are a Jewish person inside Nazi occupied France. You are hiding under the floorboards with many others Jewish people, when evil Nazis come in to search houses near by. As you are there, a baby with the jewish hiders starts to cry.

This baby cannot stop crying, and you know if it continues to cry, you, and everyone under the floor, could possibly be discovered by the nazis and killed. You don't have time to find out if they're going to skip your house or not, and even then, there is still the possibility of them hearing it.

Do you kill the baby?
    Is it an ugly baby?
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP

I am hiding with many other Jewish people. Surely someone else will deal with my problem for me. I'm not the killing type anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Depends how I feel about the baby. Not all babies grow up to be perfect. Otherwise, I don't think I'd have brought myself to be hiding from the invaders in the first place - I'd want to fight the nazi's instead.
    Oh yea... you were selling baked goods a month ago, and now you're gonna take on an armed force that conqured lands from Sahara desert to Moscow. That's hardcore. They should make a movie about you.

When the Soviets invaded the Germans in their towns, the Germans met them with heavy resistance, so I don't see why jews should *necessarily* be running from the Nazi's, in the same context.
    You mean the indoctrinated child soldiers from Hitler Jugend and such?
    Yeah, Jews definately didn't have those.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTj

An acquaintance of mine told a story of a situation like this when she was a child. The Japanese soldiers would have hacked everyone to death if they were discovered. The mother had no choice but to pass her baby over to one of the village elders who did whatever was necessary.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't hide somewhere with a baby in the first place. Talk about liability. That motherfucker is getting tossed out the window before the Nazi's even make it there.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~