User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would YOU kill the baby?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd kill it/get someone else to kill it

32 48.48%
  • I would not kill it and risk the possibility of being heard

34 51.52%
First 1422232425 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

perform head lock until baby taps out and agrees to not cry anymore

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Not enough info

Excuse me, but there is not enough information present in the initial question. What are the environmental factors? I.E. are there mattresses underneath the floorboards or walls? How many people are in the room? (their bodies could be used as a muffling solution). What kind of time frame are we looking at?

OI!!! Your question is incomplete.
    Jedi Code (revised by Moi)

With emotion one must search for peace.
    With the understanding of ignorance one must search for knowledge.
    In passion one must seek serenity.
    In chaos, one must search for harmony.
    In death one may become one with The Force.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by JediVulcanisim View Post
    Excuse me, but there is not enough information present in the initial question. What are the environmental factors? I.E. are there mattresses underneath the floorboards or walls? How many people are in the room? (their bodies could be used as a muffling solution). What kind of time frame are we looking at?

OI!!! Your question is incomplete.
    ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!!

Imagine w.e the fuu you want. I said no muffling of the baby--Risk is present. Its either ALL or nothing. Kill the baby, or let it live(muffle it, and you're still at risk). Ensure utter safety, or Don't. .

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I would not even consider killing the baby.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Vie View Post
    I would not even consider killing the baby.
    You'd be one of the escapees, that I would ask to kindly get water for the injured, then we'd leave you behind as soon as you left.

The weak must perish!!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Hahaha. It's more of...

So, you supposedly have this innocent baby who is making sounds. This may or may not be heard by Nazis, and then the group as a whole may or may not be captured because of the noises the baby makes. The baby can't help making the noise and although I can foresee that the baby will probably die anyways if captured by the Nazis, it isn't really just to kill an innocent on the mere probability of being captured. It's kind of like a gamble.

And then I figure even if the baby doesn't make a noise, or the Nazis don't come that way then, at some point (given the course of the war), our group will be forced to flee or be captured at some point anyways. Weak in some people's eyes, but definitely the only right decision.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Hahaha. It's more of...

So, you supposedly have this innocent baby who is making sounds. This may or may not be heard by Nazis, and then the group as a whole may or may not be captured because of the noises the baby makes.
    Well, the likelihood of being discovered and/or how well the boards cover noise is important. If they are say, normal floorboards with spaces between them and lacking in soundproofing, if there are Nazis treading on those boards the chance they find you and kill you, the baby, the others who are hiding and those who are hiding you in a pretty slow, horrific, concentration campy way is about 100%.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Well, the likelihood of being discovered and/or how well the boards cover noise is important. If they are say, normal floorboards with spaces between them and lacking in soundproofing, if there are Nazis treading on those boards the chance they find you and kill you, the baby, the others who are hiding and those who are hiding you in a pretty slow, horrific, concentration campy way is about 100%.
    Even with this, I still couldn't kill a baby. I suppose my need to survive is outweighed by the maternal instinct in me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Even with this, I still couldn't kill a baby. I suppose my need to survive is outweighed by the maternal instinct in me.
    I wouldn't dare call that a fault.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    You are a Jewish person inside Nazi occupied France. You are hiding under the floorboards with many others Jewish people, when evil Nazis come in to search houses near by. As you are there, a baby with the jewish hiders starts to cry.

This baby cannot stop crying, and you know if it continues to cry, you, and everyone under the floor, could possibly be discovered by the nazis and killed. You don't have time to find out if they're going to skip your house or not, and even then, there is still the possibility of them hearing it.

Do you kill the baby?

NO CHEATING

No "muffling his cries, getting it drunk, etc"

You either kill it, or you don't and risk the possibility of getting everyone else killed.
    Is it against the rules if I use the pulpy little shit as a bullet shield? That way, the Nazis kill it, I survive, and I get to blame them during the Nuremberg Trials. Now that's a Win/Win/Win for me.