User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I mostly like Nanny Jo except I'm not 100% behind the "Naughty Corner" thing. I'm hesitant to use humiliation as discipline.

Of course, I am right now having a lot of trouble with potty training my son and it's tempting. But I fear the long-term consequences.
    You could always put a toilet in the corner and kill 2 birds with one poop.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's so crazy it just might work...
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

edahn you gotta watch this:

YouTube - Tsst! part 1Tsst!

YouTube - Tsst!

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    edahn you gotta watch this:

YouTube - Tsst! part 1Tsst!

YouTube - Tsst!
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

I don't even like South Park but that spoof was spot-on and hilarious. And Cartman so very much deserves to get checked.

It's especially funny as someone who's watched the show and moreover live with a Dog Whisperer devotee and tell me the exact same tips about walking, eating first, etc. My brother even does the 'nipping'' thing to his dog which sometimes I feel bad about...except when I do it.

But mostly I carry the puppy around and squeeze him and hug him and tell him "I love you XXXX! You are my babbbbbyyyy!" in two different languages and basically annoy the holy hell out of him. Then when I put him down and he runs away from me and back to my brother, I call him an ungrateful little bastard. Until I pick him up again and repeat the process.

Edit: Edahn, when I first read the title to your thread, I thought you were asking about the Zen Master Cleanse. I was like wow, someone else on the boards is doing a hippie fast! And it seemed like it could a bit out of character for you, but then, you've been talking about self-improvement lately and live in SoCal.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 03-05-2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Just FYI
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    I

Yeah, at first I used to think this show was stupid, but then I started watching it, and found it fairly interesting. He's definitely good at what he does. What type is he, do you think?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Take what he does with a grain of salt. Cesar is not regarded favorably in the animal behaviorist world. I believe wiki has some articles on it. Yes, he does get results. But he also gets bitten fairly often and is rather limited in his treatments. The danger is that people with less experience than himself will use the same techniques which are not exactly safe, especially with really dominant dogs. Don't get me wrong, I am at awe at what he can do as well, but do take a moment to read the other views that exist on this.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

ISFP
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    is he the guy from that south park episode?

lol
    Yes! The best.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I mostly like Nanny Jo except I'm not 100% behind the "Naughty Corner" thing. I'm hesitant to use humiliation as discipline.

Of course, I am right now having a lot of trouble with potty training my son and it's tempting. But I fear the long-term consequences.
    i think that naughty corner thing is stupid and i most certainly wouldn't use it for potty training. i let each of our kids potty train in their own time which i'm sure a lot of experts would disagree with but some kids are slower with getting the hang of it which I think is ok.

something that worked for a neighbor of mine was she gave her kids a treat when they used the potty, flushed and washed their hands. m&m's, smarties, any little treat and it worked. I personally didn't like the idea of rewarding my children for doing something they're supposed to do or the idea of candy but maybe something healthier would work? I mean you do realize that he'll be potty trained by the time he goes to college right?

As for Caesar, yes he's pretty good but he can be too harsh at times. he'd also disapprove of the way we spoil and love our shih tzu and I would totally tell him to suck it becuase she is such a sweet lovable cuddly fluff that brings so much happiness to our family. You definitely need to let your dog know who's boss and the tss thing totally works but we let our dog sleep at the foot of the bed which i know he'd freak over. my thing is as long as she knows her place and respects us it's ok. there's another dog chick on animal planet that's the total opposite and her thing seems to be rehabilitating the owners which i think is wacko. if the two of them could be molded into one, that would be ideal.
    Time is a delicate mistress.