User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post

If I were a psychiatrist, I would be wondering whether you were then afflicted with a disorder of some sort.
    Why? Her motivation was compassion, not sadism. And it was quite reasonable for a 15 year old to presume that drowning was gentler than bashing it's brains out.

Don't you think your characterization was VERY harsh?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    And I dont think your INTP or at least you're the least perceptive perceptor that's ever come to my attention.
    INTP's are not known to be the most perceptive in the area you are touching upon.

Otherwise you'd realised that your initial post was needlessly rude and abrasive, you dont get out of a hole by digging it deeper.
    It was honest. I was never "in a hole" in the first place.

This is part of the reason I dont bother with this forum anymore, that and being told over and over that I'm a bigot. Lots of aptitude for discussion around here.
    Cool.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

INTP's are not known to be the most perceptive in the area you are touching upon.

It was honest. I was never "in a hole" in the first place.

Cool.
    You're first point is in direct contradiction to your second, I reckon perhaps you should be consulting a psychiatrist.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't have "bad days"; clearly, I am not subject to the same vicissitudes of emotion to which you are vulnerable. Again: what were you rambling on about? You would do well to address my previous post, rather than (fallaciously) question my emotional states.

Incidentally, you're not an INTJ.
    Usehername practices her interwebz forum participant radar:

I will bet The TypeC Internet Community $10 that this quoted dude lives in his parent's basement, has never had a serious girlfriend, and either works part time for spending money now that he's too old for an allowance, or he doesn't have a job because no one appreciates his genius.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Usehername practices her interwebz forum participant radar:

I will bet The TypeC Internet Community $10 that this quoted dude lives in his parent's basement, has never had a serious girlfriend, and either works part time for spending money now that he's too old for an allowance, or he doesn't have a job because no one appreciates his genius.
    It is regrettable that you wish to personally insult me rather than address any point I have made; this, then, is an instance of argumentum ad hominem. Such a jejune approach to discussion only further suggests to me that you have been typed incorrectly, and, moreover, are emotionally invested in our exchange. I fail to see why such apparent dislike and unpleasantness should arise out of anything I have said. As far as your insult goes, it isn't especially original: you could have at least avoided stereotyping.

However, whilst unnecessary, I will answer your accusations directly: my parents do not own homes which have a basement; I have never had, and nor do I intend to have, a serious romantic relationship with a member of either gender (it is intriguing that you appear to believe that not participating in romantic relationships is something worthy of derision); and I do not work, due to the lack of employment opportunities in the area surrounding the university I attend, the intensity of the course at that university in which I am enrolled and my enthusiasm for succeeding in that course.

MBTI
    INTP

You're first point is in direct contradiction to your second, I reckon perhaps you should be consulting a psychiatrist.
    The two propositions to which you refer are not inconsistent with one another in the slightest. Your nonchalant attitude to psychological illness is noted. Since you seem rather angry, our exchange within this thread terminates here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

10. I'd kick people off, including myself and take turns hanging on to the side of the boat kicking in hopes of moving the boat faster towards safety. In doing such, I would also rotate those who were swiming along side the boat and those in the boat. Rotating is fair, in my opinion. Equal chance of dying for everyone.

9. If she was of stable mind and truly was terminal, then I would drug her enough to let her pass. This would of course be if it was the only option available to 'help' her.

8. Even as an African child, I feel as though I would know better than to listen to a dream that came to me after literally slaving away hours of my life in horrible conditions. I'd wake up the next morning, curse my life, and make another fucking rug cause I have no choice.

7. Save my son. Oddly enough, I didn't even have to think about that one.

6. I'd probably give all of the money back. Or if I truly was on the brink of death as my family, I'd take a bit of the money but give most of the money back. I'd tell them that in falling off the truck, some of the money floated away. They shouldn't complain, being as they get their sack of money back those careless idiots.

5. Separate rooms. Though I would find it strange that a fourteen year old boy wouldn't want the pink taco, personally. I'd let my husband deal with him.

4. Whoever has the most to live for takes it. This means children, family, job, etc.

3. Convict. Get the child back. Convict kidnappers, and release 'robber'. If convicting the kidnappers is out, then I'd move the 'robber' to witness protection as to disappear him, so the kidnappers still believe he is locked up. And that 'robber' better be okay with that and grateful, and the kidnappers better be dumb. At least in a perfect world, hahaha.

2. Leave my uncle.

1. Nudge that dude out of my way, he better get going pretty damn fast, but I'd slow down. A bit.

Sophie's Choice --- Send the child who is the most unlikely to survive anyways.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

This is quite depraved. Drowning, by all accounts, is an incredibly painful experience, and it chills me to imagine the episode; it would have been much more humane to have killed it with the rock. Better still, you could have contacted, or had someone else contact for you, a vet.

If I were a psychiatrist, I would be wondering whether you were then afflicted with a disorder of some sort.
    If a 'child' was to kill an animal in such a manner for their own pleasure as often do people 'afflicted with a disorder of some sort', then I can see where you are coming from. But as this was posted in a thread about moral dilemmas, you're argument is sort of ridiculous especially considering in her post she makes it clear that she believed she was doing the right thing and that still today, the memory bothers her. Being that she was able to feel such empathy at the time for the kitten, one can assume that she was not killing the animal as a sadistic sport. Although killing the poor thing with a rock would have been faster, emotions at seeing such a creature in pain tends to cloud one's judgement, no matter how rational especially at such an age.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Great topic for a thread. I love these.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    10 Overcrowded Lifeboat
    I wouldnt throw anyone overboard, perhaps if someone died in the boats we could take a survivor from the water but that's it. In large part my decision would be guided by the practical/objective question of whether or not throwing someone overboard is feasible, it wont be, they will fight for their lives, as I would expect them to and would hope they would, so I wouldnt interfer with them.

9 Painful Wife
    No. I wouldnt kill them.

8 Slave’s Dream
    I would be pleased that God honoured me with an audience. So much that the other questions would be moot.

7 Debt to your Friend
    I wouldnt be standing around to witness death on the tracks. I'd be getting a head start on the summary justice I'd dispense on whoever tied them to the tracks.

6 Happening upon Money

Finders keepers on any lost cash. Dont even need to be starving or anything like that. Perhaps I'd be concerned that the cash belonged to a mob boss or drug pusher and they'd come after me but my spending wouldnt change much so they'd never be able to tell.

5 Daughter’s Sleepover
    I'd obviously raise a daughter who wasnt going to be so easy, from what's said here its a platonic relationship, they dont turn to sex so easily, no matter how curious the teenagers. Its not just a matter of resisting temptation. I'm biased because in some sense "I was that soldier", I stayed over with a female friend a couple of times like this, that said she was older and more morally strict than even myself. Parental supervision isnt going to end at inviting someone into the home either. To be honest if the worst happened and they did act on some mutual desire daughter and I would have to deal with that, possibly even male friend's parents and male friend too.

A sleepover and sexual activity arent straight corollates, neither, in this day and age, is the fact that they are members of the opposite sex. Maybe its just me but I'd be glad if this dilemma existed because I'd be confident that my child was heterosexual.

4 Choice for the Cure
    I'd take the medicine, I'd pray for my friend and mourn them. I'd not experience any neurotic guilt.

3 Judge’s Abducted Daughter
    I'd be sure that the child was dead already. As is the case in the majority of hostage situations. It would be time to track the f**kers down for an old fashioned seperating of the head from the body.

2 Paramedic’s Uncle
    I'd respond to the boy, then try and help my uncle.

1 Man Crossing the Road
    In this situation, I would break to save the pedestrian, then I'd throw the car into reverse and try and plough the dick with the gun. Better to go out fighting.

+ Sophie’s Choice

This is a true story that happened in World War 2. You are an inmate, imprisoned in a concentration camp. A guard tells you that you must choose one of your two children for him to take to the gas chamber. If you choose neither, he will take them both. What would you do? (Apparently, Sophie told him to take her younger daughter, she lost track of her older son, and she later committed suicide from the guilt of having chosen between her children).
    Did this definitely happen? Anyway, I've heard other examples of it too, its a psychopath playing a game with their victim and the choice is unimportant, at the very best making a choice will only mean a momentary reprieve for whoever has survived as a result of the choice. My real choice would be to live long enough to kill the bastard messing with me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The two propositions to which you refer are not inconsistent with one another in the slightest. Your nonchalant attitude to psychological illness is noted. Since you seem rather angry, our exchange within this thread terminates here.
    Yeah, you're projecting and misjudging anger but that is unsurprising, you are seeking to portray yourself as rational and logical when in fact you are mind blind and very possibly autistic. That is if your supposed misunderstanding of others reactions to your posting behaviour are sincere. I dont believe that they are.

I think you are a troll who seeks to deploy complex text and argumentation to conceal and minimise the true intent of your posting, possibly to impress intellect or intelligence upon others and therefore yourself through feedback. You are small fish buddy.

Can I help you?