First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

10 Overcrowded Lifeboat

Ask for volunteers to jump out of the boat. If not enough volunteer, draw straws.

9 Painful Wife

Let her die if that's what she wishes. People should be able to end their lives in the case of debilitating, irreversible disease.

8 Slave’s Dream

b. Pleased because no one is benefiting from your cruel treatment.

At least with this option, I can only hope that someone will see the light and stop making me toil 18 hours day after day. If someone is actually buying my rugs, that's probably just more toil I'd have to endure.

7 Debt to your Friend

I'd probably save my son but honestly, I'm not so sure what I'd do. My son is actually a family member I gave birth to, took care of, protected him, and watched him grow. A friend, even though a best friend, is still just a friend and although we may be very close, I wouldn't be inclined to put my friend on quite the same level as my son.

6 Happening upon

b. Take the money and use it to help your family.

I think it would be more immoral to threaten my family with starvation because I didn't take the money. I can always hope that someday I'll have enough money to pay the rightful owner back.

5 Daughter’s Sleepover

I'd probably let him come over but probably insist they sleep in separate rooms. I wouldn't want to constantly hover over my daughter and the guy but I do think whereever the sleepover takes place there should be a parent around- at least in same house. I'd also periodically check up on the two.

4 Choice for the Cure

If one of us was obviously closer to dying than the other, that person would get the antibiotic. Otherwise, I'd probably split it in half between the two of us and hope for the best.

3 Judge’s Abducted Daughter

Probably convict the robber if I truly felt that was the only way to get my child back. I could always explain the situation in court once I get the daughter back.

2 Paramedic’s Uncle

Leave and help the boy since it sounds like the uncle most probably would survive while I was gone.

1 Man Crossing the Road

b. Hit the pedestrian and continue speeding away from the gunman.

I don't think I'd do it intentionally. I'd probably be so anxious about fleeing the shooter that I'm not sure I'd even see the pedestrian in the first place.

+ Sophie’s Choice

I'd offer to sacrifice my life if it meant I could save them both.

Honestly, I could never choose. I'd probably leave it up to the authorities to decide. Of course if I did that, he would probably take both. I could only pray that one or both would be able to escape. At least that way I'd never to have to endure the guilt of choosing one over the other.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    This is quite depraved. Drowning, by all accounts, is an incredibly painful experience, and it chills me to imagine the episode; it would have been much more humane to have killed it with the rock. Better still, you could have contacted, or had someone else contact for you, a vet.

If I were a psychiatrist, I would be wondering whether you were then afflicted with a disorder of some sort.
    My rep cut off, so I'll just say it here - This is needlessly cruel (and the last part is ridiculous).
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

This is quite depraved. Drowning, by all accounts, is an incredibly painful experience, and it chills me to imagine the episode; it would have been much more humane to have killed it with the rock. Better still, you could have contacted, or had someone else contact for you, a vet.

If I were a psychiatrist, I would be wondering whether you were then afflicted with a disorder of some sort.

First, it's not such a clear cut situation, so I hardly see why you have an issue with how it was handled by a teenager.
    Second, "The Bad Guys" aren't over yonder across some line drawn in the human ethics sand, there is beauty and depravity in each and every one of us. Acknowledging the latter (which I don't even think arose in this specific situation) shouldn't lead to accusations and labeling.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    My rep cut off, so I'll just say it here - This is needlessly cruel (and the last part is ridiculous).
    No part of my post could reasonably be called cruel.

It is not implausible to suggest that a psychiatrist might wonder whether a 15 year old who forcibly submerged a kitten in a bucket of water until it drowned was psychologically ill when doing so.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    First, it's not such a clear cut situation, so I hardly see why you have an issue with how it was handled by a teenager.
    It seems remarkably clear to me. What is unclear to you? I'm unsure of what relevance her age at the time has, also: I wasn't drowning kittens at 15.

Second, "The Bad Guys" aren't over yonder across some line drawn in the human ethics sand, there is beauty and depravity in each and every one of us. Acknowledging the latter (which I don't even think arose in this specific situation) shouldn't lead to accusations and labeling.
    What on earth are you rambling on about?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

All I can say is I'm incredibly glad you're not a psychiatrist.

Then again, I assume reading comprehension is a requirement to become one, as is empathy, so I don't have any worries about that for your future.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]

What on earth are you rambling on about?
    I'll assume you're having a bad day. I hope you have a better one tomorrow.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    All I can say is I'm incredibly glad you're not a psychiatrist.

Then again, I assume reading comprehension is a requirement to become one, as is empathy, so I don't have any worries about that for your future.
    I'm glad I'm not one too. Insulting my ability to comprehend text is simply laughable; impugning my ability to empathise is refuted by the fact that I am successfully integrated into society.

MBTI
    INTP

I'll assume you're having a bad day. I hope you have a better one tomorrow.
    I don't have "bad days"; clearly, I am not subject to the same vicissitudes of emotion to which you are vulnerable. Again: what were you rambling on about? You would do well to address my previous post, rather than (fallaciously) question my emotional states.

Incidentally, you're not an INTJ.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I don't have "bad days"; clearly, I am not subject to the same vicissitudes of emotion to which you are vulnerable. Again: what were you rambling on about? You would do well to address my previous post, rather than (fallaciously) question my emotional states.

Incidentally, you're not an INTJ.
    And I dont think your INTP or at least you're the least perceptive perceptor that's ever come to my attention.

Otherwise you'd realised that your initial post was needlessly rude and abrasive, you dont get out of a hole by digging it deeper.

This is part of the reason I dont bother with this forum anymore, that and being told over and over that I'm a bigot. Lots of aptitude for discussion around here.