User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Transitive or intransitive? People are subject to object, therefore object of subject.
    Subject to change. Object of change.
    Time and loci change.
    People do not.

We are changed. By time and loci.
    Experience

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Of course.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    What are you talking about? There has been no nit picking of definitions. You made a ridiculous analogy that did nothing to counter my argument. A childhood belief based upon stories that the entire world knows and accepts to be untrue cannot be equated with any sort of long-term spiritual belief held as an adult by millions of people worldwide. My worldview and philosophies on life have completely changed.

And I completely agree with you that what changes a person are their beliefs. Beliefs have tremendous power over the way we act and actions are exactly what leads to us changing.
    Dont the majority of kids believ in Santa. Wouldnt the perception of losing faith in santa at that age where everyone else(kids) believes be equivalent to an adult losing faith in god where everyone else(adults) believes?

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I changed, but not on purpose. I hope that I'll change back to the way I was, before I'm dead. You know, changing into a worse version of yourself is easy, but becoming a better version of yourself takes a lot of hard work. I changed into a worse version and going back is really hard. I could also try to accept it and just get my revenge. That sounds fun too.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I've seen peopls make big changes in their way of relating to others. In each case, it has taken a very painful loss that makes the person question their basic view of reality and of themselves.

MBTI
    INTP

I had a friend in high school that was in a car accident that caused some brain injuries. When she recovered from the accident, she was a totally different person. Her whole personality changed. So I would say that people could change over time. I don't see why a chemical pathway that led to one way of thinking couldn't be changed over a span of time if the person wanted it bad enough.

MBTI
    INTJ

Drugs can chance someone permanently..i think.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
    Drugs can chance someone permanently..i think.
    Not really...drugs can stunt someones growth as a person in certain areas. Its no different then any time you begin to "rely" on something. Dependencies stunt growth.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    Dont the majority of kids believ in Santa. Wouldnt the perception of losing faith in santa at that age where everyone else(kids) believes be equivalent to an adult losing faith in god where everyone else(adults) believes?
    No, for fucks sake it's a terrible analogy. Kids don't reevaluate the meaning of their lives after they discover Santa isn't real. Kids don't actually hold such concepts about life. They don't have the ability to engage in complex reasoning or independent thought for the most part. Discovering Santa isn't real as a child is like learning about any other new thing that is presented to them. There is nothing very profound about it. They feel minor disappointment for MINUTES.

And making such an analogy shows a huge amount of disrespect towards religion and spiritual beliefs. Only something an unenlightened asshole would do.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    What does it matter how many people believe it? It doesn't make it anymore real. 1000 years ago people believed that the Earth was flat.

You held an unfounded belief that if you act a certain way, God will reward you because that's what your parents taught you. Then you came to a conclusion that that story was BS. Now you act a certain way because the society/friends/mate/Macy's sales rep will reward you.

You've clung to one thing, and now you cling to another. I would bet that the approach and style are the same.

I have a Blu Ray player. I put plastic disks in it. Sometimes its a sad movie, sometimes its a happy one, but they are processed in the same way. 1080 definition, NTSC, surround sound, etc. But no matter what disk I put in it, it won't turn into a toaster.

Or kind of like those movies about two similar guys who were friends as kids. One grew up and became a cop, the other grew up and become a mafioso. Both enforce a certain code of conduct with similar strength of convictions. They just happen to be on different sides of the law.

Does that makes sense?

No?

Well then enjoy your new life as a different person.
    You've gone from belief systems to someone's core personality. I assure you people experience personality changes in the different phases of their life. Much remains the same, but much changes as well. If you want to ignore the latter so you can hold your narrow views go nuts.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.