User Tag List

Default If the soul's afterlife is imagination and intellect

I watched What Dreams May Come the other night for the first time, it might not be a good adaptation of Matheson's book if I Am Legend is anything to go by but the afterlife depicted in it is one which is constructed by the mind or soul disembodied following the death of the body.

So in this afterlife pretty much anything can and is created by the souls living in it, there is sufficient space for anything of any scope because time and space are infinite.

My question is in this sort of afterlife would the dilemma described by Thor, as depicted in an episode of the Hulk TV series in which he could only take form when summoned by the possessor of the Hammer artifact, exist of existing without feeling or sensation?

MBTI
    INFP

a soul still feels and has sensation, but without a body would exist as an energy being, since that is a souls natural state.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I watched What Dreams May Come the other night for the first time, it might not be a good adaptation of Matheson's book if I Am Legend is anything to go by
    I never read "What Dreams May Come" (although I saw the movie)... but definitely with "I am Legend," the Will Smith adaptation of that story had just about nothing to do with Matheson's original.

My question is in this sort of afterlife would the dilemma described by Thor, as depicted in an episode of the Hulk TV series in which he could only take form when summoned by the possessor of the Hammer artifact, exist of existing without feeling or sensation?
    The questions seems kind of garbled. Rephrase?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The questions seems kind of garbled. Rephrase?
    Seconded. Just phrase it in a clear sentence or two. And you'll get more answers.

Forget about Thor, forget the Hulk episode.