User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

If scientific theories pertaining to the natural world can be classified according to how they correlate with the data, there's no reason why social reality should be an exception and ideologies for some strange reason would be excused from making sense. Communism for example is simply incompatible with human nature, with will to power and our evolutionary drive to not only cooperate for the sake of the genepool but also compete in order to promote individual benefits relative to the rest of the genepool and therefore promote one's gene while using the added survival value of being a social animal.

A quadrillion flies eat shit, that doesn't make it the right breakfast of champions for Mickey and Timmy for the same reasons that religious claims are extremely unlikely to be closer to a 1:1 model of the universe's workings than say, the Standard Model (particle physics). It's neither elegant nor necessary and incoherent with the data.

The sacro saint 'everybody's opinion is equal' is just as much fairy tale and bullshit people don't even truly believe themselves as the it-is-a-sacred-fact-i'll-cut-you-if-you-deny-it interpretation of 'everybody's equal'

SO people should have a legal obligation to understand themselves and their actions better than through vague vibes before they should start questioning the system. Otherwise the breaking of the law is more likely than not to have as much 'rotten' a foundation as the law it wants to superseed.

And now more of the same in pictures!

Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Permabanned

The fact that there's no perfect answer only means that it's a real world situation rather than an equation type closed system. But that doesn't discard the possibility to have highly viable sets of solutions for a given level of resolution concerning given population sizes, degrees of variance and inter/intra group dynamics
    I'm not sure I understand your point, but if I do..
    Your use of the word "resolution" implies "problem". You see..to me there are very few "problems" in the world..or at least objective absolute problems. There are situations that I personally don't like and there are situations that most people personally don't like, but this doesn't make them absolute problems, just collective individual problems. Does that make sense? There are no objective problems because there is no objective goal that humans have. So while I think I understand your sentiment...that sometimes humans need to work together to achieve a common goal..my standpoint is that not all people agree on this common goal nor should they be forced to. And personally, when my goals deviate from the "common goal", unless there are factors that influence me to behave otherwise (laws, and social repercussions mostly) I don't hesitate to follow my own personal goals. If that makes me selfish then so be it.

Basically, I look after myself. I have no moral obligation to look after you. I might have a personal want to look after you, but it is not like the purpose of my life has to be to serve you. It isn't a moral obligation.
    Here's an interesting question. If you were on an island with one other person, and there was only food on this island for one person..what would happen? There are only a couple options. 1) You both die 2)One of you lives. Personally, my want to live is more important to me than his want to live. I'm doing what I can to ensure I live. If he doesn't do the same..too bad for him I guess. If he does...well, let the best man win.

This attitude would have a harmful effect on social cooperation. If the majority took this attitude, there would be no building of trust. Without trust, the society will be weak, making it vulnerable to conquest by external competitors.
    I don't care. I have no moral obligation to keep society strong. Obviously, it's to my benefit if my society is strong..but it's to MY benefit. My motivations aren't external ...they are internal. I don't have a moral obligation but a "personal" obligation. So while it usually works out in the end, I don't buy into the whole "Let's all work together because Jesus wants us to/because that is what we are supposed to do" ideology. To me it's more like "Let's all work together because our goals happen to align..if they stop aligning, I'm gone."

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    Basically, I look after myself. I have no moral obligation to look after you. I might have a personal want to look after you, but it is not like the purpose of my life has to be to serve you. It isn't a moral obligation.
    I agree. But it is in your best interest to look after me because I will return the favor when you are in need. Cooperation results in greater achievements.

I don't buy into the whole "Let's all work together because Jesus wants us to/because that is what we are supposed to do" ideology. To me it's more like "Let's all work together because our goals happen to align..if they stop aligning, I'm gone."
    Yes, but how well can you cooperate if you did not trust your partners to hold their end of the deal? The motivation for ethical behavior is rational self interest, not altruism.