123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default The Atheist's Worst Nightmare: The Banana

I noticed there's a "head to head" news show on this week (I think it's ABC), with Kirk Cameron and some Christian pastor arguing with two atheists about whether God exists.

Aside from Kirk Cameron, the concept sounded interesting... but I hope it's better than this video clip I found.

Criticism/comments?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Yes. Kill me now?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

I have to confess that I sent that link to a lot of people after seeing it for the first time a while ago. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant parody. I only found out recently that it was serious.
    JBS Haldane's Four Stages of Scientific Theories:

1. This is worthless nonsense.
    2. This is an interesting, but perverse, point of view.
    3. This is true, but quite unimportant.
    4. I always said so.

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, that banana crap is the worst argument ever. What scares me is that it's so successful on certain types of people.

On a semi-related note, I saw a drink today advertised as being "Bananatastic." More like "Bananacrappy" or "Bananagetthatthefuckawayfromme."

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertSpace View Post
    I have to confess that I sent that link to a lot of people after seeing it for the first time a while ago. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant parody. I only found out recently that it was serious.
    There's nothing more gut-wrenching than the feeling of "Oh my god, they meant that."
    INTP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yes. Kill me now?
    Something like that.

Pathetic. Can we ever find a video of a Christian doing something intelligent?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertSpace View Post

Hey, wait! I thought that was the "peanut butter" clip, not the banana cli...

Oh my.

And here I was figuring it would just be something about ID... which at least sounds more intelligent than the infamous "banana" strategy.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It isn't intelligent, but I could make a video about how we know there is intelligent design because, no matter whether we are newborns or aged, our index fingers are always the right size to fit comfortably in our nostrils. Not only that, it is a clear sign that it is God's will that we pick our noses.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

It isn't intelligent, but I could make a video about how we know there is intelligent design because, no matter whether we are newborns or aged, our index fingers are always the right size to fit comfortably in our nostrils. Not only that, it is a clear sign that it is God's will that we pick our noses.
    Do it! You could start the next next internet viral video phenomenon! Your fame would culminate with a guest spot on the Benny Hinn Ministries show on TBN, or maybe even 700 Club.
    INTP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Not only that, it is a clear sign that it is God's will that we pick our noses.
    Let's not even talk about male masturbation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Let's not even talk about male masturbation.
    Banana!
    INTP