• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Atheist's Worst Nightmare: The Banana

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

PRAISE THE CLAW for this debate - in which there is NO debate - because there IS a CLAW - the only CLAW, CLAW ALMIGHTY. --- The aclawists sounded so unknowledgable and were just talking in circles - thank you, Ray and Kirk for sharing the TRUTH. - I pray that hearts will be open to accept and believe that TRUTH. - Amen

Picture%2071.png

Praise the CLAW! Kirk & Ray spread the WORD to those who lack the CLAW, now it is for them to accept it or not. I believe when the two non-believer said that they were of the CLAW, I believe what they were really saying was, "I was brought up in a CLAW household with CLAW parents." I don't believe they were saying I chose the CLAW, but am no longer one. One you accept the CLAW as your CLAW and SAVIOR for yourself, HE is forever dwells in your heart.

HilbertSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I watched to the half that ABC has chosen to make available so far, and I'll do the same when the other half goes up. I do have to say, though, that I didn't find the arguments presented by either side to be new, creative, or insightful.

The side presented by Comfort was predictable - it was Paley's Watch for the Universe, Paley's Watch for Natural Law, and truth as evidenced by conversion. The counterarguments were less forceful than they might have been.

There was (in my opinion) a more interesting debate recently held in London - not on the question of the existence of God, but whether Man is better off without religion. It's audio only, but it's a fairly good listen, and the arguments on both sides are better presented.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
That was good, Cafe.

I don't even want to know how much blood wound up on the walls.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched to the half that ABC has chosen to make available so far, and I'll do the same when the other half goes up. I do have to say, though, that I didn't find the arguments presented by either side to be new, creative, or insightful.

The side presented by Comfort was predictable - it was Paley's Watch for the Universe, Paley's Watch for Natural Law, and truth as evidenced by conversion. The counterarguments were less forceful than they might have been.

I listened to most of what was posted as well, and I had the same general opinion. I was a little disappointed (although, realistically, any show touting Kirk Cameron as a debater -- from what I know about him, not necessarily just because he's a celeb -- doesn't create a lot of expectation in me to begin with) by the whole thing. It was all the same basic Level 1 style arguments I've heard before.

And there were some missteps. Kelly started well on her basic rebuttal (where she described the role of science), but in the last few minutes of it really just resorted to some personalized attacks or misrepresentations of the opposition position. I wasn't really keen on hearing things veer into Bible land either, whether it was the Creationists making assertions that could not be proven or the Atheists casting passages in dubious lights.

I'm not holding high hopes for the rest, unfortunately.

Incidentally, I'm not sure how the First Cause argument can be answered, because it's an assertion, not a derived proof. If God exists outside the realm of science and is not a victim of its laws, then we have no way to evaluate him; everything is conjecture. So I'm not even sure why it should get brought up in a discussion like this. The Creationist says, "Here's what I believe," and the Atheist can only respond, "I have no way to check that out." Argument seems a waste of time.

...man, I could use a banana right now...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Saw this video a while ago...

I think it should be moved to the sex forum.