User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    EPIC

Default What Do You Do When No One Believes You?

Let's say you and your family had a secret. You could read each other's minds during times of high stress. You can't really prove it to people and during the times of high stress, no one would be able to be calm enough to prove it.

Now, your sister hit a tree in a rural area with her car and her child was in critical condition. She didn't have a cell phone, but there was a store 100 or so feet away she could run to to call 9-1-1. Instead of doing so, she spoke to your other family members in her mind and your brother had a cell phone. He called 9-1-1, but accidentally told them the wrong street. When they didn't show up and your sister thought it was taking too long, she ran to the store and called and by the time they got there and got your sister's child to the hospital, it was too late.

People you know who heard about it, including your wife, think that your sister just sat there doing nothing and took way too long to get to the store to the phone. They, understandably, think of her as neglectful and didn't do all she could have to save her child. They don't want to tell this to her face, though, but don't want to be around her. They of course wouldn't believe the outrageous claim that we can speak to each other with our minds. What does one do?

(obviously an analogy. we can't really speak telepathically during high stress or not and nothing happened to my sister and she doesn't have a child)
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    ESFP

if it's true, then why do you care if anyone believes it? their loss right?

MBTI
    EPIC

Because it's preferable to have your wife/friends have good relations with her sister and family. Especially when you do.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well the story as such would be hard to belive. A mother wouldnt sit next to her child that is dieing doing nothing and only relieing on others.

Well but let's assume this happened that way, I'ld still think the mother would deserve what she gets because she did nothing.

And besides who is guilty, well situations like this kinda suck and are my daily devil. I sometimes do things so complicated and out of the ordinary that it's later on nearly impossible to explain to others. Most of the times they dont belive you and just make up their own story of what really happened. I tried to keep out of situations like this but they magically attract my presence somehow.

It sucks that's what it does. You can only rely on others to believe you and hope they trust you. Try to explain yourself brief and trustworthy, one can learn that. Try not to get agigated if you sense they may not believe you and dont legitimate your actions just say what was going on. Then hope for their good will, situations like this just suck
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    Because it's preferable to have your wife/friends have good relations with her sister and family. Especially when you do.
    living a lie together is never better than accepting the truth alone... and from this comes the confidence for everyone to move on from the disagreement until it is forgotten.

i wait it out. and laugh later.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

You are frightening
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

A lot of people can do this, but it's not a method you use to contact 911 in an accident. That's not the point and that's not how it works.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE

i stomp my feet like a frustrated little girl. jump up and down. pout. seriously. i'm instantly 4.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ha, you stomp your feet too?