User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Yes, but unlike you I recognize these voices as different branches of myself or my psyche and not as entirely separate entities. I honestly don't take more than a grain of salt when it comes to things like "multiple personalities". Is it possible? Yes, just like Big Foot and El Chupacabra, but I still see it as a coping mechanism in which people who have repressed their innate desires start to lose control and these innate desires start emerging in various forms. Maybe it's them or their subconscious, but I believe something within themselves has made them think these "voices" and "personalities" aren't coming from them. Have you thought about that? Maybe you are doing something to sabotage your mind-frame? It could be spontaneous or stem from some sort of trauma. Or it could be exactly what you stated it to be.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    Yes, but unlike you I recognize these voices as different branches of myself or my psyche and not as entirely separate entities. I honestly don't take more than a grain of salt when it comes to things like "multiple personalities". Is it possible? Yes, just like Big Foot and El Chupacabra, but I still see it as a coping mechanism in which people who have repressed their innate desires start to lose control and these innate desires start emerging in various forms. Maybe it's them or their subconscious, but I believe something within themselves has made them think these "voices" and "personalities" aren't coming from them. Have you thought about that? Maybe you are doing something to sabotage your mind-frame? It could be spontaneous or stem from some sort of trauma. Or it could be exactly what you stated it to be.
    Out of interest...are you replying to the OP or to me?
    [Trying not to be self-indulgent.]
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've had a time when I 'conversed' with another version of myself when I was younger, I did it to gain perspective on all kinds of things. From little, meaningless ponderings to the larger than life questions..

Ultimately, I became that version of myself so I no longer need to converse to him. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    yupp

hmmm yes, the worse was the time I had to listen to about ohio for three hours trying to go to sleep. It's like shut up, I don't care about ohio and how awesome it is. apparently it's the best state ever!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP

To be completely honest, this sounds like paranoid schizophrenia. Maybe I'm being captain obvious.. But you have a lot of the symptoms:

- Hearing unwanted/unfamiliar voices
    - Paranoia/The Belief you are under attack
    - Feeling compelled to do things
    - Not feeling as though you are yourself; Loss of self awareness

But I could be wrong.. I just hope the best for you, and I'd do some research on paranoid schizophrenia.

MBTI
    ENFP

And I must add..

When I was little, I used to fantasize A LOT. Half the time, I wasn't even in the real world. I had such a vivid imagination, that my focus would be entirely on my mind's eye, and i'd be in a whole different world. I would walk around in the real world, imagining myself in a different world, talking to people and things that weren't there in reality. I would speak for the people and things, and then speak back.. I was having a conversation with myself, but to me, it was with myself and whoever I imagined.

I could of course differentiate reality from fantasy.. But I preferred my fantasy world much, much more.

Now that I am very much older, I don't do this anymore. Sometimes I'll create stories in my head that I can invision as if my mind's eye was a movie screen, but I don't speak to anyone. I would certainly get some odd looks.

My situation is obviously no like your's - I know the difference between reality and fantasy. The scary thing is, is that you seem not to.