• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

About the thread "Loving God"

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
I talk to God everyday! all the time! (unless I choose to ignore) how I wish I could explain to you what goes on in my life. Listen, before I begin here's the bible verse:

Joel 2:28 ""And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions."

Today, I went out for my semesterly coffee with my bible study assistant leader and out of the blue she asked me: Did you ever pray for the healing of your eyesight? I was like WHOA!!! God told You!!! And she was like: Keep it up. I was like... whoa! and you knew that I gave up.

You see, I prayed that 2 weeks ago. I was sooo sure he was gonna heal me but he didn't and I fell asleep disappointed. I was like.. but Jaime got healed why can't I? (Note that Jaime tried to get healed in prayer 3 times). I've gotta say though, my church people are great, alot of them spend hours and hours praying daily, that's why they can hear from God so well. Me? Still trying. I tend to disobey alot but that's why I'm studying now even after my exam is over - I messed up, but I know God wants me to know my anatomy and physio well. I'm expecting a healing soon :)

I gotta tell you guys, I said that I don't get affected by people's comments and stuff but that's not really true I've discovered, I know God's still working on me on this (about being immune to the praises of men and their criticisms). So, I was pretty discouraged, thinking I've messed up and all and hence did not want to return to post on this forum...but God wanted me to post the apology (since he can redeem, for instance after David repented for seducing Bathsheba, they had a child, who became King Solomon) and... ah... erm...

*cough* one of you here, needs to hear all this. this was my only task actually, not all the gabillion posts i made previously!

erm...got a message ...

no idea who you are, really, but you're disappointed with your work. and you've been feeling really jaded about everything, especially family. they are not supportive of what you're doing, and hence you're having abit of a cold war. everything "sucks" to you right now. And no, you don't believe in God - you think religion is "filthy" and its followers are mindless drones. These were your EXACT thoughts, this is what God told me so that you WILL know who you are, who reads this. However, you actually believe what I've written, very deep down inside, and you're wondering why you're such an idiot. You're the person God wants me to write this for.

I don't even know who you are, so I'm just obeying God this time on this one thing. My message for you is that...God is going to change and touch your life soon. You believe yourself a grown man but when you come to know him you will break down and weep like a child, wondering why you've spent so long thinking he didn't exist - it will literally be like a blindfold unwrapped from your eyes. You will see truth, and you will understand the bible and the events of time with the aid of the Holy Spirit. You will understand what the world outside cannot.

You'll be ignited with such a passion that you'll tell the neighbourhood you saw him do unbelievable things in your life! everyone will think you've gone mad! they'll laugh at you, but you'll keep on begging them to listen. you've got .... a long and hard road ahead but you're gonna do much for his kingdom.

And if you're wondering if the person is really you, you're going to find out soon enough. I'm sorry, when I say soon, i mean it in God's time, but in human years I don't think its long. If you're wondering did I have the hunch I should come in to MBTI Central because there's one person here who needed to hear this? Yes. I... thought I heard the Holy Spirit tell me then but I was uncertain and shrugged him off. I did not know it till now, but all my rambling was just meant to catch your attention. I made a mess, yet here's God's redeeming work,

cheers, whoever you are :) the only advice i can give you is that it doesn't take a day to trust, love and obey God, don't worry about it. the hardest thing can be people's hearts, especially when you see those you love around you in trouble and you know the answer is Jesus, you want to share with them but they don't want to listen. don't worry, Psalms 23:6 is just for you " Even when I go through the darkest valley, I fear no danger, for You are with me, Your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

well i really really hope the rest of you who read this...i just pray that one day you'll have a revelation of who,what,why, Jesus is the way the truth and the life, i can't do anything for you, i'm sorry. i cannot explain to you because a relationship with Jesus begins individually. i'd carry you to Jesus if I could, anything, oh anything, I didn't know what Hell was like, I was a fool when I posted last week and all I could say was that "Satan masquerades as an angel of light", but I watched 23 mins in Hell and how I've wept. I know that Bill Wiese tells the truth, because I've had a dream of heaven before and it was like he said - that some things will simply be "blocked out from your mind!" GodTube.com - 23 minutes in HellGod blocked out the pain and heat of Hell from him, he blocked out the real beauty of heaven for me, I could not see! Walls that should have designs, all I saw was white washed walls! Yet I knew in my spirit that something was there and it was beautiful, oh, how can I explain to you?

He says that Hell is a place where God's presence is simply not there...meaning none of his blessings are there. There is no sunlight, food, water, sleep, air, or fellowship (no one can talk to another). And this is eternal. Since God is not there, God's enemy, the anti-God is. And they hate humans with a passion, because we were made in the image of God. They cannot hurt God, but they can hurt men.

I've never met a single one of you face to face, but how I wish you'd put your pride aside, I'd do anything to save you - the truth hurts the most doesn't it? I pray that you'd know that you're a creation because someone dearly desired you to be around, not because you're a mutation of a monkey. It can hurt so much that you don't want to think about it - when mum told me my pants were smelly for instance, I got angry, embarassed and ignored her - till my housemate told me I stank :( Seen the movie the Matrix? Once I was angry at the person who told me I was living in the "matrix" too, but you know what, now I know that God is "Ephesians 3:20 Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us". Us humans are like seamonkeys swimming happily in a tank surrounded by a hedge of algae, never realizing there's a world outside!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Would you have the courage to read "the God delusion" by Richard Dawkins... it will encourage you to think critically about what you believe, and what you want to believe, and why? You may come out the other side a stronger christian, you may simply hate Dawkins for being an argumentative ass, or you may thank him for the self-reflection he will encourage. it would be brave of you to try, though....

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Thank you, I've read a few pages of it in Borders. When I read Da Vinci Code, yes it DID shake me! I had so much trouble believing, but everytime I doubted I tried speaking in tongues and no matter what, I know that I received speaking in tongues spontaneously! I could just do it.

But nothing can replace what I know of in my spirit when God speaks, besides, how does he explain "slain in the spirit"? I couldn't stand up in the presence of God! When I read his book I realized that he referred to both Christianity and Islam as "aramaic religions" with something wrong to them because of Genesis, it sounded like a fairy tale to him and he probably has a problem because there was no clear definitions of dates and times - yet the bible states very clearly that without the Holy Spirit, you cannot understand Jesus' parables and you cannot receive a conviction of faith! So the only way you can believe in Jesus is not because the bible throws out a ton of facts, but when you choose to trust because you want to lead a new life - you're tired of old ways. And so its repentance first.

Let's think of it as this... even if I gave you all the details of what God is made of, what chemical composition he is etc, how is that going to help you? We're still going to die anyway. We walk into life naked, we die naked. The only thing we can walk out of with, is a friendship with him.

and just to prove that a non Christian or new Christian may find it extremely hard to understand the bible: all I have to say is: and I can challenge you on this... go read Esther. You'd probably not understand why what Esther did was considered a great work, because she "didn't do anything" but ask her nation to fast for 3 days in an appeal to God so that she could save the Jews.

Yet let me explain to you why, since I was given this understanding: how hard it is to even fast for one day in faith! Not to mention asking an entire nation to submit to God in such a way, can you imagine any President nowadays who would ask their countrymen to pass up on eating for 3 days?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Thank you, I've read a few pages in Borders, I've done Da Vinci Code, perhaps I will. But nothing can replace what I know of in my spirit when God speaks, besides, how does he explain "slain in the spirit"? Or healings? I couldn't stand up in the presence of God!

Well here is my suggestion : Most religions (christianity included) encourage the believers to know and understand themselves..

One can only do this by critically understanding what you believe and why. No sane God would turn you away for reading a book that asks you to critically consider your belief.

Richard Dawkins will not have all the answers (although you'll find he covers healings in some detail). The comfort of having answers provided is not available to the unbeliever. We are required to work it out for ourselves. As a result it is a cold universe, which is why I would say it would be brave of you to try.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
hungrypossum, I intend this gently: your mind seems closed to possibility.

I suspect you will find God on a much more personal level if you accept the probability that he does not exist.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, you need to chill a bit.

I do understand that your personality is enthusiastic, so I've been biting my tongue.

Not to be mean, but how old are you? And how long have you been a Christian? And how long have you actually been on this journey?

Now, do you realize some of us have been along the same road for a decade longer than you've even been alive? Do you realize some of us have walked through the fires of faith issues in situations much harder than anything you've really faced yet?

So I find it very short-sighted and naive when you just chalk up my and other differences of opinion as "pride" or some other spiritual negative. It takes a great deal of audacity to judge and admonish people who are, in effect, your elders on the spiritual journey of life.

It doesn't mean necessarily that we're "more right" than you are... but at the very least, if you respected other people, you'd acknowledge that those with a lot more experience than you might something to offer, you'd be aware of your inexperience, and your tone would be different.

Your belief that you have a market on the truth is insulting to those of us who have been where you are and "moved on" and also leaves me realizing that discussion is rather pointless and I can only hope that your views do not become so calcified that you cannot adjust them later when necessary.

Case in point: Someone tells you to read a serious work by Richard Dawkins, and you start discussing The Da Vinci Code? The latter was a fiction and a joke and has no real place in a serious discussion about the Bible. Read some books that will actually challenge your faith and put forth some strong cases for other views, and that will be a noteworthy step for you -- either changing your faith outright or at least honing and tweaking and sharpening it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I suspect you will find God on a much more personal level if you accept the probability that he does not exist.

Night, you keep hitting them out of the park, man.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I do understand that your personality is enthusiastic, so I've been biting my tongue.

Not to be mean, but how old are you? And how long have you been a Christian? And how long have you actually been on this journey?

Now, do you realize some of us have been along the same road for a decade longer than you've even been alive? Do you realize some of us have walked through the fires of faith issues in situations much harder than anything you've really faced yet?

So I find it very short-sighted and naive when you just chalk up my and other differences of opinion as "pride" or some other spiritual negative. It takes a great deal of audacity to judge and admonish people who are, in effect, your elders on the spiritual journey of life.

It doesn't mean necessarily that we're "more right" than you are... but at the very least, if you respected other people, you'd acknowledge that those with a lot more experience than you might something to offer, you'd be aware of your inexperience, and your tone would be different.

Your belief that you have a market on the truth is insulting to those of us who have been where you are and "moved on" and also leaves me realizing that discussion is rather pointless and I can only hope that your views do not become so calcified that you cannot adjust them later when necessary.

Case in point: Someone tells you to read a serious work by Richard Dawkins, and you start discussing The Da Vinci Code? The latter was a fiction and a joke and has no real place in a serious discussion. Read some books that will actually challenge your faith and put forth some strong cases for other views, and that will be a noteworthy step.

Also very well said. I find that as I've gotten older, my beliefs have become much less specific but my faith has become more comfortable. I'm a much happier agnostic Christian than I was a dogmatic one.

Ender

Large Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w%

I agree.

Personally while I'm not religious, I do agree that being religious is helpful to some people, and that the overall message is good, but it should not be taken literally word for word. For example all religions seem to preach peace and respect for your fellow (wo)man, but then they also like to claim that they are the one and only true religion and that those who follow the others are "evil" which I see as hypocritical.

I also don't think religion is for everybody. I'd class possum as being on the borderline of people who shouldn't have been introduced to religion at all. The people who can't seem to step back and think for themselves are the ones who are the most dangerous when they get sucked into it all. The constant preaching, and closed mindedness to anything anyone says if it contradicts "their" understanding of whats written is fanaticism as far as I'm concerned.

I was serious when I said before that if possum were a friend of mine before she "found God" that I would have cut ties with her if she started acting like this around me. I have many religious friends, from across all religions and they'll stay as my friends because they respect that fact I'm not religious and they don't "preach" at me and they're open minded even when I questions parts of their religions. They don't spit versus at me when I do either.

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
His plans were for Adam and Eve to lead a happy life in the Garden of Eden, not knowing sickness or destruction all the days of their life. BUT, Adam disobeyed God and did the very thing that plunged all humanity (since we're his descendents and we're part of his DNA) into the very pit of hell.

Hell is the place where God is NOT there.

All of us were born AWAY from God.

That is why humans are the only creatures on earth who were born unable to hear a voice of "instinct", that is God's voice.

This is the simplest summary I can think of, cheers.

Elf is a free-thinker. But, ya know what? If you keep still enough, and quiet enough, you'll realise, that there is a greater force all around you. In the trees, the sky, the very air itself. God--whichever version you choose to believe--is everywhere.

The bible, as with all words, are simply interpretations by men. If you understand the significance of God, you would not need a book: that is merely a symbol, and prone to misinterpretations.

"Do you see the lilies in the field? Not even Solomon in his finest was dressed as well as one of them."

Those lines come from the Bible.

Simply, it is a question of faith. If one is true, you would not need so many words, because you would not even need to preach to others, or feel the urge to defend your belief.

It is, simply, there.

Life - all creation - is varying forms of energy engaging in self-analysis.

Ultimately, we are all the same.

:yes:

...altho the degrees vary. :D

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
Yet let me explain to you why, since I was given this understanding: how hard it is to even fast for one day in faith! Not to mention asking an entire nation to submit to God in such a way, can you imagine any President nowadays who would ask their countrymen to pass up on eating for 3 days?

ah. point of information, Sir.

All devout Muslims, throughout the world, fast for one month during their holy month of Ramadan. Every year. As a show of devotion to their God. Entirely of free will.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
ah. point of information, Sir.

All devout Muslims, throughout the world, fast for one month during their holy month of Ramadan. Every year. As a show of devotion to their God. Entirely of free will.

It's much easier for them if they live in a dark northern country at that time of year as it is just from dawn to dusk. In a light southern one it can be much more of a trial!

elfinchilde

a white iris
MBTI Type
type
It's much easier for them if they live in a dark northern country at that time of year as it is just from dawn to dusk. In a light southern one it can be much more of a trial!

:rofl1: astute observation, Sir! hmm...wonder if any Muslims in the arctic circle or thereabouts can enlighten....i'm practically on the equator, so it's even hours of sun and night.

speaking of night..... :sleeping:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Oh goody, she's still here! :happy2: I was just thinking to myself the other day, "Where did nut butts go (and I mean that ever so lovingly)?" Now I can rest easy knowing all is right in the world again. :yes:

lastrailway

Yeah, that might do the trick when the Ramadan is during winter. But they'd have to move to the South Pole or Antarctica or something, when it's during summer; that or fast 18 or 20 hours or whatever period of time the daylight lasts.
Nah, it would be inconvenient to move from North to South Pole every few years. Except if one works on something related with ice, maybe. Or with penguins.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yeah, that might do the trick when the Ramadan is during winter. But they'd have to move to the South Pole or Antarctica or something, when it's during summer; that or fast 18 or 20 hours or whatever period of time the daylight lasts.
Nah, it would be inconvenient to move from North to South Pole every few years. Except if one works on something related with ice, maybe. Or with penguins.

Yes, but you can't eat the penguins during ramadan. Oh! wait... if you got them at night it'd be OK. Don't forget, penguins are only at the South Pole, too, so you'd be out of work at the North Pole!

lastrailway

Yes, but you can't eat the penguins during ramadan. Oh! wait... if you got them at night it'd be OK. Don't forget, penguins are only at the South Pole, too, so you'd be out of work at the North Pole!

There might be some kind of job where you import penguins from the South to the North Pole.
And who the heck eats the cutest bird of the planet?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:rofl1: I don't think anyone's planning on eating you... probably... ;) (at least not in the bad way! :laugh:)

and really- I don't care if hungrypossum beleives in Jesus or worships a worn out boot- good to beleive in something I suppose- I'd just like the same f*^%ing tolerance in return! :steam: I'd rather not have someone try to convert me to something else :rolli: