User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

very glad that you have found something that you are so passionate about

I couldn't beleive in a God who would send people to hell though, personally- I couldn't send someone to Hell, and I'm a bitch, so I don't think I feel the need to beleive in a Supreme Asshole in the Sky- I prefer the God that I beleive in! I prefer to beleive in second or more chances- reincarnation and etc- it's more in line with everything else I beleive is good and right

To each his or her own! to you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Life - all creation - is varying forms of energy engaging in self-analysis.

Ultimately, we are all the same.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

sassafrasquatch speaks for me

and night too, if I understand what he's saying, which I might not.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I'm certain you do -

Awareness of ones limitations; appreciation and respect for others; humility in judgment and open-mindedness towards diversity; fulfillment of one's identity; harmony; kindness; cooperation; love; evolution.

All creation is a representation of a shared fundamental identity.

We are all the same.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    But you see, I do not believe that anyone has freewill
    Right fucken on. I see you and I were clipped from the same toenail.

And hungrypossum, it sounds like you're in a lot of trouble with the big guy for your disobedient posting. Good luck with that.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ...and night too, if I understand what he's saying, which I might not.
    Ivy... lol!

(Sorry, I'll avoid confusing the actual topic of this thread further. Interesting thoughts on universalism, tho. Or maybe I will confuse it..., here goes!)

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    ...We are all the same.
    My intuition over the last few years is that we are already connected but choose to deny it and live as with we were not, closing ourselves off from each other and placing ourselves in our individual hells. We actually cannot ever really separate ourselves, although we try.

So when we hurt and abuse each other, we are hurting ourselves. We're just too short-sighted/stupid to really understand it

It's not entirely gnostic, because I don't think it's just a matter of "perceiving" the truth, you have to also live as if you were one with others... but still, you need that initial awareness to set you off.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I think I should clarify my post a bit. Here I outlined the official fundamentalist evangelical line on the reason and necessity for Christ's sacrifice. Now here we're discussing the scope of the sacrifice. hungrypossum has stated clearly that she believes that everyone must choose to accept Christ's sacrifice of their own free will or burn in hell forever. That is called Arminianism. There is also Calvinism which asserts unconditional election, where people do not choose to be saved, God decides who will go to heaven and who will go to hell. Universalism is just what it sounds like. Salvation is universal and unconditional. Through Adam's sin all humans were made corrupt involuntarily and Christ's sacrifice is the same, everyone is redeemed involuntarily.

The problem is that there are proof texts for all three doctrines. You can compile a list of chapter and verse supporting your position whatever it may be.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I understood you, sassafrassquatch (now do I type that out every time I address you? decisions decisions). I know from past posts that you're not a proponent of any religious dogma. And, really, neither am I- I liked what cafe said in her blog about not knowing if there is a God or not, but knowing your path and what resonates with you. If there is a God, universalism makes sense to me (especially in the sense that everyone ends up going back to the same source in the end, but can distance themselves from it by choice). At the same time I acknowledge that it doesn't have to make sense to me to be true, so I could easily be wrong.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I understood you, sassafrassquatch (now do I type that out every time I address you? decisions decisions). I know from past posts that you're not a proponent of any religious dogma. And, really, neither am I- I liked what cafe said in her blog about not knowing if there is a God or not, but knowing your path and what resonates with you. If there is a God, universalism makes sense to me (especially in the sense that everyone ends up going back to the same source in the end, but can distance themselves from it by choice). At the same time I acknowledge that it doesn't have to make sense to me to be true, so I could easily be wrong.
    That was for hungrypossum, actually. I'm trying to create the same confusion in her mind that drove me away from Christianity.

MBTI
    ISTP

I do pretty much completely disagree with your belief/opinion, but props for actually going and studying/researching it.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%