First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    No. I'm not. And you're not a god. Lol.
    How do you know that yet think that what a 2000 years old fairy tale says describes a god.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    How do you know that yet think that what a 2000 years old fairy tale says describes a god.
    Got anything better?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Got anything better?
    Well im not the one making outrageous statements here.

please, justify your point. I haven't made any crazy statements so far. reread what i wrote if you doubt it, i just questioned your statements.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

A window to the soul

I get teary eyed that Jesus willingly died.

God and Jesus, one and the same, in different forms though at the time of Christ..God asked of Jesus to be the ransom for taking the place of all the sins of people so God could provide everlasting life to men and women. The life of Jesus as ransom fills the void or lack people are (due to the sins) that God see people fit for living with him.

What's funny to me is the Romans were suckers, so full of themselves that they thought they knew what they were doing executing him. Idiots. God used their evil killing/murder of Christ and transformed it into a good thing-salvation for all who accept Christ to live in paradise. Amen.
    Amen.

Are you fucking kidding me. if i were a god and could just resurrect at will I wouldn't consider myself considerably brave for doing the same sacrifice millions of human did without getting revered by billions
    If you don't have anything constructive to say...

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Describing it as a fairy tale might make you feel a little bit better about your views but the reality is that there's a strong tradition there, strong heritage based upon the wisdom of generations. You've only got contemporary conceit and its ebbing away.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Well im not the one making outrageous statements here.

please, justify your point. I haven't made any crazy statements so far. reread what i wrote if you doubt it, i just questioned your statements.
    Wait, so what's your problem..I'm not quite clear. I think you need to have an honest discussion with yourself. And quit misdirecting your life's confusion (on me). Lol
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Are you fucking kidding me. if i were a god and could just resurrect at will I wouldn't consider myself considerably brave for doing the same sacrifice millions of human did without getting revered by billions
    There's a point here, Jesus is described as true God and true man, that means he wasnt like Obi Wan stoically telling Darth if he were to strike him down he would become even more powerful and knowing that he'd exist again as a shimmery blue ghost, Jesus suffered and died as any other victim of scouring to within an inch of his life and crucifixion would, he cried out to God asking why he had betrayed him and while a lot of people rationalise that as his taking on the world's sin and weirdy, metaphysical speculation I'm pretty sure that he was just a man like any other in that scenario.

Its really analogous to the experience of every human being, there's promises and assurances in the world religions and philosophy for everyone in the face of death but ultimately everyone faces that themselves, individually, no one can go through that for you, no one can tell you about it.

For me that's the difference between Christianity and any other world religion what so ever, God in every other religion is distant from human life and experience, I dont think that the various avatars in the Hindu religion experienced anything like Jesus either. God is accused by many, although its rhetorical athiests in the main, for causing or complicity in much suffering but when you think about it he experienced some of the worst possible suffering first hand and personally in the incarnation and death of Jesus. I think to a lesser extent he experiences it with every life and death in humankind but that's me, based on some pretty outlandish Jungian theories.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm pretty sure that he was just a man like any other in that scenario.
    True. According to the Bible, he was.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's a point here, Jesus is described as true God and true man, that means he wasnt like Obi Wan stoically telling Darth if he were to strike him down he would become even more powerful and knowing that he'd exist again as a shimmery blue ghost, Jesus suffered and died as any other victim of scouring to within an inch of his life and crucifixion would, he cried out to God asking why he had betrayed him and while a lot of people rationalise that as his taking on the world's sin and weirdy, metaphysical speculation I'm pretty sure that he was just a man like any other in that scenario.

Its really analogous to the experience of every human being, there's promises and assurances in the world religions and philosophy for everyone in the face of death but ultimately everyone faces that themselves, individually, no one can go through that for you, no one can tell you about it.

For me that's the difference between Christianity and any other world religion what so ever, God in every other religion is distant from human life and experience, I dont think that the various avatars in the Hindu religion experienced anything like Jesus either. God is accused by many, although its rhetorical athiests in the main, for causing or complicity in much suffering but when you think about it he experienced some of the worst possible suffering first hand and personally in the incarnation and death of Jesus. I think to a lesser extent he experiences it with every life and death in humankind but that's me, based on some pretty outlandish Jungian theories.
    God is within us and without us, regardless of religion. We need no bridge to commune with God. The most holy men in history have communed directly with God! If we are to be like Jesus, then instead of finding a demi-god to worship, we should just open our hearts and minds to the Lord, Abba.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    It's so bizarre that you have this hang-up.
    And this from someone who believes the Enlightenment of the 17th and 18th centuries is a form of light pollution.

And what a pity Jesus wasn't enlightened enough to say even one word against institutional slavery although he was surrounded by it.

Institutional slavey is one of world's oldest and greatest evils. Jesus could have followed the example of Spartacus (109-71BC) and opposed institutional slavery. But Jesus chose to remain silent and silence is complicity.

So we had to wait 1,800 years to the Enlightenment for institutional slavery to be abolished for the first time in human history by the House of Commons in 1833.

At which point we ordered the Royal Navy into the Atlantic to sink all American slave ships. And the Americans, discovering that discretion was the better part of valour, stopped transporting slaves across the Atlantic.

But nothing daunted, today the Americans are regaling us with a propaganda film called, "Lincoln". No expense is spared to leave us with the impression that President Lincoln freed the slaves, when in fact it was the guns of the Royal Navy that put an end to the Atlantic slave trade.