failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes. Jesus did not *have to die*, it was just a logical consequence of what he did and the context of his time. Anyone perceived as going against the establishment (two establishments, actually), and reaching out to the marginalized as he did, was sure to incur the wrath of powerful people, who in those days, had the power of life and death over their enemies.

This is the best light in which to interpret the story of Jesus.
    But even his own disciples abandoned him....It wasn't just the rulers and those in power.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFJ

He trolled the Pharisees and they were butthurt about it and started a riot on Jewchan, and the admin Pilate was like "Y u mad tho?" and the Pharisees were like "This dude thinks he's the King of the Jews. What if he challenged the throne?" and Pilate is all "Ok, I'll beat him for it." and they were like "NO! KILL HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!" and Pilate said "No way, my bro is innocent!" and they still said "NO! KILL HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!" and Pilate was all "Fine. Whatever. You kill him if you want. It's not on me."

And so he was crucified with a sign that said "King of the Jews" because they needed a sign to show publicly what the criminal was being crucified for, and the Pharisees said "No, he CLAIMED to be the King of the Jews!" and Pilate said "STFU, I wrote what I wrote."

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    No kidding. I'd be like ''wtf is God doing, why did he give superpowerz to this Jeshua dood and not to me, let's all rebel against them"
    And many did and still do.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    He trolled the Pharisees and they were butthurt about it and started a riot on Jewchan, and the admin Pilate was like "Y u mad tho?" and the Pharisees were like "This dude thinks he's the King of the Jews. What if he challenged the throne?" and Pilate is all "Ok, I'll beat him for it." and they were like "NO! KILL HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!" and Pilate said "No way, my bro is innocent!" and they still said "NO! KILL HIM! CRUCIFY HIM!" and Pilate was all "Fine. Whatever. You kill him if you want. It's not on me."

And so he was crucified with a sign that said "King of the Jews" because they needed a sign to show publicly what the criminal was being crucified for, and the Pharisees said "No, he CLAIMED to be the King of the Jews!" and Pilate said "STFU, I wrote what I wrote."
    The Master and Margarita is one good story about the fate of pilate, there are others, I think its Dante which has Judas frozen in a block of ice at the centre of hell.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Why did Jesus have to die?!?!? WHY? WHY? WHY? *exasperated*

MBTI
    INFJ

Logged in to 5 notifications and thought I was going to die O.O

It was like "AHHH THEY'VE FINALLY HAD ENOUGH OF MY SHIT AND ARE GOING TO CRUCIFY ME!"

But no. -.-

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    The Master and Margarita is one good story about the fate of pilate, there are others, I think its Dante which has Judas frozen in a block of ice at the centre of hell.
    Yeah I've read interesting things about Pilate.

Historical sources (what few there are) seem to indicate that he hated the Jews and was eventually recalled for abusing them. So even though it's claimed he considered Jesus to be innocent, he might have only said that to piss them off.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I get teary eyed that Jesus willingly died.

God and Jesus, one and the same, in different forms though at the time of Christ..God asked of Jesus to be the ransom for taking the place of all the sins of people so God could provide everlasting life to men and women. The life of Jesus as ransom fills the void or lack people are (due to the sins) that God see people fit for living with him.

What's funny to me is the Romans were suckers, so full of themselves that they thought they knew what they were doing executing him. Idiots. God used their evil killing/murder of Christ and transformed it into a good thing-salvation for all who accept Christ to live in paradise. Amen.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I get teary eyed that Jesus willingly died.

God and Jesus, one and the same, in different forms though at the time of Christ..God asked of Jesus to be the ransom for taking the place of all the sins of people so God could provide everlasting life to men and women. The life of Jesus as ransom fills the void or lack people are (due to the sins) that God see people fit for living with him.

What's funny to me is the Romans were suckers, so full of themselves that they thought they knew what they were doing executing him. Idiots. God used their evil killing/murder of Christ and transformed it into a good thing-salvation for all who accept Christ to live in paradise. Amen.
    Are you fucking kidding me. if i were a god and could just resurrect at will I wouldn't consider myself considerably brave for doing the same sacrifice millions of human did without getting revered by billions
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

No. I'm not. And you're not a god. Lol.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'