User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 28

  1. #11
    Boldly Gone Malice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I particularly get amusement from everyone being surprised by Ophiucus/Serpentariaus.
    Why?

  2. #12
    Senior Member Retmeishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI
    Posts
    239

    Default

    I never believed in the Zodiac, but all of a sudden, when I read that my type might change, I wanted to hold onto it, and I didn't like the idea of having my type changed all of a sudden. I still identify as a Virgo somehow, even though in reality I am a skeptic about the Zodiac. Sort of like how my 'lucky number' has been 4, and my official favorite color is 'blue' (although I grew to love orange and earth tones and greens too, and now that I think about it, there's all those other wonderful colors...) - I'm attached to those things even though they don't really mean anything to who I am. Same with Virgo.

    My zodiac type didn't change. September 21 is still Virgo.

  3. #13
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    This "news" has been known for a long time...

    It's the difference between the tropical and the sidereal zodiac...

    For anybody who's studied astrology, this is not news...

    It's been known for almost 2,000 years...

    Yes! I actually read a book about the sidereal zodiac and the 13th sign a few years back and found it to be pretty awesome that the sun was actually in Pisces as opposed to Aries, as I had grown up believing. So, on my birthday I got a Pisces tattoo rather than a Aries tat. Although it always lead to confusion when people asked my birthday, then were perplexed as they had known my birthday to fit in with the western zodiac of Aries. Glad it's cleared up now.

    However, I've always checked both Pisces and Aries horoscopes... and maybe it's because I want to see it... but I've always found both to be fitting to me. An emotional dreamer with firery spontaneity.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  4. #14
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    However, I've always checked both Pisces and Aries horoscopes... and maybe it's because I want to see it... but I've always found both to be fitting to me. An emotional dreamer with firery spontaneity.
    Interesting that you say that, because, if one were to create an explanation as to what should be done about the sidereal vs. tropical issue, I think the best explanation would be something along the lines that both should be used, in conjunction with one another, shedding more light on a person's character.

    Just thought of this last night, and here you are this morning saying you do precisely that.

    Synchronicity.

  5. #15
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    My friend is gonna be pissed, ( she has a huge Gemini tat on her wrist.)

  6. #16
    null Jonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    FREE
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    This doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't it only matter when you were born? If back in 1986 on March 28th it was time of the Aries, then wouldn't I still be Aries? It just means that now ppl born March 28th will be something else... In any event, I don't see evidence of any truth to this stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #17
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This doesn't make any sense to me. Doesn't it only matter when you were born? If back in 1986 on March 28th it was time of the Aries, then wouldn't I still be Aries? It just means that now ppl born March 28th will be something else... In any event, I don't see evidence of any truth to this stuff.
    This is another possible explanation, if you want to make one.

    However, if I understand what is happening correctly, it would require some interesting trickeration, because this process of the dates changing is constant and ongoing.

    If I understand it correctly, every 70 years the constellations shift 1 degree (out of 360), and so, after ~2,100 years, they will have shifted approximately 30 degrees, which is about one full sign.

    The one thing I'm not 100% sure on, but I believe may be the case, is that this process is actually cyclical.

    That is to say, it will go in one direction for a certain amount of time (24,000 years?), and then back the other direction for approximately the same amount of time.

    I believe it's actually related to why the Mayan calendar "ends" in 2012 (and, ftr, I'm not some crazy "the world is gunna end in 2012" kinda person)...

    I'm not 100% sure on all this, and, unfortunately, I don't know many people more versed in astrology than myself (and I'm not really all that well versed myself).


  8. #18
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,162

    Default

    ^ Jag, can you offer any help on this matter?

  9. #19
    Senior Member IndyGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI
    Posts
    2,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Interesting that you say that, because, if one were to create an explanation as to what should be done about the sidereal vs. tropical issue, I think the best explanation would be something along the lines that both should be used, in conjunction with one another, shedding more light on a person's character.

    Just thought of this last night, and here you are this morning saying you do precisely that.

    Synchronicity.
    Well, one's based upon where the sun is, what constellation it is visible through and where we see it while on earth. The other is based upon seasons, I believe. (Don't quote me on that, it's been a long time since I've read up on this stuff and I'm horrible with facts.) I think both hold relevance.

    If the sun was in Pisces (as opposed to Aries like the tropical/western zodiac says), and if you believe that stars can indeed affect you as a person, then I think I would contain the characteristics of said constellation. (I mean, c'mon, the moon's tides has effects on people, why not astrology?)

    With the tropical, I like how it's sort of a progression of character or life... starting with Aries, the beginning of spring... it's sort of like the birth of the seasons. And Aries has the essence of new life and spring time. Emerging energy. And it sort of matures as it progresses through the other signs. Taurus, the sensual and earthy... but then you get as far as Sagittarius where the characteristics are more matured... communicative, etc. And so on down the line. I do believe seasons can have an effect on people as well. And how the planets align out side of that all pull and push on all of us.

    I don't know if that was a justified line of reasoning, but hey... I do what I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    My friend is gonna be pissed, ( she has a huge Gemini tat on her wrist.)
    Nah. She's still a Gemini on the western zodiac. This is stuff that's been known for a long time by the western astrologers, and they've disregarded it for ages.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

  10. #20
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I don't believe in astrology so the fact that I changed my sign had no effect on me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




Similar Threads

  1. How has the MBTI affected you? (Video Q&A #1)
    By Jonny in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
  2. [NF] How does unresolved conflict affect you?
    By fidelia in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 11:46 AM
  3. How has learning about personality type affected you?
    By ring the bell in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
  4. Curiosity - how does it affect you.
    By TenebrousReflection in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 03:53 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO