• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quantum Entanglement

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I have a friend that claims if we all think too much about the world ending it will. :huh: Does anyone want to share any insight on this theory?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Hmm, a better thread title would seem to be "Dealing with psychotic friends." This person's thoughts and quantum entanglement have little relationship with each other.

F

figsfiggyfigs

LOL!!!

This is like the theory of those attracting positive things, if they think about positive things....or vice versa.
Like that 'The Secret' book :laugh:

Your friend is odd.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
LOL! My friend is awesome :tongue: I'm just a little @_@ about what we've been discussing over the past hour in regards to people freaking out over the animal deaths, global warming, etc. and her outlook on it. I personally don't share the view that we could potentially think ourselves into oblivion, but I was curious if there was anyone that did and their thoughts behind it. :)

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Maybe the more people think the apocalypse is approaching, the more it's accepted as inevitable, so the less resistance we'll put up if it does start to happen?

I don't know, it's a long shot. I do think it's a good idea to have the thread title unrelated to the thread's topic though.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I thought this thread would be another example for where religion and philosophy had interpreted scientific results.

But seems that some yet has to steal and bring in connection quantum entaglement and the role God plays in it. I am thinking puppet master ? All our energy is entagled with the puppet master, no ?!

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
LOL! Sorry guys, I didn't realize that my thread topic had nothing to do with my post! It's simply what she called it. :D Something about how it's the same thing as a cat in a box? Until you open the box the cat exists in two possible states alive/dead and whatever you think it might be has a better chance of what it will be when you open it? I dunno. :laugh:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Do you really want to know?
*gonna be long*
And technical...maybe
Or simple
I have a way with psychobabble.

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Actually I really would :) It's peaked my interest.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
New age philosophy. The secret and all that sort of stuff. I've read a lot about the theory of why they are supposed to work. It does interest me but even just reading the theory about it generally labels me as a... psycho?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Even if every single person in the world wanted the world to end, we still couldn't make it happen. Not enough energy.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Even if every single person in the world wanted the world to end, we still couldn't make it happen. Not enough energy.

We could always build Nuclear weapons and detonate enough of them to make the surface of the earth uninhabitable.

That would be enough energy to end the world if all or most of us really wanted to commit suicide, wouldn't it?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I have a friend that claims if we all think too much about the world ending it will. :huh: Does anyone want to share any insight on this theory?

Well, I think something like that sometimes. You know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, or how did the saying go. If everyone was like, "ok, the world might end, so what?" then there would be no fights to prevent it from ending. And the fights that are to prevent it are the ones that will destroy the world.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We could always build Nuclear weapons and detonate enough of them to make the surface of the earth uninhabitable.

That would be enough energy to end the world if all or most of us really wanted to commit suicide, wouldn't it?

Only if you dont consider bacteria to be persons

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just for fun (and because I'm a paranoid alarmist asshole), I'll try and make the argument that negative thinking could kill us all.

The Maharishi Effect (also called "super radiance") is the supposed benefit that a society receives when a small number of practitioners of Transcendental Meditation techniques are active. In 1960, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi predicted that if one percent of the population practiced Transcendental Meditation, the quality of life for the entire population would be affected by reducing violence, crime, disease, deadly storms, and other destructive natural forces. The threshold required to see such a Maharishi Effect is training 1% of the population in Transcendental Meditation. In 1976, a study conducted by researchers with Maharishi University of Management claimed to show the Maharishi Effect because they said that crime was reduced an average of 16% in communities where 1% of the population was practicing the TM technique.

According to literature from the Canadian branch of this guy's school, "by creating this effect, Canada will radiate a peaceful influence to all nations, naturally disallowing the birth of an enemy...the result is an invincible armour for the nation, which automatically prevents incoherent influences from disturbing the country's internal peace and harmony." (It obviously, obviously has.)

A study conducted in the Middle East in 1983 by David Orme-Johnson, et al., was published in Journal of Conflict Resolution and presented statistical evidence for the Maharishi Effect. This was a prospective experiment (one in which the outcome is predicted in advance). All the variables were publicly available data, and a list of the variables used in the study was placed with an outside Project Review Board prior to the experiment. Analysis showed there were fewer automobile accidents, fires, and crime in Jerusalem during the time of the experiment. Additionally, research results indicated that the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi group practice caused statistically measurable improvements in the quality of life in the country as a whole. The study measured reduction in crime, an increase in the stock market price, improved national mood (as measured by news content analysis) and a reduction of hostilities in the war in Lebanon (fewer war deaths and decreased war intensity as measured by news content analysis). According to the study, the effects of religious holidays, temperature, weekends, and other forms of seasonality were controlled for and did not account for the results. Additionally, according to the authors, all cross-correlations and transfer functions supported a causal interpretation.

Studies, Criticisms, Responses, and more studies

Most Buddhists accept the idea that meditation supports the local population's wellbeing, and it's cited as one rational for communities to support monks economically. If you accept the validity of this theory, then you should also accept the opposite, that thinking, worrying, anger, jealousy, greed and deception creates the opposite effect in the world. Enough to bring it all down? :shrug: Maybe. As an aside, it lends credence to all the critics of militaristic right-wing rhetoric in that it creates an indirect link between violence and rhetoric where we don't have a direct one.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Most Buddhists accept the idea that meditation supports the local population's wellbeing, and it's cited as one rational for communities to support monks economically. If you accept the validity of this theory, then you should also accept the opposite, that thinking, worrying, anger, jealousy, greed and deception creates the opposite effect in the world. Enough to bring it all down?

Yeah, I think that is true. At least personally, I feel that my current optimism has come through optimistic people who have had an effect on my perspective. And I also feel myself going lower if I hang out with negative people. So, yes, if you take this idea global, then it is most important thing in the world to be on the positive side. Obviously, you can't try and be a guy that goes around spreading joy, because that is fake in as much as it is striving. It should be enough to have some positive effect on the people that are in your life.

Sunny Ghost

I think they might be referring to self-fulfilled prophecy. I think it's more of the fact that, the more you believe it to be true, the more likely you are to let it happen.

Such as, if you believe that everyones carbon footprint is eventually going to lead to the downfall of the globe, then you're less likely to control your own actions towards the supposed inevitable.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This morning it sounded so much better than it does now but here goes.

As has been mentioned the frequency of the vibrations that travel along positive and negative corridors, does and can be like a self fulfilling prophesy. You know we travel in a world full of consensus trance moments in belief where we are blinded sometimes by the sway of the masses and then that energy like a richter scale, we'll call it lay lines or a morphogenetic field. Like the activators of consciousness of a collective centralised belief structure of resonances. What that means is that in slow motion when this state whether in joy or in fear is perpetuated on a global scale this gives rise to a certain energy frequency that is speeding up the process. Like apoptosis or cell death, like a metastasis that spreads like a cancer so too the whole notion of existence would change. More like quantum shifts in energy, which goes back to other alternative forms like health of the cosmic tree and yada yada. Chip away at the whole where you get dead wood then the manifestation of that energy becomes intertwined with the creation of that victimised state of reality, like a whole earthly post traumatic stress disorder. hahaha

And then stuff happens on an energetic level that is totally out of sync and your wondering was this just a freak of nature or was there a rise in some kind of propulsion for that kind of activity to accelerate. Take wars for instance, there is a particular energy that is created that is manifested as the power, centralised control mechanisem to restructure something that is beyond us to comprehend but there are distinct patterns there. Its like if you zoom out of the history of the out of alignment that is going on and notice it like a stock market crash. ahaha okay that is a bit crass but its like the energy shifts, its viral.

Which brings back to consider this from a viral perspective. If we are putting death as the control mechanisem to think this world to death that it is something that'll crop up in some way given rise to the proportion of out of alignment entities who create the energy manifestation for this to be created in our realities. Now you might say what the crazy talk bs is this.

But think of it like a river, when it can flood or it can dry up, both are going to create an energy shift yeah.

Okay scrap that different tact

Imagine we are an aspect of ourselves out of alignment to reality and unreality. In that aspect which is our personality we are experiencing entanglement. Blurring out who we are and what disrupts our energies while letting other energies consume us on the curve, the zigzagging of our realities from the negative and positive synchronicities that happen. Like you know when you have a bad day, its not just a bad day but like one after the other of crazy shit that the day just can't seem to get better. And then when your having a good day the flow is one after the other fantastic.

Then imagine if we our aspects are like a holographic universe or holographic mind imprints and there is instant transmission that passes along like a carrier of code along a morphogenetic field that can be reinterpreted and passed along epigenetically but thats something else altogether but probably relates in some way who knows. Anyway as these biphotons we'll call them aspects of energies are aspects of us, like DNA fingerprints we leave our holographic aspects of energy upon everything we touch. We can take in dimensional, as multidimensional states of other peoples states as well as drop our own but they are like fragments. Like you would when you see Star Wars and there is a holographic image of a messenger. lol

Oh_kay...I went on a tangent there, backs out slowly. Um then imagine that as these aspects we can absorb of people around us, the same way as we can switch ourselves of in spirit through the agency of the environment we live in and consume. Which almost feels like its been done on purpose that way so that we are blocked from our intuitive centres hearts and crown chakras. But that goes back to the endocrine system, again off topic. And like these aspects of entanglement that are like holographic minds, imprints of sway gaining points towards the frequency that thinks its way to death whether singular or mass global when it comes to the sways and tides religion, war and politics have then yes in theory it is possible to that if you think about the world ending, depending of the frequency and mass distribution who want it it would play out in some way on a conscious level.

There that should explain things. :alttongue: :ninja: :cheese:

Emphasis on the :cheese:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Thank you all for such interesting feedback! I think I'm starting to get it now, I find it easiest to relate it to energy like ThatsWhatHeSaid pointed out. War, I know, has an energy. Panic has an energy. So if one person begins to openly panic about the end of the world, it can spread, and spread and (even though we couldn't do anything about it anyway) would be likely driven to strange acts in our panic that we wouldn't do normally and chance triggering something apocolyptic because "oh wells, we're all gunna die anyway."

Synapse, I'm sure your post was very informative...Unfortunately, I'm not that smart. Or at least smart enough in that field to really understand what you're talking about. I only vaguely know what a chakra is, and numerous other things you've mentioned I've never before heard of. You seem to have a lot of knowledge though! It reads like you have so much that you're actually struggling to break it down for me :laugh: I don't know if that's true or not, but thank you so much for typing it all out and sharing it with me regardless.

You guys are awesome :)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I told ya i have a way with psychobabble and that it was gonna be technical ahahah. xD
I get carried away with it. ;)
What ThatsWhatHeSaid sounds good.
I was trying to speculate openly as it comes, in my own world. :D