User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Opening Your Chakras

So, I have recently started reading about and trying to open my chakras. It's very relaxing. I haven't experienced anything extraordinary but I do feel like I am more centered. I have come to understand the difference between "spiritual" and "religious".

The reason I was posting was to see if anyone else out there attempts this kind of meditation and to share their experiences with it if they do.

I came across this website as well; It goes over the enneagram in relation to the chakras: Energy and the Enneagram
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    OMNi

I've thought about it before.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/56535-post5.html

I utilize meditation techniques quite a bit. Especially when I am stressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I took a chakra test recently because I wondered what it was, and it said that my throat and third eye were open/healthy, but that all the others were closed very hard (by between 33 and 50 percent). I wonder what that means?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I took a chakra test recently because I wondered what it was, and it said that my throat and third eye were open/healthy, but that all the others were closed very hard (by between 33 and 50 percent). I wonder what that means?
    Lower chakras having to do with Love (heart) creatvity(stomach),survival (sacral), reproduction, sex, attachment. At least that is how I remember it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I recommend honest consideration of Tonglen as a surefire strategy to broaden perspective.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

How exactly do you do it? Open your chakras that is?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Introduction to the chakras
    This page has that information.

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    How exactly do you do it? Open your chakras that is?
    It involves doing meditation and this: Opening the Chakras

I don't feel comfortable explaining it yet but this is an adequate guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFP

I have had an interest in chakras for a long time. When I meditate(which isn't as much as I used to), I focus on my heart chakra. There is another chakra called the secret heart(hridaya) that is only found in one tradition. Its supposedly the source of our personal vision of the divine.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I recommend honest consideration of Tonglen as a surefire strategy to broaden perspective.

This would take an incredibly self-assured, fearless person to do this -- basically truly let go inside of their plusses to take on people's minusses. Most people are so scared of holding onto what they have and filled with a sense of scarcity they must struggle against. Basically feel they have little control over their world.

As for chakras, whatever helps you feel centered. Whether chakras are "real" or not, even just visualizing and meditating on the meaning of what your chakras represent and their health can be very helpful.

I had a friend who said she studied ninjitsu (yes, that would be the thing ninjas practiced, and she's from Hawaii so she can say these things) and she checked my chakras for me using a crystal on a chain. That classic divining tool. Supposedly my throat chakra was overactive. Considering she thought I talked too much, I'm not surprised.

While you are working on chakras, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some acupuncture done or practice restorative/meditative yoga. A hardcore Bikram yoga studio comes to mind.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
    I have had an interest in chakras for a long time. When I meditate(which isn't as much as I used to), I focus on my heart chakra. There is another chakra called the secret heart(hridaya) that is only found in one tradition. Its supposedly the source of our personal vision of the divine.
    Out of all my Chakras, my heart is by far the easiest to open. I took me a few seconds to feel the tingling/flowering feeling. My Throat and Sacral chakras have been the hardest ones to open. In fact I still haven't really opened them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    This would take an incredibly self-assured, fearless person to do this -- basically truly let go inside of their plusses to take on people's minusses. Most people are so scared of holding onto what they have and filled with a sense of scarcity they must struggle against. Basically feel they have little control over their world.

As for chakras, whatever helps you feel centered. Whether chakras are "real" or not, even just visualizing and meditating on the meaning of what your chakras represent and their health can be very helpful.

I had a friend who said she studied ninjitsu (yes, that would be the thing ninjas practiced, and she's from Hawaii so she can say these things) and she checked my chakras for me using a crystal on a chain. That classic divining tool. Supposedly my throat chakra was overactive. Considering she thought I talked too much, I'm not surprised.

While you are working on chakras, I don't think it's a bad idea to get some acupuncture done or practice restorative/meditative yoga. A hardcore Bikram yoga studio comes to mind.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how much I buy into chakras but the concentration on the 7 aspects of myself really does put myself in center.

I'm simply trying to help balance out my overly-stressful college life. I really feel like I'm on the end of my rope and I want to fix that... not to mention I have insomnia.

I'll look into yoga, but I'm honestly not in the position to pay for classes.

I'm open to more suggestions from anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social