User Tag List

First 123 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wonder if any Ts would feel the need to do such a thing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I can't imagine why a T would ever feel the need.

MBTI
    INFP

Here is a nice video about the chakras. It has three parts, but I'll just link to the first part.

YouTube - The Human Body Energy Centers, Beautiful! (1 of 3)

MBTI
    Zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I can't imagine why a T would ever feel the need.
    Why would you generalize? If any type with a T is trying to improve themselves or has been approached by someone telling them how beneficial it is, they may just look into it. Or after they witness the benefits may come to try it out to see if it's a placebo effect thing or can actually help them. Perhaps, they'd better appreciate the systems of such practices or even understand them better. If they've embraced who they are w/o feeling embarassed all the time of their feelings/whathave you, it may be no big deal for them or they may just not care to share that facet of their life as easily as a xxFx type. An INFJ may think 'paranormal' or opening chakras to be weird if raised to think that way (we like conforming to standards of loved ones if we really love them--not always though). If raised negatively about anything, anyone may be influenced in just accepting w/e it is as fact. I could see a xxTx type learning all the basics and advanced concepts if raised to learn about them. Or maybe they'd rebel, I don't know. I just don't like generalizing and wonder if I were an INTJ instead of INFJ, I might think "S/he thinks they know me, huh. I'll just do the opposite to spite them." (whether right or wrong lol-so maybe you are right and I'm just being stubborn for them ).

My sis is an INTJ and honestly...she used to think most of what I thought/experienced 'paranormally' was 'weird' even though she's had similiar experiences. She tells me she doesn't really care to look into it as deeply as me but just take them for what they are as they come. And these types of topics have occasionaly interested her. It's just a bit harder for her to share it (even w/ me sometimes and we're extremelyclose) and comprehend it fully or trust it. She's learned to trust it, not only through me, but as she couldn't deny w/e it is as she keeps experiencing it. Lucid dreams? What does she care what they mean but that she does it and it's interesting chopping up her idiotic classmates.... (she'd kill me if she knew I said all this, so shhh )But she's just one xxTx out of a whole slew of them and I could be way off about all this.

I'd think an ENTP might like to learn how to open chakras if it seems interesting to them or they just wanna take a crack at it. They may not have the patience to last it out, though lol I couldn't say on other xxTx's as I'm not proficient in knowing all the types yet. Or maybe if xxxTx types pitch in and all of them claim to find topics such as this as silly and disinteresting, I may just change my mind (though I doubt it!)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriousDisposition View Post
    Why would you generalize? If any type with a T is trying to improve themselves or has been approached by someone telling them how beneficial it is, they may just look into it. Or after they witness the benefits may come to try it out to see if it's a placebo effect thing or can actually help them. Perhaps, they'd better appreciate the systems of such practices or even understand them better. If they've embraced who they are w/o feeling embarassed all the time of their feelings/whathave you, it may be no big deal for them or they may just not care to share that facet of their life as easily as a xxFx type. An INFJ may think 'paranormal' or opening chakras to be weird if raised to think that way (we like conforming to standards of loved ones if we really love them--not always though). If raised negatively about anything, anyone may be influenced in just accepting w/e it is as fact. I could see a xxTx type learning all the basics and advanced concepts if raised to learn about them. Or maybe they'd rebel, I don't know. I just don't like generalizing and wonder if I were an INTJ instead of INFJ, I might think "S/he thinks they know me, huh. I'll just do the opposite to spite them." (whether right or wrong lol-so maybe you are right and I'm just being stubborn for them ).

My sis is an INTJ and honestly...she used to think most of what I thought/experienced 'paranormally' was 'weird' even though she's had similiar experiences. She tells me she doesn't really care to look into it as deeply as me but just take them for what they are as they come. And these types of topics have occasionaly interested her. It's just a bit harder for her to share it (even w/ me sometimes and we're extremelyclose) and comprehend it fully or trust it. She's learned to trust it, not only through me, but as she couldn't deny w/e it is as she keeps experiencing it. Lucid dreams? What does she care what they mean but that she does it and it's interesting chopping up her idiotic classmates.... (she'd kill me if she knew I said all this, so shhh )But she's just one xxTx out of a whole slew of them and I could be way off about all this.

I'd think an ENTP might like to learn how to open chakras if it seems interesting to them or they just wanna take a crack at it. They may not have the patience to last it out, though lol I couldn't say on other xxTx's as I'm not proficient in knowing all the types yet. Or maybe if xxxTx types pitch in and all of them claim to find topics such as this as silly and disinteresting, I may just change my mind (though I doubt it!)
    I was being facetious. See Randomnity's post.

I'm a T into this type of spiritual behavior. I stand thusly as my exception.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Would it shock you to hear that I'm not really interested in this for the spiritual aspects, but only because I know that those points on the body are associated with major nerves, and find the associations of different kinds of awareness with particular parts of the body interesting? I actually think the the opening thing works for some people because it helps you "center" yourself, and focusing on a particular part of your body might help you relax certain muscles, and possibly thinking it will work would provide a slight placebo effect. Also, knowing about all these aspects of the self associated with chakras and consciously trying to be more balanced between them might very well be providing some of the benefits in and of itself.

That said, I've never engaged in meditation or other such practices, mainly because I'm preoccupied with other things I'm interested in. I'm not opposed to it, I've just never felt a strong pull towards it. I mainly took the test to see what my results in that context might represent.

So F's don't necessarily believe in it spiritually as much as they're just typically more curious about what it might mean or represent even though it's not scientific... what the person who came up with it might have been thinking of, and why.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Would it shock you to hear that I'm not really interested in this for the spiritual aspects, but only because I know that those points on the body are associated with major nerves, and find the associations of different kinds of awareness with particular parts of the body interesting? .

So F's don't necessarily believe in it spiritually as much as they're just typically more curious about what it might mean or represent even though it's not scientific... what the person who came up with it might have been thinking of, and why.
    Curious how things interplay.

My addition of the "T" element was ironical; my mention of it does not suggest a deeper intellectual foothold beyond a (clearly) misguided attempt at levity.

As I made mention in my response to DeliriousDisposition, it was tongue-in-cheek.

Pshew.

MBTI
    Zzzz

Ah, forgive me! I just zoomed onto your post as it struck me I actually wanted to ask you if you were..but thought it would seem mocking..

Yes, very tongue-in-cheek. I shall be aware of that when reading your posts in future.

MBTI
    Zzzz

athenian200, I wonder if Night's laughing at the silly xxFx's who Fe-ed all over her/him. Err

Or at the least, amused. I wonder...unsurely...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

No. The error was mine.

Pardon my errant hand.