User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Could be misanthropy is a form of projection. Self-hate projected on to other people. I've yet to meet a person happy with themselves who hated other people.
    Which one are ye?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Why do you insist on believing that humanity is composed of spineless, brainless, grotesque germs who routinely consume their own body weight in excrement?
    Wait, are we talking about humankind in general or just the coprophiliacs?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Which one are ye?
    My sometimes self-hate is self-love, or is it the reverse. I am never quite sure.

I am guilty of resentments which I blow up into existential grudges against mankind. But, at root is really just a basic emotion. It seems like that happens a lot. We have an emotion then we construct an intellectual idea to support it.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    9w8

My sometimes self-hate is self-love, or is it the reverse. I am never quite sure.
    This does not make sense. Would you mind expressing it in such a way that it does, please?

I am guilty of resentments which I blow up into existential grudges against mankind. But, at root is really just a basic emotion. It seems like that happens a lot. We have an emotion then we construct an intellectual idea to support it.
    I've seen this before. I find it interesting to search for justification in feeling something - when feelings do not necessarily have logical underpinnings and seem to be exacerbated by attempts at validation.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Why do you insist on believing that humanity is composed of spineless, brainless, grotesque germs who routinely consume their own body weight in excrement?
    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Dear Tater,

I am projecting the intense emotional venom of my own self-loathing onto the entire human race, in order to draw the potency of the sting to my self esteem by belittling them so ferociously that I end up regarding them as even less than I am wont to regard myself.

This does not make me truly accept myself or feel at peace, but at least makes me able to face the pain of my existence each day without being overwhelmed with despair at the futility of it all. If I know myself to be an essentially worthless being at core, it is nevertheless a comfort to criticise others until I am assured that they are even less than I.

Yours,

Ann Thrope (Miss)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Dear Misanthropes - what you don't like is seeing your own faces being reflected back to you.
    I don't know if I count as a misanthrope, but, while I find the above critiques to be accurate with regards to a certain category of people who most certainly should be regarded as misanthropes, they would be accusations falsely laid upon a whole nother group (of which I, myself, am a part [and, who knows, may be the only member]), who simply believe in appraising a thing for exactly what it's worth.

Blame it on me being a Libra.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Blame it on me being a Libra.

Libra this!

High standards for good things make bad things look bad.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

2 euro ins Phrasensparschwein !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    This does not make sense. Would you mind expressing it in such a way that it does, please?
    Masochism (not sexual masochism), according to Sartre, is the addiction to failure. So, the fact that I indulge in self-hating behaviors, thoughts, etc. does not mean that they are not intrinsically self-serving. Get it?

I've seen this before. I find it interesting to search for justification in feeling something - when feelings do not necessarily have logical underpinnings and seem to be exacerbated by attempts at validation.
    I think it comes from being out of touch or suppressing what you feel.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Enneagram
    9w8

Masochism (not sexual masochism), according to Sartre, is the addiction to failure. So, the fact that I indulge in self-hating behaviors, thoughts, etc. does not mean that they are not intrinsically self-serving. Get it?
    Yes. I did not intend to insult your method of wording - if ye honestly enjoy the sensation of self-flagellation I won't knock it.

I think it comes from being out of touch or suppressing what you feel.
    I would agree with this.