First 12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by infpwonderer View Post
    Has anyone else ever had a "Wtf???!!!!" Moment where you realised that what you thought you are good at for eons, actually has been your biggest weakness?
    Yeah.
    - My adaptability was bad for me when I chose to try to adapt to every situation, when sometimes you just need to dig in / hold your ground.
    - My rationality was bad for me when I was dealing with things (like life purpose/contentment) that are not driven by rationality.
    - My desire for verifiable proof was bad when I just needed to accept mystery in life, and that just because I can't justify something to someone else doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.

etc

But in many situations these things are good; I was just clinging to them as extremes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Has anyone else ever had a "Wtf???!!!!" Moment where you realised that what you thought you are good at for eons, actually has been your biggest weakness?
    Yeah.
    - My adaptability was bad for me when I chose to try to adapt to every situation, when sometimes you just need to dig in / hold your ground.
    - My rationality was bad for me when I was dealing with things (like life purpose/contentment) that are not driven by rationality.
    - My desire for verifiable proof was bad when I just needed to accept mystery in life, and that just because I can't justify something to someone else doesn't mean I shouldn't do it.

etc

But in many situations these things are good; I was just clinging to them as extremes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    infp

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I don't know if my strengths are my biggest weaknesses..

I think it's more that for every positive reaction there is a negative one.. The Ying and Yang..

Your strengths have always been your weakness, you weakness has always been your strength.

It's all in the utilization and timing.

That's exactly it lol although it does sound very wooly!!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i kinda see all things as being good and bad at the same time. it's a strange world we live in, and perceptions are even stranger. for any one thing or thought there can be several different perceptions. often times, our gifts are at the same time our curse. being empathetic, for example, can make one connect with so many different people. however, at the same time, being empathetic to people can cause a lot of personal pain as well.

with your particular example, i think it's great to be open minded to other peoples ideas and views. so many people in the world are still ignorant or stubborn to views outside of their own, and i think this is definitely something to be valued. but agreed, that at the same time, this can be viewed as being easily pushed over. you can find a balance with the two. be receptive to others views, and at the same time, broaden the other persons views by sharing your own... and without being pushy... but by having a mature and open conversation where all sides are welcomed. and if someone isn't able to be open to your views... well at least you were on your end.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I think of different traits that I have and they can be good or bad depending on the situation and on how I use them.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sure, like I'm the opposite of you and instead of avoiding conflict I have a tendency to not only stand up for myself, but for others, and I like to argue (my mother thinks I should be a lawyer, but unfortunately I don't think I'm rational enough to actually do that sort of work) ...and it can make me appear obnoxious or overly confrontational at times. Then again, I have family members who know I'll always have their back and that I can even scare away bullies.

I also used to think being uber-liberal was awesome, until I looked around me at other people and realized how nauseating and CLOSED MINDED it actually can be...and thusly became a bit more moderate. The irony was that I thought I was so open-minded and on the side of "good" when in truth I could be a rigid asshole. Of course, I think people who are either extremely left or right should eventually have that realization, problem is that many don't.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Makes sense. A strength that is overused or inappropriately used for the situation can be a liability.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I have always been very accomodating and thought that was what it meant to be a nice person until I slowly realized that I was conflict avoidant as hell and just used the line of least resistence to get the world to leave me in peace (which was my true objective) ..sort of rudimentary Fe for dummies.

Also, overanalyzing sucks when life demands that you take action. Nothing new there.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, it's some kind of defense mechanism. The question is why that specific weakness? This is not random.

I used to think I am very adaptable, but I am not, even though extraverts should be more adaptable bla bla bla... I have a hard time adapting to the environment. And to people generally.

Permabanned

I've been thinking..
    We might be more aware of how bad we are at something because we do it a lot. Like that whole "The more you know, the more you know you don't know" thing.